Author Topic: Why the Rash of Posts  (Read 370 times)

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Why the Rash of Posts
« on: August 18, 2004, 12:33:53 PM »
I am wondering why everyone is freaking out about the side balancing fix?

If it works correctly the sides will eventually stay balanced and everyone's special plane :rolleyes: will be available.

Have a little patience, it's not like HT just dropped this in our laps.  He was cool enough to ask us our thoughts before he put it in place, so why don't we as a community relax and give it some time to see if it works.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Re: Why the Rash of Posts
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 12:42:17 PM »
Originally posted by mars01

If it works correctly the sides will eventually stay balanced and everyone's special plane :rolleyes: will be available.

Have a little patience, it's not like HT just dropped this in our laps.  He was cool enough to ask us our thoughts before he put it in place, so why don't we as a community relax and give it some time to see if it works.

Yea, not many developers have I seen 'ask' before they impliment a change.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
everyone is not "freaking out"
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 03:16:22 PM »

First we have the "IF" it works. Even some of those who supposedly benefit (maybe more than some) from it aren't happy with it. And it may not work. And if it doesn't, what then? Do we sit around and wait for HTC to do something else for us, or do we take the initiative and try to find a solution or at least help them find one?

There may be a lot of whining going on, but if you take a closer look, there are all sorts of things being discussed by people who have a desire to improve things for everyone.

I have decided to give it time, but we really don't have much choice though, now do we?

While it was not dropped on us without warning, we were faced with having some sort of change forced upon us. Hitech said he would absolutely do something, period. And this BBS is but a very small part of AH as a whole. So many who do not frequent the BBS DID have it dropped on them. Some are here now, others are making their thoughts and opinions known through friends who are regulars.

But why should we simply accept it as it is rather than try to come up with ways to improve it?
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline dragoon

• Copper Member
Re: everyone is not "freaking out"
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 04:21:30 PM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
First we have the "IF" it works. Even some of those who supposedly benefit (maybe more than some) from it aren't happy with it. And it may not work. And if it doesn't, what then? Do we sit around and wait for HTC to do something else for us, or do we take the initiative and try to find a solution or at least help them find one?

There may be a lot of whining going on, but if you take a closer look, there are all sorts of things being discussed by people who have a desire to improve things for everyone.

I have decided to give it time, but we really don't have much choice though, now do we?

While it was not dropped on us without warning, we were faced with having some sort of change forced upon us. Hitech said he would absolutely do something, period. And this BBS is but a very small part of AH as a whole. So many who do not frequent the BBS DID have it dropped on them. Some are here now, others are making their thoughts and opinions known through friends who are regulars.

But why should we simply accept it as it is rather than try to come up with ways to improve it?

bravo! exactly what i was thinking. :aok

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Why the Rash of Posts
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 04:46:00 PM »
I'm not really addressing the posts suggesting alternate methods, even tho they are a lot of wasted breath if HT's original solution does work.

I'm really talking about all the panty bunching going on about planes being limited.  IMO people are threatening that they will quit and others are worried about an unhappy player base etc., man talk about premature.  

If it doesn't work HT will change it, he said so when he solicited out opinions.

If it does work then the plane blackout periods will not be felt that often.  Thats all I'm saying.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Why the Rash of Posts
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 04:50:34 PM »
I'm not really addressing the posts suggesting alternate methods, even tho they are a lot of wasted breath if HT's original solution does work.

I'm really talking about all the panty bunching going on about planes being limited.  IMO people are threatening that they will quit and others are worried about an unhappy player base etc., man talk about premature.  

If it doesn't work HT will change it, he said so when he solicited out opinions.

If it does work then the plane blackout periods will not be felt that often.  Thats all I'm saying.

Well, there will always be whines and tantrums with almost EVERY change.

I don't think talk of an unhappy player base is premature. If people are unhappy, they are unhappy.

Hitech said it would remain in place for a period of time long enough to be evaluated and adjusted, and inferred that to be MONTHS.

If it does not work, then what? If it has served to alienate players without balancing numbers, then a bad problem got worse.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Why the Rash of Posts
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 05:12:16 PM »
Well, there will always be whines and tantrums with almost EVERY change.

I don't think talk of an unhappy player base is premature. If people are unhappy, they are unhappy.

Hitech said it would remain in place for a period of time long enough to be evaluated and adjusted, and inferred that to be MONTHS.

If it does not work, then what? If it has served to alienate players without balancing numbers, then a bad problem got worse.
I disagree, whines and tantrums shouldn't be the norm, people should have patience and understand this is a continual work in progress.  I understand there are a lot of people out there that cry first and ask questions later.  Like I said if this works the unhappy player base will not be unhappy because this most of the time things will balance out.

So it's a few months, I would love to see how many times and for how long people couldn't fly their special plane over a weeks time frame.

So for fear of alienating the impatient and the babies nothing should be tried or tested, that's silly.  Nothing ventured nothing gained.

People need to relax and let things happen for the good of the game and those that "desire to improve things for everyone".

I could understand the discontent if HT solution does not work and nothing is done, but good God man it has not even been a week.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Why the Rash of Posts
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2004, 05:24:26 PM »
I disagree, whines and tantrums shouldn't be the norm, people should have patience and understand this is a continual work in progress.  I understand there are a lot of people out there that cry first and ask questions later.  Like I said if this works the unhappy player base will not be unhappy because this most of the time things will balance out.

So it's a few months, I would love to see how many times and for how long people couldn't fly their special plane over a weeks time frame.

So for fear of alienating the impatient and the babies nothing should be tried or tested, that's silly.  Nothing ventured nothing gained.

People need to relax and let things happen for the good of the game and those that "desire to improve things for everyone".

I could understand the discontent if HT solution does not work and nothing is done, but good God man it has not even been a week.

Mars...

Didn't you read the sign on the way in...

"Posts need not be logical"

Unfortunately, it would seem that most of the threads start with "this sux, if it keeps up I am gonna quit!!". Heck, people were complaining within the first few hours. Go figure :).
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."