Author Topic: Zoom view question  (Read 464 times)

Offline jmr

• Zinc Member
Zoom view question
« on: August 17, 2004, 08:28:20 PM »
Is it possible to have the zoom (z) function set to on as the default for every station I jump to?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 11:42:44 PM by jmr »

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Zoom view question
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 11:02:17 PM »
no that is not possible sorry.

if you didnt allready know ... when in zoom you can use the [ and ] keys to zoom in further and back out.

most have "Z" mapped to their joystick, because they use it so frequently.

i must zoom in and out 20 times in a decent dogfight.

also you can use the arroy keys and the page up / page down kesy to move your head around. hit F10 to "save" that head position (saves are for each view, and specific to each plane also). if you dont like where you saved it, hit "home" then F10 again to save the default head position
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline jmr

• Zinc Member
Zoom view question
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 11:12:15 PM »
Ahh I see.   Yeah for a fighter pressing Z once and you're set but when flying a bomber and jumping around from different positions it's kind of a pain to hit Z again especially in the heat of combat but it's not much of a big deal really.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Zoom view question
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 09:41:29 AM »
Zooming in too much can negatively effect your gunnery.

It also greatly reduces your view of your surroundings. In effect you are detracting from any S/A you have if you stay in zoom view.

Many times when in a dog fight that hasn't really gotten underway yet, I'll zoom in to determine a planes direction, how he is banking ect, in order to determine my actions. But once the fight gets close, zooming in can really screw things up.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Zoom view question
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 11:04:36 AM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
Zooming in too much can negatively effect your gunnery.

It also greatly reduces your view of your surroundings. In effect you are detracting from any S/A you have if you stay in zoom view.

Many times when in a dog fight that hasn't really gotten underway yet, I'll zoom in to determine a planes direction, how he is banking ect, in order to determine my actions. But once the fight gets close, zooming in can really screw things up.

Ditto what Morpheus says.

Drano
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Zoom view question
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 11:19:39 AM »
I have the zoom programmed as the upper index finger trigger on my X-45. I usually only zoom in to hit non-maneuvering targets (cherry picks, runners and buffs). In an actual fight, I sometimes zoom in if I'm pretty sure I know which way the nme is going to break, but mostly it just cuts down on your overall SA way too much.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.