Author Topic: What's a Good Joy Stick?  (Read 905 times)

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« on: August 14, 2004, 05:39:59 AM »
Need a new Joy Stick.  My MS Sidewinder FF2 died recently and I'll be dammed if I'm gonna buy 1 from EBay. They are trying to sell them at $235.00 a stick.

Please no Logiteck Sticks ...Been there, Done that.  They suck.

Need good sound advice.

Thanks,

MacMAW

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 05:51:57 AM »
CHpro USB Fighter stick - you'll wear out before it does...

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 05:58:27 AM »
Yeah I was looking at the CH Products...especially the pedals... but you say the Fighter Stick is great?

Let me check it out then.

Was also looking at Saitek sticks.

Thanks for the Advice!  

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 06:02:42 AM »
AWMac,

Have a look at the Saitek X-45. You get a stick and a seperate throttle with more buttons on both than you'll ever use.

Durability of the stick depends on who you talk to. Some people have had bad experiences and others (like me) have sticks which are years old and still working fine.

If you get one, I suggest you also look into getting seperate rudder pedals. Rather than going for the 'twisty' rudder (something I loved about Microsoft sticks) you have a 'rocker' which you operate with your little finger and it's hard to get to used to.

Ravs

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 01:07:58 PM »
the x45 is about 40 bucks for the set at the saitek website.  Refurb but comes with a full warranty.

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 01:40:14 PM »
Firm to the touch, hard when yah need it, and agile when neccesary...

Oh..err

I got the Saitek 3D ForceFeed Back, something liek that..
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2004, 01:46:02 PM »
The name "Refurbished" kinda reminds me of having a circumcision reversed... it's almost like  my "Real 4Skin" but it should work as new...

And then it's "AS IS"....No Warranty.

Would you take yer refurbished dork out on the Town for some hard tight flyin...?

Point, Match, Touche...Game over.

:rofl

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2004, 01:55:41 PM »
LOL Here in Oklahoma we have "Refurbished Trailer Homes"... know why they are refurbished?

Cuz they were tossd a mile or two by a Tornado. They might not leak in a storm but they are cursed tornado magnets...

Same thing as folks with homes on the East Coast Beaches.....Nice houses but hurricanes happen...then they cry "Ohhh woe is me..."  Want a nice home? move away from the beach, drive to the beach..."Here's your sign!"

Yep I live in Oklahoma...in the middle of Tornado Alley, softbal sized hail, sideways rain, mud rain, fish fall from the storm, had chickens, cows, horses fly by and some end up in my back yard, roof and pool. Storm passes it's time to check the highway for fresh kill and fire up the grill.  Saves on grocery bills....Help neighbours clear trees and animals. Can't eat nuthin from an Earthquake, or a Hurricane...maybe fish...Floods... snakes are good, if seasoned right... Tornados provide and take away.  May of '98 F5 came down the I44 from OKC towards Tulsa.  Devastated Stroud... they may never rebuild. Worst thing was human body parts... along with everything else scattered from tree to tree.  took 3 Months to clean most of it.  Not hard to find bodies in the boiling Summer Sun.
Awful sight.

But I'd rather live here than anywhere else in the USA. I can leave my doors unlocked all day long, kids bikes in the front yard never get stolen, cars unlocked all day/night long.  I could leave a $20.00 bill on the step of my house in the morning and it will be there at 5pm.

We know how to live ok in Oklahoma... Oklahoma is OK!

:aok
« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 02:12:57 PM by AWMac »

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2004, 02:04:05 PM »
Been very happy with SAITEK x45...went thru to many logitech stuff.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2004, 02:28:01 PM »
Originally posted by demaw1
Been very happy with SAITEK x45...went thru to many logitech stuff.

I can relate..I keep my LogiJoke Wingman Digital Extreme in my puter room as a reminder as how phuched opp this POS is...

Would love to research and find where the main Company is or their CEO... would make a nice projectile....*Understand I am NOT admitting to an act of violance*

Fuggin POS I wonder how many more people are being taking by this Company.

Made in Friggen China...

Let's grow together and force this Company outta business...frikken inexcusable devices.  China, Frikkin China.

Time for America to get off their arses and produce!!! No more out sourcing.

Close our Mexican/Canadian Borders and watch what happens.  Screw NAFTA

We need another Reagan, Roosevelt, Truman, Wilson....Americans are gettin soft and giving jobs away...CEO's need to be held responsible....Open Your Eyes America!!! a 2 Party System has screwed the Middle Class and below for decades.

Free America!!!

OTOH I flea dipped my frikken dawg...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 02:33:02 PM by AWMac »

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2004, 02:31:57 PM »
I'm at a toss between a Saitek V.45 and a CH Fighter Stick.....

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2004, 03:20:39 PM »
had my "refurbished" x45 for 2 years now without any trouble at all.  Again, it has the same warranty as the new one but pick your poison.

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2004, 06:08:03 PM »
CH Fighterstick USB and Pedals here. Never a problem, built like a tank.  You'll notice that CH users don't often post "what's a good joystick" threads.

CH is expensive, though.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2004, 06:16:40 PM »
ra, yep they are! I went to many sites including CH Products... both the Pedals and the Stick were $245.00 a piece.

ouch, but ohhhh it must feel good....Never was into S&M..."Saving Money"  get yer minds outta the gutter geez...

But I feel as though I'm in a Bondage over the choice... *see there ya'll go again "Bondage"  peerves!!!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
What's a Good Joy Stick?
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2004, 06:21:02 PM »
Thrustmaster Afterburner II is good. Has stick and throt and abuncha buttons. Option of rudder on throt, or twisty stick. Adjustable tension settings blah blah blah. Around 80 bucks, maybe cheaper now. I use it and love it.