Author Topic: Question about the new collision model  (Read 232 times)

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Question about the new collision model
« on: August 14, 2004, 01:14:21 AM »
HTC people, i experianced an unusual thing in the MA tonight, and was hoping to have some one look into it.

i was attacking lancasters, and came in fomr a low 7 (i mean low). i popcorned the left drone, and was strafing the lead, with nary a shot at me yet. as i made the lead blow up. a squaddie was about 900 yards to my low 4 at the time, and witnessed this.

my speed made me come within possibly 200 yeard of the lead when he poped. about 1 second after he poped (i was in a verticle climb with the last bomber in my low 2) i went to tower.

no ping, no sound of hit, nothing.

it almost sounded like i was in a GV and got bombed. it acted the same way too.

i am curious, if the the new model takes into proximity of the plane exploding, and the "blast radius" can kill me?

if that is the case, i heard no mention of it. if it is the case also i would request it being looked into, as far as the proximity of it goes.

<> ty sirs and madams.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline thebest1

• Silver Member
Me
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 08:53:29 AM »
Was that when you attacked RHIN0 and me?

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 10:36:48 PM »
A squad member tonight had 2 collisions while very far from the NME he collided with. He said it was really weird.

I actually never missed the collisions before last patch. Didnt seem to effect game play. No threads were posted to the effect either. Just that ppl noticed that collisions seemed to be turned off. Turn em off.... After all...everything is relitive.
I didnt hear anyone being MAD because someone flew thru them.
Maybe a few bombers...But they shoulda had the NME dead before then anyway.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 11:28:09 PM »
It seems that there is an error in the collision detection.  You can test it offline with the drones.  Film your collisions with them and then watch it.

For a quick test without filming, just slowly overtake one from behind.  Note when the collision happens.  You are clearly not in contact with the P-51 when it happens.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-