Author Topic: What's a Good Joy Stick?  (Read 904 times)

Offline Munkii

• Nickel Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2004, 06:52:36 PM »
I have a Saitek X36 USB I'll sell you.. still has a warranty for another 9 months.. 30 dollars. It's a nice black color as opposed to the X45's bright blue and 300 LED's on it.  Might even be able to get it this weekend if you don't live to far.

Offline Kevin14

• Silver Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2004, 07:10:29 PM »
Microsoft Sidewinder 3D Pro, never a problem until the little connectors on the end of the gameport started to fall out :( .  But... would anyone know where I can possible get a new one?

Offline Munkii

• Nickel Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2004, 07:18:39 PM »
Originally posted by Kevin14
Microsoft Sidewinder 3D Pro, never a problem until the little connectors on the end of the gameport started to fall out :( .  But... would anyone know where I can possible get a new one?

I have one of those as well.. pay the shipping and you can have it.. I'm not sure how well it works.. I can use it.. but I hate gameport.  It worked in AH2.. but I only ever used it for decent.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2004, 07:23:45 PM »
I switched from CH Combatstick+Pro Throttle+TM Pedals to the X-45 a year and a half ago.

I was worried tha the stick would break, since it looks a bit cheap. But so far it's put up with a good deal of abuse, and hasn't slowed down at all. The only two complaints I can think of, are 1) the rediculously large pinky switch. 2). the rubber cover for the "mouse cursor control" wore out, so I've devloped a funny callous on my thumb.  For the Price, I don't see how you can beat the X-45.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline debuman

• Copper Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2004, 11:29:23 PM »
Do like I did and get the best of both worlds - I have the Saitek X45 set up, and the CH Pro Pedals (USB).  It's a great combination!

Sikboy - the curved cover on the pinkie switch comes off - I did that on mine and now it fits my hand great.  It just snaps out of place.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2004, 11:41:13 PM »
Originally posted by debuman

Sikboy - the curved cover on the pinkie switch comes off - I did that on mine and now it fits my hand great.  It just snaps out of place.

I'm rather drunk now, and I'm affraid I'll break it. But I will investigate this tomorrow! lol.

-BB(B)
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2004, 12:25:27 AM »
I like the CH Products Flightstick Pro.  It's based on a stick that's been around for a long, long time, but I really like the feel of it.  Very solid, too.  I've been using CH Products sticks for about 10 years and love them.  The Flightstick Pro for USB is about $90.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2004, 12:50:17 AM »
Damn... all that stuff is expensice!! :eek:

... Said the person with the forked-up POS Wingman Extreme 3D (Logicrap, I mean Crapitech, I mean, oh you know what I mean -- I can't even fly with it, LITERALLY, so what good is it?)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2004, 09:35:08 AM »
X45 with CH Pro Peds

best bang for your buck

pay extra $11 at compusa for 12 month instore replacement plan on X45, then trade in stick for brand new one at least every 12 months (for the cost of another service plan - $11) or before if something wigs out

the ch pro peds will last for many X45 setups

gl
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Jasta

• Copper Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2004, 04:50:26 PM »
Im with XJ. TM Afterburner II

the rocker bar gives so much more control in flight.
My flying got a lot better once I learned how to use it.

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2004, 05:23:10 PM »
5 years of flying so far heres the stick wrap up

Started with a Logitech..lasted about 6 months and died...no help available from anyone

Went to a TM setup..also wore it out in about a year, but TM offered to fix it for a price...hmm

Went to a CH Prothrottle, stick, rudders (gameport) Dang things still work (wherever they are) but upgraded all to USB at the point where I could sneak that much cash past the wife hehe. Been happy with them.

Set up a second system about a year and a half ago, attached an X45 with CH propedals and I have to say it works great. The stick actually has a bit of feel too it, where the Ch is kinda limp (no pun intended).Bought it new from New Egg for about 80 bucks, added and extra years warranty (bringing it to 2 years) for 5 bucks more with free shipping. Pretty sweet deal

Imho, your pretty safe with the X45 (I have a few mates that heve been flying with refurbed  X45's for a lng time) or Ch stuff. Feel would be the biggest difference, but I've come to really depend on the trimwheels on the X45, and really like the stupidly simple profile software available for it at the website ( the stuff in the box is crap)

YMMV, Caveaot Emptor, and all that good stuff. Good luck.

blkmgc
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2004, 05:26:09 PM »
Originally posted by Jasta
Im with XJ. TM Afterburner II

the rocker bar gives so much more control in flight.
My flying got a lot better once I learned how to use it.

I have one here you can have. The rudder potentionmeter is shot (after about 4 months of use) and TM can fix it for about 50 bucks + shipping....but wait..thats what they cost new.. ;)

blkmgc
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2004, 09:43:46 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
X45 with CH Pro Peds

best bang for your buck

pay extra $11 at compusa for 12 month instore replacement plan on X45, then trade in stick for brand new one at least every 12 months (for the cost of another service plan - $11) or before if something wigs out

the ch pro peds will last for many X45 setups

gl

Dammm Eagler.... I like how you think!

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2004, 09:51:54 PM »
Sold on the "Eagler Thought of Relativity"

X45 and CH Pro Peds....

Just gotta sell one of the kids on EBay now....

I do believe in the Bartor System...

Have an Ovation guitar, case and stand. paid $850.00 back in '88.  Still as good as new. Sounds sweet.  Offers?