Author Topic: Michael Moore  (Read 542 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Michael Moore
« on: August 19, 2004, 07:53:47 AM »
Saw Bowling for Columbine last night. Not a bad movie. I'm wondering why the anti-gun control guys are so ticked about it though. Seemed like much more of a slam at our violent society than at our ability to own guns.

I was uncomfortable at his handling of the Heston interview. Felt sorry for Chuck.

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 07:56:29 AM »
Edit for profainity
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 09:51:07 AM by hitech »

Offline MikeMoore

• Zinc Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 08:07:18 AM »
Thank you all...Special to Coolridr for enabling the profanity filter.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 08:12:59 AM »
I liked the way he portrayed race in the movie...  whites have guns because they fear blacks and because they still need to murder the poor downtroden and gentle negro...  He leaves out the fact that blacks kill whites at more than twioce the rate of whites killing blacks.

He shows strolls through south central LA where he claims whites have nothing to fear as evidenced by him and 14 crew members with cameras walkking down sc in broad daylight looking to film.... he also shows that Detroit has violence with it's huge black population whnile across the border in canada when 3 or four blacks go there for a carnival or vacation they causen no problem at all.

When comparing canada and the U.S. he doesn't do seatle and vancouver however.

Every stat he gives is wrong.   the dates for Hestons and the NRA's talks are wrong... worse.... He "reads" a plaque on a B52... what he pretends to read is in no way what the plaque says..

He harrasses Kmart to stop selling ammo instead of harrassing hollywood parties and shoving a microphone and cameras in the face of his buddies and telling em to stop doing drugs and how that would save lives if there were no drug trade.

seeing a pattern in his movies?   he is a satire writer... he should do saturday night live skits not documentaries.

lazs

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Michael Moore
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 08:22:38 AM »
Originally posted by MikeMoore
Thank you all...Special to Coolridr for enabling the profanity filter.

:D
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 08:58:43 AM »
the guys a sham and getting very rich at packing crap in reverse fashion ...

amazed at how many must love the sensation and give this twit their money to experience it - LOL
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 09:42:01 AM »
He never reads the plaque. He talks about the plaque, and yes his take on it is highly propagandized.

I thought his point about welfare to work was interesting, but attacking Dick Clark was silly.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 10:27:23 AM »
Columbine was a pretty stupid movie.
Id like Toad to get to interview moore about columbine.

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 10:36:55 AM »
Originally posted by Coolridr
Edit for profainity

Sorry still getting used to the new rules.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 10:39:30 AM »
Moi?

I saw BFC. It certainly wasn't a documentary. It certainly contained some dishonest representations.

It did, however, raise a few good questions that unfortunately went unanswered.

I really don't think I'd want to interview Moore. Like most folks, he can raise some good issues and make some good points. I'd probably enjoy that part of it, the verbal give and take.

However, his view of the USA and mine are so, so far apart that I really don't think I even want to talk to him. His style and attitude are just too negative for me. I'm not sure he wants things to improve as much as he just wants to beech. I think he LIKES beeching.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2004, 10:45:00 AM »
I saw it too. It was OK for all the reasons Toad says. I didn't get in a flap about it though. And the irony is that I would never have seen it, but for all the hysteria on this board.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2004, 10:46:21 AM »
While at Montezuma's place I caught the part where he used a cartoon to show how the NRA is the KKK.

Cartoons haven't been as compelling to me since the days of Schoolhouse rock.

When I left the Navy and started College I felt compelled to read Micheal Moore for Humor, and Noam Chomsky for intelect. They both made me want to hork, not for what they said so much as how they went about saying it.

Sometimes Moore is amusing to me, and sometimes Chomsky has a good point. But bye and large I just don't have time for them (ditto Howard Zinn).

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2004, 11:00:51 AM »
Yep, sikboy - that cartoon sequence was the funniest/best part of the movie.

I think the Lockheed Martin stuff could have been left out.

Most famous quote from BfC came from that old timer who said: "If more guns made for a safer society, the USA would be the safest country on Earth. It isn't."
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 11:30:14 AM by beet1e »

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2004, 11:07:27 AM »
Moore is just an Edit for profainity ,Edit for profainity ,and a Edit for profainity .

If I ever saw him I would Edit for profainity ,Edit for profainity ,Edit for profainity ,Edit for profainity ,Edit for profainity ,Edit for profainity ,and Edit for profainity him until he was lying in a big pool of his own blood and excrement.

His "documentaries are nothing but Edit for profainity ,Edit for profainity ,  Edit for profainity , Edit for profainity , Edit for profainity ,and Edit for profainity .

boy i love cut and paste:D

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2004, 11:26:45 AM »
Sikboy. What cholmsky did you read. His latest stuff is pretty angry, his earlier stuff like Manufacturing Consent is pretty clinical and deadly.