Author Topic: GScholz--Re: 19 y/o girls and guns  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
GScholz--Re: 19 y/o girls and guns
« on: August 23, 2004, 10:15:20 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
How many 19-year-old girls run around with guns in the US? ... Yeah thought so.

I think you underestimate the power of American girls...;)

Click here to find out how wrong you are..
:D

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 10:21:17 AM »
Two?
sand

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 10:26:26 AM »
I personaly know more than two.

lazs

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 10:27:01 AM »
If you count my wife (18 when she had her Conceal and Carry) and Storch's girls, that makes at least 5 on this unscientific results. ;)

Offline schizer

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 10:36:28 AM »
Wow never knew it was legal to posess and fire mortar shells, cannons and other military fully auto weapons.

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
      • http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 10:42:50 AM »
A machine gun or destructive device (ie cannon) can be owned if you have a license from the ATF.  You submit fingerprints, a background check and $200.  After a few months they give you the once-over and you have your permit.  The owner of the full-auto may then give you possession of it.

I own two full-auto weapons, a M-16 and an Uzi.

Two of my dad's friends own cannon.  A 25 pounder and a Pak 37.  Shooting the Pak is lots of fun.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 10:43:42 AM »
Schizer
 You can apply for a federal permit to own and purchase full auto weapons.

Your state has to aprove it as well. Many states will aprove them.

The guns are NUTTY exspensive though.

You can not modify a non full auto gun to me full auto.

it was close to 10 k for a M16 the last time I saw prices. A real M60 could run you almost 20k. (I think... going from memory, from the shotgun news I think)

I am not sure what you have to do to own a mortar or a cannon though lol.

My Girlfriend and her sister have been shooting since they were pre teens.

it is not all that uncommon.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2004, 11:00:13 AM »
Dune, are there regulations you have to follow regarding storage, firing, transportation etc.?

Offline spitfiremkv

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2004, 11:00:25 AM »
If 19yr old girls have the right to bear arms, they shouls have the right to bare breasts too :):):):)

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2004, 11:05:07 AM »
Where's one get a fully auto M-16/M-4/Ar-15 after all the background stuff is completed?

And how much money are you talking from a $1200 Ar-15 to auto version?

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2004, 11:10:27 AM »
Wow, really are pissed at Estes.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2004, 11:15:27 AM »
Lepaul
 Check out this page.

Full auto guns for sale.

The prices are nutty.

14,995.00 for this full auto M4.

Having browsed that page, my 10k estimate was pretty low for most of the stuff.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 11:19:15 AM by GtoRA2 »

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2004, 11:25:47 AM »
Thrawn, no there are not.  You can leave it loaded in your frontyard or locked up in a gunsafe (my perfered method ;)).  If you travel with it, you must have a copy of your ATF license with you.  And I live in Arizona, there are plenty of places you can shoot one.  There are also many ranges that allow it.  If you are a member, you can shoot your full-auto at the Phoenix Rod & Gun club.

In the mid-eighties, it was decided to not allow the civilian production/conversion of any more full-autos.  In the good old days, you could take your whatever to a gunsmith, have him drill the holes, etc. to allow you to drop in a full-auto parts kit.  Then you would send in your ATF application and when it came back, you could complete the gun and have a legal full-auto.

In the mid-80's (86 I believe) the government decided that the best way to stop crime was to prevent the legal conversion of machine guns (:rolleyes: )  So they give everyone six months to get the conversions and applications in.  I remember going around to a bunch of gun owners where I lived with my dad and collecting semi-autos that they would probably have never converted so they could be sent to Phoenix for the conversion.  After collecting 30 or so semi-autos (Galil's, M-16's, AK's, Fal's, Uzi's, you name it) we loaded them in the back of the truck and drove to the airport.  There we drove onto the tarmac and loaded all these guns in the plane of the gunsmith who flew them to Phoenix.  (Imagine trying that today.  Even then, to a teenager, it was pretty cool)

And prices are outrageous today.  At one time my dad had over 30 full autos (Brens, Vickers, 1917, HBM2, Owen, Sterling, etc).  For instance, in 1981 he bought a very nice MG 42 for $3,000.00.  6 months ago at a gun show, I saw one for sale for $40,000.00.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 11:28:05 AM by Dune »

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2004, 11:37:45 AM »
Originally posted by Dune
Thrawn, no there are not.  You can leave it loaded in your frontyard or locked up in a gunsafe (my perfered method ;)).

I see.  Hypothically would you be in anyway criminally culpable if someone broke in to your home, stole an unsecured assult rifle or cannon and blew a bunch of people away with it?

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2004, 11:42:46 AM »
No.  Obviously, the front yard thing is an extreme, but it's been tried before, but shot down (pardon the pun) pretty quickly.  For any type of firearm.

It would be the same as being held responsible if someone stole your car and then ran over a bunch of people at a bus stop with it.  Or stole your steak knife and stabbed someone with it.  

I am unaware of any legal theory that makes someone liable for the criminal acts of others.  Excepting, of course, cases of coersion, solicitation, and conspiricy.  But there you are actively assisting in the crime, advocating it, etc.