Author Topic: For all the "Riff Raff"  (Read 264 times)

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
For all the "Riff Raff"
« on: March 16, 2000, 06:16:00 AM »
 Coming from Warbirds I once had the "elitest" mentality that seems to be prevalent in that community. As an example I`ll use the following quote lifted from an AGW thread.

Most of these because they play WBs are WILLING to put their money where their mouth is.

Money always did seperate the upper class from the dweebs

I have to say after flying with you "riff raff" from Warbirds,Air Warrior and Fighter Ace that this is the biggest pile of doo I`ve smelled in awhile.      I salute all you for making this a very intense experience and am glad to have the opportunity to fly against the best virtual pilots in the online flight sim market.

P.S.
Funked tell DMF I`ll kill him yet!    

------------------

JG2 "Richthofen"

Aces High Instructor Corps

[This message has been edited by weazel (edited 03-16-2000).]

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
For all the "Riff Raff"
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2000, 07:40:00 AM »
<S> to you too Weazel and the____

???

What squad are you with?

<g,d,rlh>

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
For all the "Riff Raff"
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2000, 08:58:00 AM »
Weazel-

I don't think I would take the comments there too seriously, as I think it is a vocal minority. Granted, it is caustic at times, but we have that here sometimes too.  

I agree with you whole-heartedly about the community mix. I think it is fantastic the way AW, DoA, FA, and WB have sent some very fine pilots here in a unique and very enjoyable community. I really am beginning to feel I know about everyone in this village (hey, am I the village idiot?). Been really great!  

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
For all the "Riff Raff"
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2000, 09:10:00 AM »
I used to be a WB Elite pilot (sob)
Thank god I'm done with all that, I'll settle for being  a nice medocre riff raff if thats ok guys.

frankly thats one of the biggest surprises for me. This community rocks!

------------------
Maj Ghosth
XO 332nd Flying Mongrels

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
For all the "Riff Raff"
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2000, 11:26:00 AM »
Thanks, Weazel.  

I had a lot of fun the other night!  And someone remind Funked and his massively inflated ego that if I'd been using cannons he'd have been dead on any of the first four turns.  

I really think AH has gotten some of the best of both communities (AW and WB), and that can only be a good thing.  Weazel, you're one of the better ones.  <S> on a bunch of fun fights.

-- DMF

Offline NineZ

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.user.shentel.net/vonz/jagdneun.html
For all the "Riff Raff"
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2000, 11:40:00 AM »
Yep, Im starting to feel like a part of this sim.  I mean after all everyone has killed me at one time or another.  hehee!  And Im seeing a bunch of FA realistic arena pilots making the switch to this sim. Its only going to get better.

JagdNine

------------------

[This message has been edited by NineZ (edited 03-16-2000).]

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
For all the "Riff Raff"
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2000, 01:09:00 PM »
Gotcha beat bigtime NineZ, all these guys have killed me many, many times and everytime someone new signs up they head directly to whatever I am flying and shoot it.

In fact, I think everyone flying Knights with me have switched sides at least once to shoot me.

I am also true riff raff, never flew anything online except SDOhEll and that does not count.

Most of the online oldtimers from other sims in AH are great and very helpful to rookies.

This is a good place, forum and arenas.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
For all the "Riff Raff"
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2000, 02:13:00 PM »
LOL.. riff raff; may A**...  

I happen ta kinda like it here in the slums. The cat likes it too... lotsa social contact.  

Of course; I expect all of you have had your shots???

------------------
   TDY from Warbirds Pale Horses Squadron

[This message has been edited by Hangtime (edited 03-16-2000).]
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
For all the "Riff Raff"
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2000, 06:28:00 PM »
When I left the FA Realistic arena to come to AH I was delighted to find Nine and other Musketeers already here.  These guys had been one of the mainstays of FA Realistic both in 1.5 and 2.0 and to my estimation awesome sim pilots who were the first to take to the even more demanding FA2 Realistic Arena and evidently also the first to realize that it wasn't ready for prime time.  They and many others made me and my other two exile m8s feel welcome and offered good tips to ease the transition.  I'm extremely happy to be here and if I could only get the balance of our squad to come over life would be perfect.

Beeger
Tiger Squadron

Originally posted by NineZ:
Yep, Im starting to feel like a part of this sim.  I mean after all everyone has killed me at one time or another.  hehee!  And Im seeing a bunch of FA realistic arena pilots making the switch to this sim. Its only going to get better.

JagdNine

funked

For all the "Riff Raff"
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2000, 08:36:00 PM »
I dunno Weazel, DMF sure looks like Riff-Raff to me!  

Offline NineZ

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.user.shentel.net/vonz/jagdneun.html
For all the "Riff Raff"
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2000, 06:22:00 AM »
Kind words, Von Bee. <Salute>

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
For all the "Riff Raff"
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2000, 12:16:00 PM »
LOL  

Nothing better than one players excited response, "Hey, I just got my first AH kill!".  Then notice that your name is in the Kill Buffer.    

BTW not being so Elitist of a person.  My golf handicap dropped to a 7 for the same amount of money I could have spent becoming an Ace of Aces playing WB's.

But gosh, AH is so fun and I love it very much.  I am also happy with the community here, the best online one I have discovered.

Good Luck all you Losers, I hope to shoot you down!  

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

[This message has been edited by Minotaur (edited 03-17-2000).]

Sn1p3r

For all the "Riff Raff"
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2000, 03:26:00 PM »
This is my first on-line flight sim ever.  It sure is nice to know that I am learning from the best virtual pilots around!

<S> to all that have allowed me to collect your bullets on a regular basis :-)

-Sn1p3r