Author Topic: Cobra: Exhaust  (Read 652 times)

Offline United

• Gold Member
      • http://squadronspotlight.netfirms.com
Cobra: Exhaust
« on: August 17, 2004, 09:45:46 PM »
Cobra, i saw your reply on the P51 nose thread and saw that you had an excellent exchaust smudge on your 51.  I was wandering, how did you do that?  I experimented in Photoshop and cant duplicate it.

Heres the picture if you don't know what Im talking about.

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 10:46:30 PM »
Hey there United.  that stain is actually two seperate pieces overlayed.  Basically what I did in short was for the exhaust area I just spray with soft edges from beginning of the stacks to the end.  I then grabbed the smudge tool and just did nice hard smudge in the center going from the front to a 1/3 of the way back. I then grabbed the aft portion and smudged it a bit aft. Then brought the tops and bottom aft portion and smudge it accordingly.

After that I did a stain function with Eyecandy 4000 with a brownish tint.  After that I just adjusted the opacity to my liking.  I got rather lucky to be honest as it was my first try at them.  The same pretty much goes with the lower stained area.  Sprayed the general shape and then smudged it, stained it, and adjusted the opacity.  I've got that weathering seperate so I can just adjust it for every Pony skin I make.  I'll adjust minor things to get it to look right on that particular paint scheme.

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 11:58:44 PM »
Oh one more thing.  Fiddle with your blur and guassian blur too.  I believe I used a guassian blur for this too.I can't remember cause I stopped skinning after I found this particular skin was incapable of being done correctly with the current skin layout.

Offline United

• Gold Member
      • http://squadronspotlight.netfirms.com
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 04:20:22 PM »
Awesome, thanks for all of the information.  I've tried what you said, and after several experiments I got just about what I wanted.

I do have another question though, is Eyecandy 4000 a program of some sort?

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 08:47:17 PM »
Here's a link to the Eyecandy site where you can buy it.  I'm using both Xenofex and Eyecandy 4000.  It's basically a plug in so you can get certain special effects.

Eyecandy