Author Topic: Couple things that need to be done to make this setup suck even worse  (Read 2836 times)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Enable the F4U4, and disable every plane for the Japs except the B5N.   But make anyone flying Jap empty the tail gun out before they make contact with an enemy.  Should be real exciting, may even get the Allied ******* fighting instead of waiting for 5 on 1 odds to bore n zoom.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Couple things that need to be done to make this setup suck even worse
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 04:58:12 PM »
no they still wont fight cuz we might ram them:lol

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Couple things that need to be done to make this setup suck even worse
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 05:14:00 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
Enable the F4U4, and disable every plane for the Japs except the B5N.   But make anyone flying Jap empty the tail gun out before they make contact with an enemy.  Should be real exciting, may even get the Allied ******* fighting instead of waiting for 5 on 1 odds to bore n zoom.

Seriously, you were pissin' and moanin' that life sucks from the womb, weren'tya? :D

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 05:14:49 PM »
F4U-4 only see the action over Okinawa in 1945, just close til War was over.
Rafe35
Former member of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 06:15:13 PM »
just to let you know, it is just as hard to kill an F4U as it is for an F4U to kill a zero. A slow F4U is a dead F4U which is the only easy part.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 06:31:32 PM »
An F4U is untouchable against Zekes and Ki61's if its flown properly. Zekes are the ultimate rope-a-dope victim, and the F4U turns inside the Ki61 with full flaps in addition the obvious speed advantages. Neither of them really have a chance.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2004, 06:55:08 PM »
still am rather puzzled on why the CT even runs pac.  there are huge holes in the Japanese planeset, but yet the Navy plane set is pretty complete.  you might as well hand you zekes over to the admiral.  alteast in ETO you dont have these huge planeset gaps.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2004, 08:59:54 PM »
"F4U turns inside the Ki61 with full flaps"

Oh please...see how long you live trying that as a tactic. You have got to be joking.

"there are huge holes in the Japanese planeset"

Like what? exactly. Whats the 1943 IJ fighter that would make it all better. Please name it. Stop making stuff up just because its not the 109G-10 arena 24/7.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2004, 09:41:07 PM »
lets see.

Ki43, ki44.  the list goes on and on.  hell we dont't even he a Golly-geen betty so dont tell there is no holes in the Japanese plane set.:rolleyes:  laos not to mention that twin engined japanese fighter.

cry because i dont have a G10 in every setup lol.  i didn't whine once through BoB.  i dont care what plane i fly as long as it isn't lop sided.  like the current setup is.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 09:45:30 PM by B17Skull12 »
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2004, 09:48:13 PM »
Originally posted by Squire
"F4U turns inside the Ki61 with full flaps"

Oh please...see how long you live trying that as a tactic. You have got to be joking.

I do it all the time, its my SOP against the Ki61, I also dont fly over 10k. Under 200 mph the F4U handily out turns the Ki61, ask Karnak.

Maybe your just too timid?

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2004, 10:06:52 PM »
"Ki43, ki44. the list goes on and on"

Lets see, Ki-43 does 320mph and has 2 12.7mm. Right. Ok. Ki-44, no better than a Ki-61, no faster, its poorly armed as well, also less manueverable. Do you have any others?

What did you say "Im off to the MA for another week"? Some support the CT, some don't.

Grits, please, dropping flaps and turning in a F4U-1, I wont debate a tactic that is clearly suicidal unless you are maybe gang banging 3-1. Also, Im not insinuiating im better than you...if you can manage to do that and survive my friend, I salute you, I will stick to less "colorfull" tactics myself vs the 61, like running and getting TheBug to clear me :)

Btw 880's mission Thursday flying Ij was a big success, we downed a raft of F4U-1s in our Ki-61's (we have done it before too), it was fun. I dont think we took a loss either. So much for our poor outclassed ride of the night.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 10:10:19 PM by Squire »
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2004, 10:11:04 PM »
the tony has alot worse stall than the f4u at low speed.

i wouldn't care pac is boring, it is worthless cause the allies always have the ubber planes and always have the numbers.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2004, 10:22:53 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
I do it all the time, its my SOP against the Ki61, I also dont fly over 10k. Under 200 mph the F4U handily out turns the Ki61, ask Karnak.

Yup.  You did a good job.  I was on WEP, flaps out, using rudder and light on fuel and I could not pull away.  What it felt like is that the Ki-61's engine just isn't powerful enough for the weight of the aircraft.  In something like a Spitfire Mk IX or N1K2 you can feel the big engine pulling you tighter than the airframe wants to go.  The Ki-61 felt remarkably like the Mossie, an aircraft I know well in AH.  It was wallowing and I had to fight it to avoid stalling out.

The Ki-61 seems a bit worse in AH2 than it was in AH1.  The guns haven't changed, but it seems less manuverable.

Squire,

The Ki-44-II-Otsu has a usable armament, is a bit faster than the Ki-61 and climbs/accelerates way, WAY better than the Ki-61.  It would be a very valuable tool and I would use it in preference of the Ki-61 any time.  You are correct about the Ki-43-II-Ko, it would be a weaker A6M.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 10:26:39 PM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2004, 11:04:08 PM »
I didnt mean that in the rubbing it in sense either Karnak, that encounter stands out in my mind because it took a lot longer than usual.

The Ki61, to me, seems to have the edge on the F4U between 200 and 250 mph, above or below that the Hog wins. The key is getting the Ki to get through the range where it has the advantage quickly without getting kilt. Once under 200 the F4U-1 again  gains the upper hand because as Karnak pointed out, the Ki starts to feel mushy and underpowered.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2004, 11:21:09 PM »
No problem Grits.  I didn't take it as a rubbing in, just an example.

I'm glad I took longer to kill though.;)
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-