Author Topic: AvP  (Read 669 times)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
AvP
« on: August 17, 2004, 02:04:30 AM »
Man, somebody in Hollywood has a cruel sense of humor.  It looked like it was going to be bad from the previews, I went to see it expecting it was going to be bad, but I was amazed at the lengths they went to, to exceed my expectations of suckiness.  Plenty of crappy dialogue, lots of boring & unneccesary human interraction, a couple of cool moments with the AvP, a few more lame ones, and spud was there but he didn't crap the sheets.  Save your money, or if you want to see a movie with more action and suspense, try this.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 02:14:52 AM by SOB »
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
AvP
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 02:18:24 AM »
LMAO I was walking in the mall today. When I saw a guy In electronice boutique. Sniffing so I get closer and start listing the his convo with the store guy. Hes like sniff sniff.. I waited 10 years for AvP. And it was horrible sniff..sniff. I started laughing so hard. All the way out the store. Guy was heart-broken off a movie LMAO.:rofl :rofl :D :lol :rofl

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
AvP
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 02:52:10 AM »
C'mon, it's Alien vs Predator. What did you expect? It can only aspire to be in the Godzilla vs Rodan and Frankenstein vs Dracula catagory at best.

Shark vs Crocodile, THAT'S something worth looking at!
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
AvP
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 08:28:33 AM »
i dont care what you hosers think.

i Loved it! i believe if done right they can have a bunch of sequels, and make a decent franchise out of it.

the "too much time interacting wiht people" or whatever... thye had to develop somewhat of a story.. or were you going to translate all the hyroglyphs yourself?

oh well dont matter i loved it.

Alien kick's arse, and will win next movie.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline spitfiremkv

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
AvP
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 11:05:30 AM »
not only do producers lack any new ideas, they also manage to make ****ty movies based on succesful ones.
just blatant ploy to get people who liked the original movies/stories into the theaters, even if they will leave utterly dissapointed.
this situation can't last too long.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
AvP
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 12:40:43 PM »
Originally posted by JB73
i dont care what you hosers think.

i Loved it! i believe if done right they can have a bunch of sequels, and make a decent franchise out of it.

the "too much time interacting wiht people" or whatever... thye had to develop somewhat of a story.. or were you going to translate all the hyroglyphs yourself?

oh well dont matter i loved it.

Alien kick's arse, and will win next movie.

AFAIC, they won in this current flick.  Setting off a nuke in the hive because youre getting your bellybutton kicked is a cheapshot.  :aok

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
AvP
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 01:00:19 PM »
I was stuned that AvP made $38Mil, considering that Catwoman did $23mil at his release. I didn't know that so many were into the Alien/Predator thingy. Did that many played the videogame online too?

Go Predator:D
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
AvP
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004, 01:06:21 PM »
Originally posted by SFRT - Frenchy
considering that Catwoman did $23mil at his release.

Go Predator:D
 Umm thats a women.

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
AvP
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2004, 01:16:00 PM »
Hey,
According to some here, if a film does 38 mil it's opening weekend it must be great!

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
AvP
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2004, 01:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by JB73

Why would I even care to translate the hieroglyphs?  The previews made it clear that it was gonna be a B movie but with cool effects.  As such, the only good part of the movie was going to be the Predators fighting the Aliens.  All else was pointless, and unecessary.  Had I sat down, and it was simply a 90-minute back and forth bellybutton kicking from start to finish, I would have been satisfied.

Had they actually wanted to make this into a movie with a plot and dialogue to go with the action, they should have come up with a decent storyline and gotten a good writer to put it on paper.  As it was, it was 80% chitty dialogue and uninteresting characters with 20% alien/predator interaction.  I mean, damn, Alien 4 was better than this terd.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
AvP
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2004, 03:38:55 PM »
Originally posted by SOB
I mean, damn, Alien 4 was better than this terd.

Lets not go getting ahead of ourselves.

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
AvP
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2004, 04:39:46 PM »
I have not seen it yet,  but i was hoping they would some how folow the story of the games.  They at least had a cool plot

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
AvP
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2004, 05:41:26 PM »
Originally posted by Saurdaukar
Lets not go getting ahead of ourselves.

Hehe, OK, maybe I went a bit far with that statement. :D

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
AvP
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2004, 05:49:02 PM »
Blame it on the PG-13 Rating. :aok I thought it was a nice popcorn flick.