Author Topic: Green bay packers stink  (Read 528 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Green bay packers stink
« on: August 17, 2004, 07:59:45 AM »
...that is all.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Green bay packers stink
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 08:22:23 AM »
Go Chargers!!!
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Green bay packers stink
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 08:23:38 AM »

Tim Couch stinks. that is all.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Green bay packers stink
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 08:38:15 AM »
Originally posted by JB73

Tim Couch stinks. that is all.

hehe!  Its only pre-season...but hey, Wallace (only back up for Seattle due to the other two QB's hurting) looked damn good! Scrambling QB with a decent arm.

That game was damn boring from about the middle of the 2nd quarter to the end..Punt Punt Punt Punt Punt Punt, Seahawk TD, Punt Punt Punt Punt....

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Green bay packers stink
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 09:13:48 AM »
yeah.. i was home sick, and barely made it to the game, let alone through it LOL.

GB defense looks decent for the first pre season game i guess. Brett was in then out so quick...

i'm still laughing at last year's playoff "we're going to win" comment they keep playing. how may times was that brought up last night? that may possibly be hasselback's career defining moment LOL. kinda feel bad for the guy.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Green bay packers stink
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 09:25:16 AM »
Originally posted by JB73
i'm still laughing at last year's playoff "we're going to win" comment they keep playing. how may times was that brought up last night? that may possibly be hasselback's career defining moment LOL. kinda feel bad for the guy.

I told my wife that he just jinxed the team by saying that!  We gave you a run for your money though!

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Green bay packers stink
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 10:12:03 AM »
I bet the Pack still sells out all of its games though.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Green bay packers stink
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004, 10:15:54 AM »
couldnt get the game..what a drag. Bad football is better then the olympics.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Green bay packers stink
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2004, 10:17:34 AM »
Originally posted by gofaster

Yes, good traditional football fans...even in losing seasons they seem to do well.

You can't give away Seahawk tickets around here...they need to make the playoffs a couple years in a row to sell out a game..

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Green bay packers stink
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2004, 10:26:00 AM »
I don't think the IGGLE's will break 500. My pick for the season.

NUTTZ

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Green bay packers stink
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2004, 10:30:23 AM »
Originally posted by gofaster
all seats are season tickets except about 3000 that in the renovation were made for Brown county residents ONLY. on sale the week of the game first come first served.

the waiting list for season tickets is over 65,000 and an average of something like 20-30 become available per year. i believe last i heard my buddy who is in the 62,000's was told to expect them in 2095 or somthing.

they are "thinking" of making it so you can not pass down your tickest if you die, and that would free 1000's of tickets. sooooo many are "families" who have had the tickest for at least 2 generatons.

forgot to mention... all tickets gotten through "ticket agencies" are someone who sold their tickets. if you by them, go to the game, run on the field, and get ejected, who loses?

the season ticket holder loses his tickets. no questions asked. you are individually responsible for who is sitting in your seats. you (the season ticket holder) bought the seat liscense, and are held liable.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 10:33:31 AM by JB73 »

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Green bay packers stink
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2004, 11:46:26 PM »
I figured this the GB - Seatle game would go about the way it did.  

I just know a win, even a pre-season win, over the pack would be good for the seahawks given the ending of last season.   I figured  Holgrem would play however hard he needed to to get the win.   Turns out he didnt have to work too hard   ;)

Wallace has a Job,  if not in Seatle, Someone will grab him after his preformance last night.    He was sharp.

Greenbay hasnt won a preseason opener in 4 or 5 years now, yet they have been in the playoffs, So I dont put much stock in it.

They plugged alot of players into many positions to see how they responded.   It look to me to be more of a player audition than a test to see how gelled the team was.   In fact my neighbor noted that they played (Jenkins?) on Both the DL and the OL at times.

Couch really looked bad.  He has a long way to go.   It wasnt that he was a bit unsure with limited time with the team.  He just wasnt throwing well.   I am starting to have doubts on this guy.

Saw some great hustle out of some players,  Lee, Peterson, Ford, Josue.   I expect they will make the team if they keep working hard.

Seatle looked pretty solid,  Matt seems to really be coming into his own.   The defense looked good as well.   Id pick them to go to the playoffs,  but they have to get past SF, and the Rams.   I hope they do it thou.

I think GB will be considering grabbing that seahawks backup punter if our 3rd rounder doesnt improve drasticly.

Offline jay1988

• Nickel Member
Green bay packers stink
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2004, 01:22:26 AM »
GO PACKERS!!!