Author Topic: RunWays disapearing?  (Read 308 times)

Offline thebest1

• Silver Member
RunWays disapearing?
« on: August 14, 2004, 11:47:16 AM »
Ive Been haveing this same problum since i started AH2 all of my runways r basically looking like they're peeling off and disapearing and you can see in this picture sometimes i cant even see the runway to land. oh and i have an ATI radeon 9200

Offline maxxius

• Nickel Member
RunWays disapearing?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 12:04:29 PM »
i had the same problem..its the card.... it cant support the textue amout so it doesnt show all the pieces. i purchased a 9200 but it did what you describing here..... sometimes the runway is there sometimes it is.....
then the frame rates stayed low 10-24 was the highest  so i got a diff card

as soon as i swaped the card to GEFORCE 5200FX it stoped and even had better frame rates like...32 on ground and up to 85(max refresh for this monitor) in the air

do yourself a favor get a new card.........

hope this helps
maxius
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 12:08:36 PM by maxxius »

Offline phobia

• Zinc Member
RunWays disapearing?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 04:27:29 PM »
TheBest1,

Before you buy a new VC try downloading the latest catalyst drivers from ATI.  I had the same problem ( with the same card ) and all was fixed with the new drivers. It's worth a shot before dishing out the dough!

Oh, and don't forget when installing ATI drivers that you need to completely uninstall the old ones first. Good Luck.

Offline thebest1

• Silver Member
RunWays disapearing?
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 10:08:44 PM »
Phobia um can you send me the websight that you got the drivers from and i dont want to screw up doing it so some basic instructions would be amazing :)

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
RunWays disapearing?
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 02:18:53 AM »
I had that too, never got it to work on a ati 9100 with win 98, newest catalyst didnt help. Maybe they will on a 9200, would be intresting to hear.

Also i heard its gone with winxp/2k with the new catalyst drivers.

I dont know where the solution is, but now running winxp with ati 9600 its fine...

Offline phobia

• Zinc Member
RunWays disapearing?
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 09:21:11 AM »
TheBest,,

Sent you email but just in case:

http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html