Author Topic: vox bug  (Read 619 times)

Offline Supe

• Zinc Member
vox bug
« on: August 20, 2004, 09:47:41 PM »
I'm not able to transmit, or receive voice comms anymore, and I have no idea why. A couple weeks ago myself and kbman lost voice at the same time - couldn't hear anything but we could transmit, but a relog solved the problem. Last night I logged in, lost the ability to hear AND transmit, and tonight when I log in (even after reboots) I still can't hear, nor send anything, right from the get-go. I can see, in the radio "window" my "room" or "channel" light up as I try to transmit, but I don't receive any voice from anyone, and nobody hears me either.

I'm running a Duron 1.3GHz w 384Mb of RAM, Radeon 9000 with 4.7 Catalyst drivers, and I've got a SB Live. I've tried dumb things like checking "Wave in" but that didn't work as I expected. Yep, I get sound in Windoze too. Sound Recorder works fine.

someone else (young26) was on at the same time as me and also couldn't get his mic working, but I don't know that it was related. Could be, though. I can't see that it's my end.

Thoughts?

Supe

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
vox bug
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 12:29:18 AM »
I think that this is somehow related to the distance VOX.

Tonight I was flying with a squadie and when I went to RTB for fuel I stopped hearing him, and everyone else. I thought - OK - I guess the VOX cut-out is for real. There were only 2 other on our tuned channel, so I wasn't expecting much chatter anyway so I replaned and headed back.

Well, just as I get into distance radio range and start picking up that VOX, I also pick up my squadie on our tuned channel - in mid-transmission. Meaning he had been talking all along and even though I heard him on our tuned channel, I didn't actually receive his message until I was in the distance-VOX's range.

This wasn't happening when we all arrived ... it just seemed to kick in after a while.

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
vox bug
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 01:31:08 PM »
I'm seeing at least a couple people a night mention on the team channel that vox is cutting out. I don't know what's causing this, and it's tough to know if it's happening or people just aren't talking for a few minutes. I don't recall seeing this hapopening before patch 9.

Offline DarkHawk

• Copper Member
vox bug
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 12:35:35 PM »
I have had similiar problems.
First time I transmit I can be heard okay after that even thorugh we are close together, the other person only hears a beep and nothing else. This has happened three times so far.

Dhawk
49DHawk
XO for BOWL (DHawk)

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
vox bug
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 11:41:13 PM »
I'm seeing more and more people asking "is vox out?" ... whatever the problem is, its getting worse.

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
vox bug
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 09:30:26 AM »
Vox has continuous problems and HTC never seems to address the issue. It's really becoming an annoyance.

1. Vox volume - for some players it is never loud enough, even when they have their volume sliders all the way up.

2. Vox volume - some players (myself included) have random loss of Tx volume. The fix is to ALT-TAB, go to mic properties and then un-check / re-check +20 dB boost.

3. Loss of Vox - happens randomly for unknown reasons. Some observations for possible causes
   A. You are killed (back to tower) when recieving vox
   B. Someone transmitting on range vox is killed (back to tower) while you are recieving the transmission.
   C. Too many players are trying to Transmit on VOX at the same time.
   D.  Someone tuned to the same chanel you are logs off after transmitting on Vox before the "after mic key buffer" time expires (while their name is still shown in the recieve window)

As asked for several times in the past, could HTC please fix vox so that it is a good robust program, or give us an option to disable it so we can use RW or TeamSpeak.

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
vox bug
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 01:57:08 PM »
This is still really an annoying problem. Monday I saw it again where a handful of people just had vox cut out at the same time. Most weren't affected, just some - but it was all together.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Reload DirectX
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2004, 10:01:40 AM »
Dink,
I had the same type of problem.  I redown loaded Direct X and reinstalled it.  That corrected the problem.  

Traveler
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
vox bug
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2004, 11:12:16 AM »
I think I lost vox along with several squad members about 4-5 times on Sunday (9pm est).  The problem really does seem to follow a heavier server load but it doesn't have anything to really do with flying as the first drop occured before I even left the tower prior to our first run (ie. just after logging in)

HT, Skuzzy, whoever is patrolling this thread... is there anything we can report back to you that will help track this down as it seems to be one of the longer running bugs.
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Dink's Problem
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2004, 12:43:41 PM »
I see a lot of people in here reporting a problem with VOX cutting out or the volume being to low.  But I think the problem that Dink is reporting as I read it, is that VOX does not work for him at all.  That I beleive is a different problem then the cutting out of VOX or low volume.

I found myself have the same problem, VOX just didn't work.  It wasn't working one minute and then cutting out, my problem was that it stopped working altoghter.

I fixed my problem after several hours of re-booting and testing of my mic and sound software.  I uninstalled AH2 and Direct X, re-installed AH2 and Direct X.  That fixed my problem.  

There is still a problem with VOX cutting out for people in the game in general, including many of my squad mates.  Generally when that problem has occured, just logging out and back in has corrected iti.  But what DINK discribes is much more.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
vox bug
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2004, 12:55:20 PM »
Originally posted by Alpo
I think I lost vox along with several squad members about 4-5 times on Sunday (9pm est).  The problem really does seem to follow a heavier server load but it doesn't have anything to really do with flying as the first drop occured before I even left the tower prior to our first run (ie. just after logging in)

HT, Skuzzy, whoever is patrolling this thread... is there anything we can report back to you that will help track this down as it seems to be one of the longer running bugs.

I can't pin down the behavior yet. It "appears" to be somehow linked to range vox in that I've seen the tuned channel suddenly pick up again when I get within range of a squadie.

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
vox bug
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2004, 05:13:29 PM »
Dok... I really don't know if range was an issue or not.  I'm pretty sure we were just sitting on the runway waiting for everyone to get organized for the launch.  Typical BSing and then all's quiet on Alpo's end of the runway (I like to film everyone going overhead :D)

When it happens to anyone of us, there is no solution and it lasts until you exit and re-enter.
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012