Author Topic: Mid-air collision bug?  (Read 5476 times)

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
Mid-air collision bug?
« on: August 14, 2004, 04:30:50 PM »
Has it been over-tweaked?

Snapshots from 1 film loop of a squaddie in a P-51.  The La-7 is clearly above and to the P-51's left.

Thanks for looking at it.

Tango, XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline Makarov9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org/
Mid-air collision bug?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 05:04:25 PM »
Just played for 2 hours and all of my deaths were due to collisions. I'm use to the original collision model. This one made me have to log. Please patch ASAP. Thanks.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Mid-air collision bug?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 05:23:39 PM »
They'll figure it out and fix it. The hit collision formula or "bubble" in AH1 was the best I've ever seen.

It will be fixed.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Mid-air collision bug?
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 06:18:33 PM »
I love proof!:aok

Offline Hyrax81st

• Copper Member
Mid-air collision bug?
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 08:55:57 PM »
Hey,

That's a nice collection of parts hangin' there in mid-air.

Great example of the near pass collision.

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Mid-air collision bug?
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 09:01:34 PM »
Really strong wake turbulence????:eek:

RHIN0
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Mid-air collision bug?
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2004, 10:48:57 PM »
Yep...A squad mate tonight was having to same problem.
Remove the Mid airs all together. They are not necessary :)
Id rather have them completly removed than to deal with the ever lasting question as to wether there was a collision or not. Then listen to the lame Lag excuse. Just remove them and the question is gone forever.

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
Mid-air collision bug?
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2004, 11:40:28 PM »
Another "collision" tonight for me caught on tape.  Here are the pics.

From the snapshots in this one looks like about a 15-20 ft separation that still registered as a collision.

Tango, XO
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline MRPLUTO

• Nickel Member
Mid-air collision bug?
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2004, 11:44:07 PM »
Without collisions the no-talent pilots will just fly through enemy planes with guns blazing.  At least with collisions they can only do that once per flight.

MRPLUTO

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Mid-air collision bug?
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2004, 01:38:57 AM »
Yes, but we would prefer that the planes actually collide in the collision :).

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
Mid-air collision bug?
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2004, 02:57:22 AM »
Yes, but we would prefer that the planes actually collide in the collision .

:lol

Really? ;)

Tango, XO

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Re: Mid-air collision bug?
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2004, 03:13:42 AM »
Originally posted by dtango
Has it been over-tweaked?

Snapshots from 1 film loop of a squaddie in a P-51.  The La-7 is clearly above and to the P-51's left.

Thanks for looking at it.

Tango, XO

I feel  your pain  on collisions Tango , I am struggling to fly a sortie without colliding. I never realised how close I came to other planes.

I've filmed most of them and they all  close , but clear misses. It's hard to adjust  when it's kind of an automatic reflex  thing  - like a guns pass that you have been doing for ages, with a certain timing - and now you collide.

I'm sure they'll work it out , hopefully :)
I come from a land downunder

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Mid-air collision bug?
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2004, 03:19:16 AM »
I had another incident tonight exactly like the first one indicated in this post.  Dredlock and myself got into a rolling scissors and the system said we collided.  I reviewed the film and again there was plenty of clearance and absolutely no visual indication in the film that we collided.  Dredlock said exactly the same thing about his FE. He never indicated we collided either.

This game is about hit and miss.  If you miss well then someone lives if you hit then someone dies.  Not if you miss you die and if you hit you die.  If my bullet misses by a fraction of an inch it doesn't mean I get the hit anyway.  I missed and tough luck.  So why does it have to be the opposite when it comes to collisions?  When I get a chance I'll extract the frames and post them here.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Mid-air collision bug?
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2004, 04:30:30 AM »
Originally posted by dtango
Another "collision" tonight for me caught on tape.  Here are the pics.

From the snapshots in this one looks like about a 15-20 ft separation that still registered as a collision.

Tango, XO

this one is a joke especially because :

A) you missed by 15ft

B) the Hog is undamaged yet your plane disintegrates

i thought i was colliding too much today and supposed that my judgement was waining. glad to see i still got it and its the model that sucks .

nice evidence for HTC to look at

batfink
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Mid-air collision bug?
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2004, 09:46:20 AM »
Out of about 10 hops last night, I died from colliding with planes I shot down at least 5 times. Even more absurd is the fact that you blow a plane into little pieces, and HE gets credit for killing YOU.

You know, over the past two weeks I've struggled more than enough with problems that were apparently related to my previous install of AH II. I finally deleted AH II for the third time and redownloaded a fresh version and installed it yesterday, and the game seemed fine to me. Until every other kill I got killed me as well and gave credit to my opponent.

If this (the new collision model) is an improvement, I'll pass on any further improvements. I always thought it was incredibly stupid for the server to award a kill to a dead plane as opposed to the guy that killed it, but now to have every other kill result in a collision that kills you and gives credit to the plane you just shot down takes the cake.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe