Author Topic: Killing troops on grd  (Read 311 times)

Offline Sledriver

• Zinc Member
Killing troops on grd
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2000, 01:21:00 PM »
Pongo, if a vulture gets killed, he goes back to his base and waits the 1 minute or he goes to another base and launches.
But I also think all pilots should be stopped from launching for 1 minute. Kind of a penalty for getting killed.  
Shockforce uses a 30 second time out when you die.

------------------
Sledriver
(The MAD BOMBER)

Offline dolomite

• Zinc Member
Killing troops on grd
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2000, 01:27:00 PM »
Sled-

How many new guys are gonna sit out that time in peace? Bad economic sense there. I'm not saying that it wouldn't solve the problem at hand, but it may be a case of the cure being worse than the disease...

Offline Sledriver

• Zinc Member
Killing troops on grd
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2000, 01:35:00 PM »
Dolomite, the 1 minute (or 30 sec) is an option, you can re-launch immediatley from another base or sit and wait, but you can't leave from the base you just left from last time.

EG... I have launched from F1 to fly a cap mission over F1. I have been shot down and killed.
I may,
1) wait 30 secs and re-launch from F1 or,
2) I may launch from another base right now.

If you land safely at any base, the penalty doesn't count. If you ditch, maybe a 15 second penalty.

------------------
Sledriver
(The MAD BOMBER)

Offline dolomite

• Zinc Member
Killing troops on grd
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2000, 01:42:00 PM »
I see what you're saying... still, what about the current rage in the arena, that of the 2 vs. 1? Invariably one field gets down to two bases, both under heavy attack. The defending country will now have virtually no chance to defend because the dead pilots run out of options.

I know this is an extreme case in mind, but it is the way the sim seems to be right now.

Offline Sledriver

• Zinc Member
Killing troops on grd
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2000, 01:51:00 PM »
If your down to 2 bases, then you just keep switching from 1 base to the other. When you get down to 1 base, then you have a problem, and should probably do a reset anyway.
I think it's worth a try at least.

------------------
Sledriver
(The MAD BOMBER)