Author Topic: HiTech,TE Questun  (Read 351 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
HiTech,TE Questun
« on: August 20, 2004, 06:09:04 PM »
I know we can't ask when, and I am ansy to be able to reskin the tiles. Realizing the tiles are now 3d, do you anticipate oneday we will be able to reskin the tiles. If I have 3d studio max could I use that to reskin? Leading to a question... would someone with 3d studio max have an advantage to reskin tiles sooner? Or is there some kind of licensing thing?

I've reskinned all the objects from AH1 and really would like to progress onto AHII.

Could you please update us on what we can look forward to in the next release of the TE. Or whats being worked on at the moment ( excluding WHEN it will be implimented)

Thanks,

NUTTZ

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
HiTech,TE Questun
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 06:19:05 PM »
Just bugs and small fixs in next TE. No idea on when you will be able to edit tiles.

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
HiTech,TE Questun
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 06:53:37 PM »
Thanks for the answer. Another question if you would... Is there anyway we could submit tiles with a map so YOU could replace the default tiles when you do whatever it is you need to do to get the map working? Just give us the pixel size, and any other information needed.

???

NUTTZ

Originally posted by hitech
Just bugs and small fixs in next TE. No idea on when you will be able to edit tiles.

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
HiTech,TE Questun
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 09:38:47 PM »
You can use custom tiles now but the number system is different.
every tile is made up of a combination of 4 512 x 512 textures execpt water has only 1. transitions are now automatic. The numbers are terr0001, terr0101, terr0201, terr0301 for grass...ect
snow is now terr0006 instead of terr0016. To get them to show up in the game you have to delete all the terrxxxx.TCA files from the cache\stdshape folder before starting the game. It would be nice to have a button in settings to do this. Here's a sample screenshot.