Author Topic: Fireing Through Hills and Invisible GV's  (Read 452 times)

Offline JB35

• Nickel Member
Fireing Through Hills and Invisible GV's
« on: August 13, 2004, 04:46:56 AM »
Few Squad Mates and I went to DA and went to the City in GV's , as anyone knows you can see the GV as it climbs a hill from the other side
 but also if you didnt know that GV's could shoot thru hills , not too low but right across the top and get a direct hit , Squad mate was shooting at me , and i shot thru the hill and scored a direct hit , HT not sure if you were aware of this , I searched the other areas of the BBS and havnt found anything posted on it , sry if it has been addressed that this is a repost.
 Also Squaddie has seen me as an Invisible Tank , only thing he could see was tracers when I fired , So I directed his fire towards me , and when he hit he could see the hit sprites and the rounds bouncing off , and when he knocked out my turret he could see the smoke , but still no GV till I died and respawned.
Again not sure if you are aware of this , Squaddie has short film of it and will send it to me for review , if it is as he says then ill E-mail it to you along with his and my System info .  <>

Offline Balsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 02:33:58 PM »
JB35,

I have shot tanks in defilade behind hills, remember that the round is arching so if the shot is from any distance at all they can effectively "lob" shells and get hits.

Im not saying your guy wasnt 100 feet away blasting through hill, just an observation on longer distance shooting.

Also make sure your squaddie has Shift F4  ground vis range on when gviing, or if the tanks far enough away, it wont show up, just like if you were flying overhead.

Balsy

Offline JB35

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 04:39:27 PM »
he was on top of hill and I was on the bottom , I could see his tracks through the terrain , and his rounds through the hill , I then fired through the hill from D400 to get direct hits on the bottom of his tank

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 05:54:39 PM »
Someone explained to me that GV's are an afterthought, maybe that has something to do with it. Not sure tho. Maybe some research on the matter.

Offline Fauxbra

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004, 06:38:53 PM »
I have film of Getsome in an invisible tank , shooting me. He was advancing on me and visible , then he disappeared and began firing on me.....kinda frustrating

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 10:18:40 AM »
What type of rounds were you using when firing threw hills?

HiTech

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 10:44:25 AM »
AP's. You can see a little "line" of their tracks--even when they move-- and kill 'em thru the hills.

h

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2004, 12:07:37 PM »
Horn: Looking at some stuff, there are 2 types of hils in AH, one is just the small clutter hill. The other is a cell ridge line.

Do you know what type was beeing shot threw?

HiTEch

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2004, 12:12:26 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Horn: Looking at some stuff, there are 2 types of hils in AH, one is just the small clutter hill. The other is a cell ridge line.

Do you know what type was beeing shot threw?

HiTEch

I'm not sure what you mean by "cell ridge"-- I would call it the clutter hill I guess--they are the small hills on the valley floors between the tree clumps.

h

and it seems to happen mostly when I'm slightly above target but their turret/pintle gun still not visible. Can track them by the outline of their tracks moving behind the hill.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 12:16:41 PM by Horn »

Offline JB35

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2004, 04:50:22 PM »
HT we were utilizing HE and AP rounds both with the Panzer , M8 and Tiger , we were on the Dualing arena and had spawned to the city , and noticed that the city is sitting up on a ridge , I proceded to drive to the ridge but stopped hearing that their was another GV Near me rolling , I then jumped into #3 position and could see the Enemy tanks tracks moving towards me thrugh the ridge line  , and just turned my turret to the oncoming GV , then it stopped , i could clearly make out the outline of the GV's tracks close to me ontop of the ridge so I then fired through the side of the ridge line D3 to 400 ans scored direct hits , As for the Invisible GV I spawned up after being killed and my squaddie whome I could clearly see was D1.6 I was in a Panzer and he was In a Tiger utilizing AP rounds.

Ill see if he has the film on it and get it to you promptly after reviewing it myself to see if I was infact invisible to him and showed up or not through the recorder

<>
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 04:58:14 PM by JB35 »

Offline JB35

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2004, 10:24:34 AM »

if you can make this out if it isnt too dark , where the smoke is coming up in the distance ,thats me sitting up on the flat part of the grond facing my squaddie , I did not auger until he shot me again and I was destroyed .

<>