Author Topic: Reminiscent of Blammo's terrifying experience  (Read 256 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Reminiscent of Blammo's terrifying experience
« on: August 22, 2004, 09:52:03 AM »
http://www.komo-am.com/stories/32696.htm

August 20, 2004

By KOMO Staff

SEATTLE - A boy's parents can thank an alert Metro bus driver for averting what could have been a tragic night for their little son.

The 2 1/2-year-old little boy decided to go out for an stroll all by himself on Wednesday night around 10:40.

Unfortunately, his walk took him across busy Aurora Avenue North near 149th -- and right into the path of an approaching Metro bus going at full speed with 20 people on board.

Bus driver Peter Sang originally thought it was a small animal.

"And soon, I have a good look at it I found out it's a baby running across Aurora Avenue," he said. "It scared me to death."

Sang slammed on the brakes, managing to stop before hitting the boy.

He went out and brought the boy -- only clad in a yellow "onesie" and a diaper -- onto the bus and called the police. Shoreline officers picked up the boy and took him back to the police station.

Once there, the officers bought juice and fresh diapers for the boy (we're told the diapers were in desperate need of changing). After a short time there, the boy fell asleep on the lap of one of Shoreline's patrol sergeants, who just happens to be a new mom herself.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 01:21:45 PM »
Yeah, the whole squad's egroup lit up with support for blammo.  

15 years from now I bet they'll be laughing about this.  My family is still laughing about when my sister did something similar.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 02:21:33 PM »
I hope Blammo considers getting a home alarm system.  It tells you when a door or a window is opened, even at 2am. Can't be too safe with little wanderer's. (related link)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 02:27:36 PM by Ripsnort »

Offline IK0N

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 02:16:29 PM »
Until one has actually encountered a lone baby crawling in the middle of a highway in the middle of the night the term "scared ****less" takes on a whole new meaning! Especially when you almost hit the tot..Its just not what you expect... Then there are the recouring flashbacks for years!

IKON