Author Topic: HTC - Perk the Disabled? Please  (Read 785 times)

Offline Ironblade

• Nickel Member
HTC - Perk the Disabled? Please
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2004, 08:03:04 PM »
Salute ALL
Wow are things that bad in the Bish And Knight camps that we have to restrict aircraft flown by paying customers I thought we all had the same opportunity to up the same planes ?

Never said you werent affected and  rooks were assumed because bish and knights always complain about our #
but I cant help that you have such low # it leaves something to be said about you sides?
Hay St. Boys

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2004, 08:17:11 PM »
Ironblade - Never said you werent affected and rooks were assumed because bish and knights always complain about our # but I cant help that you have such low # it leaves something to be said about you sides?

Considering that when Rook numbers were low a lot of Knit and Bish squads swapped to help balance out the numbers, and the reverse hasn't happened. What does that say about Rooks?
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Ironblade

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2004, 08:21:21 PM »
Salute All
I guess it says that they stick to there guns or they dance with the ones that brung them...lol
Good Flying hope u get Kills .
Hay St. Boys

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2004, 08:25:26 PM »
Could be what you said, or it could be said be said they are more than happy with having vastly superior numbers at times with the resulting gangbanging, score whoring that goes along with it. After all easier to hide in a hoard and keep your skin, than fly for an outnumbered country. Don't even think I'll get into Rooks deliberately thinning a cap to try to encourage newbs to try and up so they can vulch more. Yes it did happen few nights ago your attack from A5 - > A4.
Here's the kicker - while we were being modified this afternoon a relative newbie (no offence) LtDecker was getting kills in Spit 1. Whats so funny, they were Rooks.

Hope ya get kills also.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 08:28:42 PM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2004, 08:45:08 PM »
my 2 cents on this perk idea...  I fly the C.205 mostly and will not be affected by disabling or perks unless HTC decides to re-evaluate the C.205 into ENY value of 10.

I think it would work... we have seen it work before with the F4U-1C.  It was flown quite a bit until it was perked.  It did encourage the players to fly something else.  

On the other hand, Perk point multiplier however seemed to work when it was first introduced... but lately it does not seem to have an effect.

But then again, what do we mean by work?  Encourage people to change sides or fly a low ENY value plane (and thereby lowering the offensive capabilities)?  These two are a bit different imho.

What we are trying to do is encourage people to change sides.  Like Nobaddy mentioned, the perk cost idea will not achieve this purpose (although I support this idea).  Plainly because it does not encourage people to change sides!  It will, however, on the long run make it easier for the players on the lower numbers because it will encourage the players on the larger numbers to fly a high ENY value plane.  The perk point multiplier failed because the offensive capabilities was not encouraged on the players with lower numbers because people generally do not fly perk planes!

Disabling planes, imho, opinion is not a good idea.  Does it really encourage people to change sides?  I think it encourages people to log off, therefore it does not really acheive the purpose HTC had in the first place.

Of course, it has only been just a day since this has been implemented... I guess time will tell more...

just my 2 cents

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Re: HTC - Perk the Disabled? Please
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2004, 08:49:43 PM »
Originally posted by Midnight
HT.. I'll admit that the only reason I care about your new side balancing idea is because I fly the P-51D all the time. If it is disabled, then I have to start jumping countries to fly it.

May I suggest, that rather than disabling said aircraft, how about turn them into perk planes?

Using the same code that would trigger the planes to be disabled, just turn on perk values for them at a reasonable starting price - in the range of the F4U-C.

Of course then, if the number disparity becomes greater, the price for the perks goes higher, as it does with all other perk planes currently.

I think by this means, you will effectively accomplish the same thing because people can switch sides to fly them for free, but dedicated squads or players that only fly a certain aircraft won't have to switch countries if they are willing to pay the perk price.

How about it?

Yea, what he said.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2004, 10:32:24 PM »
What we are trying to do is encourage people to change sides. Like Nobaddy mentioned, the perk cost idea will not achieve this purpose (although I support this idea). Plainly because it does not encourage people to change sides! It will, however, on the long run make it easier for the players on the lower numbers because it will encourage the players on the larger numbers to fly a high ENY value plane. The perk point multiplier failed because the offensive capabilities was not encouraged on the players with lower numbers because people generally do not fly perk planes!

Unfortuneately apart from restricting their ability to have them, nothing will encourage the higher numbered country to fly higher ENV planes. The perk multiplier was supposed to help the outnumbered side and it didn't work. People seemed to be more than happy getting 1-2 perks a sortie (e.g. only) on a higher numbered side with low ENV planes than getting more perks flying lower ENV plane. Been watching MA numbers today and overall it has been pretty even throughout the day with the occassional spike for all 3 countries.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2004, 10:46:16 PM »
The perk point system is like medicine, if you don't take the full dosage it does you no good.  The perk system has not come close to what it is capable of.  Therefore all planes should be perked based on numbers.  If all countries have even numbers then rides like the L-Gay7, Nooki & pony should be free.  If a country has to many players then all rides should cost.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 10:53:14 PM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Ironblade

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2004, 11:00:59 PM »
Salute All
Hey Kev you have made some good points but as for me  I have been here for a while I started flying the P51d because it was my favorite plane and it wasnt a perk plane I joined a squad that was a historic 51 squad I love to fly the jabo hate the Furbal!
have made many friends over the years that fly rooks and dont want to switch sides all this has done is make it harder on an average pilot guy like myself and im not about the gangbang which ive seen from all 3 countries just sticking to my squadies and wingman like I said nothing against bish or knights I just dont know why you cant draw the #'s it has always seemed pretty even to me except on sundays but the #s werent that out of perportion which is my squad night stay up as late as i can and dont remember the last time I got perks for winning the war.
And of course I was looking for a new sim when AW went away and found this one if it gets bad ill find another.
But good luck and happy hunting hope this works out:}
« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 11:32:44 PM by Ironblade »
Hay St. Boys