Author Topic: Memories...  (Read 853 times)

Offline DAVENRINO

• Silver Member
Memories...
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2004, 02:33:51 PM »
Originally posted by Lizard3
Oh yeah, Dave, I'm still using Winders ME

hehe

LOL,
No wonder you are having problems.  Here is ME package-

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_win9x_4.27

Also, AMD boards do not run well with asyncronus bus speeds.  You might wanna try both set to your CPU stock speed of 166.
DAVE aka DJ229-AIR MAFIA
CH USB HOTAS/ONKYO 705 7.2 SURROUND SOUND/ 60" SONY A3000 SXRD  TV

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
Memories...
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2004, 02:34:43 PM »
That power supply raises a red flag for me 300 watts is not very much power output anymore, it is a possibilty that your new memory draws enough more amps to cause troubles.  Only a guess mind you, but one of the things I'd check out.

Try disconnecting as much non-essential stuff as you can and see how it fairs.  Also try one stick of ram at a time - uses less power and might eliminate a bad stick of ram too.

(I'd sure would rather see you with something from Antec or PC Power & Cooling at least the 400+ watt neighborhood with that processor and the components I am guessing you have etc.)

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
Memories...
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2004, 02:36:46 PM »
Temps are running:

MB
30c/86f

CPU
46c/114f

Is that good or bad?

The white squares resolve themselves into color/panels/ objects. Off line its not so bad. Pretty quick. Online in the TA its just a flash...sometimes. Othertimes I dont see it at all.

When I'm about to get the message, they usually kinda hang there, and after I get the message it clears up/ resolves itself. The message is already there, so I hafta click on it. Egads.

You recon my power supply is to puny to run all that CPU/memory/ vid card?

btw, I'm using a Ti4200 128mb

Offline DAVENRINO

• Silver Member
Memories...
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2004, 02:49:30 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
That's odd Davenrino.  The ASUS updater is showing 1009 as the latest non-beta available and my motherboard came with 1009.

Skuzzy, is your board the Deluxe version?  I just downloaded those 1008 BIOS's from the ASUS site an hour ago and there wasn't a 1009 for the Deluxe version.  There are different BIOS for all the various versions of the A7N8X.

DJ229 aka Dave
DAVE aka DJ229-AIR MAFIA

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Memories...
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2004, 02:55:21 PM »
It's the -E Deluxe.  Wierd.

I have a bad feeling his power supply is not going to cut it.  300W is not what I would be using in that setup.  I would bite the bullet and get a 430W Antec TruPower for it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline DAVENRINO

• Silver Member
Memories...
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2004, 03:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
It's the -E Deluxe.  Wierd.

I have a bad feeling his power supply is not going to cut it.  300W is not what I would be using in that setup.  I would bite the bullet and get a 430W Antec TruPower for it.

OK, that is the difference.  The - E uses a different BIOS than the original and Revision 2 A7N8X - Deluxe.  May may be right about the PSU and it is hard to beat an Antec.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 03:02:49 PM by DAVENRINO »
DAVE aka DJ229-AIR MAFIA

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
Memories...
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2004, 11:34:55 PM »
Well, I went out and snagged an Antec tru-powa 430w and it didn't fix it. Hehe at least I know thats not it. It may have had a bearing on it though.

After monkeying with everything under the sun I went to swap the sticks back and noticed(not for the first time) that 2 of the slots are blue and one is brown. I had had one in brown and one in blue when I had the old sticks in and had put the new ones in the same way. Decided I'd got for true blue and put them both in the blue slots. Now its working in dual channel mode! I was wonderin how one went about getting that happenin.

I re-cleared the cmos and decided to leave most everything at default except killing all the on board cra...stuff I don't use. Lo and behold it works pretty well so far. Couldn't kill it offline, everything looks smooth and white squares are gone. The transitions between tower, hanger and flight are crisp, no delays or mushyness. I'm fixin to test it online. I'll lets yas know how it goes.....

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
Memories...
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2004, 12:01:46 AM »
Ah well, that didna last long. Confident, I went to the main. Tower at a base being NOE'd, smoke everywhere, I looked left and saw 2 spits a niki and the sun. The sun got a big white square on it, so I looked back straight. Looked back again and it all locked up. :(

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Memories...
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2004, 01:30:28 AM »
on my asus a7n8x-e deluxe
ive got the cpu set @ 12x166 ,and the ram is in the blue slots for dual .

idle temp is 46c  
load temp is 49c

to fix ah i had to lower the sound excelleration one notch .
and i had to beshure all harddrive ,monitor,and system timeouts were turned off (this was causing a lockup also)

im not loading any textures in the memory currently .

im not shure if ive got everything fixed yet but ive been able to fly for over an hour now without a lock up .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
Memories...
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2004, 02:53:37 AM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo

and i had to beshure all harddrive ,monitor,and system timeouts were turned off (this was causing a lockup also)

Could you explain this part in a little more detail? I'm not sure what that is or where to find it.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
Memories...
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2004, 11:28:48 AM »
shure ill try ..

now in the bios is the "power management setup "

acpi suspend to rom    [disabled]
video off method          [dpms support]
pwr button < 4 secs    [soft off]
power up on pci device   [enabled]
wake/powerup on ext modem [disabled]
automatic power up         [disabled]
ac power loss restart     [disabled]
power n by mouse       [disabled]
power on by keyboard [disabled]

^^^ thats what mine is set at  now for the windows settings

Go to display properties (right clic on desktop)
then to the screen saver tab at the botten it has the settings button for the screen saver  , this takes you to the power managment properties .

system standby           never
turn off monitor         never
turn off hard disks    never

^ until i set mine like that i was getting a black screen of death so until i fine tune it or figure it out compleatly ive got it at those settings .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
Memories...
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2004, 11:38:35 AM »
now on my other pc the game seams to work fine with the monitor set at 30 mins ,  it even wakes up correctly

but something about the a7n8x-e deluxe and perhaps my video card combo doesnt let it wake up . so thats why i have it all turned off at this time .  (this only happens in AH so far )
Roscoroo ,