Author Topic: Why I think bombers *should* be included in the new system  (Read 205 times)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Why I think bombers *should* be included in the new system
« on: August 20, 2004, 01:38:03 PM »
I'll try to make this relatively clear and to the point, without getting to long winded, but here is what I think.  

Bombers are a tool, just like fighters are.  Fighters are used for a purpose (killing stuff), the 1945 planes are better tools for the job than the 1940 planes.  Therefore, HT has decided that if one side has an overwhelming majority in numbers, they should be limited to using the less efficient tools.

I think the same logic holds true for bombers.  Nobody is stopping the "bomber enthusiasts" on the big team to stop bombing, but the price they should have to pay is their ability to use the best tool for the job.  If a bomber squadron flying for the big team wants to level the HQ, or blow up a base, they should be forced to fly a less "efficient" bomber in greater numbers, just as their comrades flying fighters are forced to use a less efficient fighter in greater numbers if they want to have the same effect (as using a better fighter in fewer numbers).  

I actually even think the perk planes should be included in the new 'Delirium model'.  After all, they are perked because theoretically they offer the best performance, and this new scheme is designed to give the team facing a significant numerical disadvantage an offsetting "technological" advantage.  

GVs are something completely different, I don't think the Panzer IV should ever be disabled, simply because in the event that the "outnumbered team" makes a GV attack on the "big team" when the Panzer IV is disabled then the "big team" will be stuck trying to kill the odd Tiger while they are in M8s.  So far as I know, that is actually impossible.  Once we get more tanks and armoured vehicles I think they should be included in the scheme just like everything else.

Offline Goth

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 02:16:39 PM »
I disagree. Why should bombers and fighters only be restricted. As you mentioned, these are tools and the panzer is also just a tool. You don't have to up M8's to lemming like throw yourself at the tiger, just up the Il2 or the stuka and destroy the tank.

There, that problem has been solved....next.

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 02:25:39 PM »
I think we have a new truck about ready to get delivered.  If it is a Sherman, then that should solve the problem somewhat.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 02:32:44 PM »
The bombers are few enough as it is.
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)