Author Topic: Channel 1 warning  (Read 2221 times)

VWE

Channel 1 warning
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2004, 05:49:24 PM »
MMMM-KAY

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Channel 1 warning
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2004, 06:06:53 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
For the record, I dont think abusive behavior is OK, my point was you dont HAVE to listen to it.

.squelch Grits

Works every time.

I should not have to log in and start squelching ten guys. This is basicly my point about ch1 and ch200. We do need someone to monitor the arenaa just as Mr Fork is doing (you know, the person whom posted this). If you do it and get caught, pay the price. However, there are more than one persons that need to be muted more than others. Lets either do it right or not at all. HTC please make up your mind!

What happened to the NEW RULES about this UBB? Are they now old and being ignored? Whan ya gonna start locking threads and booting out guys?

Inforce the bloody rules or get lost!

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Channel 1 warning
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2004, 06:07:12 PM »
.squelch Arlo

:D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Channel 1 warning
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2004, 06:08:06 PM »
Enforce:D

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Channel 1 warning
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2004, 06:46:05 PM »
Sorry, I think its stupid.  Kill ch1, thats fine.  

Although there was a nice command called .squelch 1 so you didn't have to hear anything.  

Muting people for what they say on ch 200 is just plain retarded.  You have to TUNE to channel 200.  It isn't just sitting there by default.  If you don't want people dressing you down in public for your ****ty flying, don't tune to ch 200.  Then even if they say anything, it is like they magically didn't say anything, to you anyway.  

It seems awfully kindergardenish to me.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Channel 1 warning
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2004, 07:31:51 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
Sorry, I think its stupid.  Kill ch1, thats fine.  

Although there was a nice command called .squelch 1 so you didn't have to hear anything.  

Muting people for what they say on ch 200 is just plain retarded.  You have to TUNE to channel 200.  It isn't just sitting there by default.  If you don't want people dressing you down in public for your ****ty flying, don't tune to ch 200.  Then even if they say anything, it is like they magically didn't say anything, to you anyway.  

It seems awfully kindergardenish to me.

I agree with all but the .squelch 1. I should not have to log in and start squelching things. Too bad there is not a permnt .squelch programed into the game. Logging in and typing several squelches gets old.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Re: Channel 1 warning
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2004, 07:42:22 PM »
Originally posted by Mister Fork
Folks, if the harrasing comments and taunting does not stop in channel 1, we will turn it off and leave it off as a default for the CT.  

Please, keep Channel 1 for friendly chat and salutes.

I believe the initial post mentioned "harassing comments and taunting"  then somehow the terminology became "abusive".  There is a clear difference between the two and I believe that has been recognized by skuzzy.

But why do we have a CT staffer, posting a statement like this above, clearly not in line with what I believe you are defining skuzzy(aka HTC), and than making threats to support it??

I find this far more disturbing than any half wit piping off on channel 1.  Am I wrong?
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

storch

Re: Re: Channel 1 warning
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2004, 07:54:14 PM »
Originally posted by TheBug
I believe the initial post mentioned "harassing comments and taunting"  then somehow the terminology became "abusive".  There is a clear difference between the two and I believe that has been recognized by skuzzy.

But why do we have a CT staffer, posting a statement like this above, clearly not in line with what I believe you are defining skuzzy(aka HTC), and than making threats to support it??

I find this far more disturbing than any half wit piping off on channel 1.  Am I wrong?

You are wrong.  Because you are never right eg. You are wrong.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Channel 1 warning
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2004, 07:56:01 PM »
Is that a harrassing comment or a taunt?? I'm new at this.

Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Channel 1 warning
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2004, 08:38:09 PM »
"Guys who vultch in CT have fought prejudices against their kind for centuries"

Ughh, wtf are you talking about?...
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline TheBeeg

• Zinc Member
Channel 1 warning
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2004, 09:09:00 PM »
Yo!
I bet you're going to Wildwood to sing Do-Wop man.
Beeg

Originally posted by Oldman731
I do believe that this is the most I've ever seen Skuzzy in the CT or its forum.  Sorry for the circumstances, but good to see you, Skuzzy!

Wish I'd been online to see Sakai v. the Vulchers.  Must have been a classic.  

- oldman (headed for vacation, see youse guys in a week or so)

storch

Channel 1 warning
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2004, 09:21:53 PM »
Originally posted by TheBug
Is that a harrassing comment or a taunt?? I'm new at this.

Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful.

Don't go changing, to try & please me You'll never have to work that hard. :D

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Channel 1 warning
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2004, 03:29:39 AM »
when you whiners watch a film, do you watch it with mute on if there is too much swearing?

why not just squelch channel 1?
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Channel 1 warning
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2004, 07:41:10 AM »
Originally posted by Mister Fork
X2Lee's actions were handled within the policies set by HTC.  His 'waaaaa' comment was right after I asked a few pilots to ease up on their remarks to one another.  I dealt with his actions but he left the arena before I could say why he was muted or unmute his account.

No one should receive any unwanted abuse from other CT players, especially toward the volunetter CT Staff.  As volunteers, we put a lot of free time into the arena and abuse from players is not appreciated.  

This isn't a hard concept: if you were at a soup kitchen, do you think poking fun at the people serving out the soup will get you hero cookie as a bonus?  Do you think a volunteer in any organization would put up harrassment from people using it's services?  This has everything to do with respect for your fellow player.  If you can't be respectful to one another, channel 1 will be turned off just as it is in the MA.

Personally, I like the ability to chat on channel 1 with everyone, especially as staff, but lately there have been a few Keyboard Generals ruining it.

Well, to mute any person for typing 'waaaaa' is right out ridiculous! I have been in the CT numerous times and have never heard of such things. MisterFork, please try not to abuse the god like powers that you have been intrusted with. If they make you feel like you are so much superior than anyone else, then you should relinquish them and step aside. don't hide behind the
X2Lee's actions were handled within the policies set by HTC.
card.  

and if the system/ company/ HTC  is going to allow this type of reprimand in the CT , they should make it so in every arena.
That would mean alot of people being muted for expression.

As for the 60 minutes  muting, if you don't know the rules upfront of how the CM commands work and intial use, you should not have the commands to start with.

as for X2Lee, with what he has called a childish act / use of powers for typing  'waaaaa' and being muted 60 minutes , he has washed his hands of  Aces High.

if it is all as it has been explained in this thread, I can not see where X2Lee was out of line anywhere, except where his reply was edited ( I don't know what it said there). Bug brings up a very valid point as well :  

Originally posted by Mister Fork Folks, if the harrasing comments and taunting does not stop in channel 1, we will turn it off and leave it off as a default for the CT.

Please, keep Channel 1 for friendly chat and salutes.

Originally posted by Bug
I believe the initial post mentioned "harassing comments and taunting" then somehow the terminology became "abusive". There is a clear difference between the two and I believe that has been recognized by skuzzy.

I find this far more disturbing than any half wit piping off on channel 1. Am I wrong?

I think this is a very valid point Bug, I think  Mister Fork has let his powers go to his head, this is in no way good form!

anyhow...I hope all this works out for the best, but by all means I think it should be dealt with properly and professionally! Good Day  Ladys and Gentlemen!
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Channel 1 warning
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2004, 06:27:22 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
when you whiners watch a film, do you watch it with mute on if there is too much swearing?

why not just squelch channel 1?

Why not just tune in ch200 when you log on?