Author Topic: Fleets  (Read 418 times)

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Fleets
« on: August 15, 2004, 02:38:14 PM »
Eather take out the frickin Fleets or put on the manable guns this is BS.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Fleets
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 06:27:48 PM »
PUT THE DAM GUNS UP SO WE CAN PROTECT THE FLEETS FROM DUMB ARSES THAT PUT THEIR FLEET RIGHT BEHIND OURS AND UP TBMs AND DROP TORPS AND WHEN WE TRY TO UP AND KILL HIM WE DIE FROM ACK!!!!!!

~~~and we wonder y no1 plays CT cuz of the BS setups if this watermelon keeps up theres ganna be 1 less person playin~~

(EDIT) and the MOTD says A6M2 available at all IJ fields and fleets but its only at the back bases last time i checked that wasnt all our fields.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 06:39:59 PM by TrueKill »

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
Re: Fleets
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 06:42:25 PM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
Eather take out the frickin Fleets or put on the manable guns this is BS.

Whats BS about them is there are 4 fleets in one sector
4 fleets + 1 base=  frame rates of 1-3 for me. I cant play in the CT because of it. I logged in and took command and moved 3 out to sea and set one N of 40 in a loop for fast fights, then logged to give them time to clear my FRs. Come back in an hour, some dweeber has moved the ALL back to 40

Cant play without babysitting the fleets to keep dweebs from
doing this.

Disable the fleets except 1 and make it near impossible to kill
Gameplay is kaput for folks without top o the line systems.

BTW I usally ger fr in the 30s....

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Fleets
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 07:12:39 PM »
Fleets without manned guns are working well IMO. You cant beach them TK like was just done at A40, and if you have enema fleets or bases nearby you must defend them in the air, which seems pretty realistic to me.

We lost 2 of the 4 fleets because they were all beached at A40 and the 4 of us flying Axis could not defend them all at the same time. At the fleet I was defending however, I was able to kill multiple low suicide USN pilots. I didnt save the CV though, because their CV was almost close enough to shoot MG ack at us on our CV. Thats just too close and we deserved to lose that CV.

I like no manned CV guns.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Fleets
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 07:37:48 PM »
I like the unmaned CV ack. I have had more fun sinking enemy CVs with the TBM. Funny, why cant Kates sink allied CVs with torps? Actually, I have had many torps go right through ships. I think some are unsinkable.

BTW it is very hard for one person to sink the CV unless you are using CVs. It looks like the rebuild time is faster or at least seams faster with 10k damage settings.

I like it, dont change a thing. But you can look into the ones that cant be sunk!!??
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 07:40:28 PM by CurtissP-6EHawk »

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
Fleets
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 08:53:55 PM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
I

I like it, dont change a thing. But you can look into the ones that cant be sunk!!??

Wellits unplayable for me with all those fleets compacted in that little space, Ill be back when the map changes to see if I can play on the next setup

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
Fleets
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 12:16:55 AM »
Keep manned acks off please :aok
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Fleets
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004, 10:07:55 AM »
The mystery of the unsinkable cv, is still a mystery to me.  Last week I checked and rechecked settings and couldn't find anything to explain it.  I dunno if there's somthing I may have missed or if it's a map bug, or what's going on.  Goes along with some fleets switching countries when sunk... only thing I can think of there is the port relation of some of the fleets is out of whack which makes setting things up a litlte tricky with lots of trial and error.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.