Author Topic: Killing Chutes, P-51's and the tears as big as horse turds falling down your cheeks  (Read 1353 times)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
I've shot chutes before... and most likely I'll shoot them again.  I don't go after chutes as a rule, but there have been a couple of occasions.

If I'm being vulched at a base and I manage to get airborne and kill the attacker... rage will take the place of valor and the chute will die.  Its only happened once that I can remember, but it sure as hell seemed the thing to do at the time.

Any time you are walking towards my base after bailing and touching down... I will shoot you.  You aren't doing it to surrender, so I can only assume you are doing it to spy.  There is nothing preventing you from exiting, I strongly suggest you do it... usually with my cannons.

This really seems such a petty thing to argue about over coms.  Someone just wasted ammo on you.  It cost you absolutely nothing points wise (correct me if I'm wrong here)... and if it does cost you points wise then isn't that what the enemy is supposed to do?

We don't have POW systems in place... You get to go back and grab another plane to look for the pilot to extract your revenge on whether you died or lived.  If you don't like what was done.. call the pilot a dickhead and get on with life.

AKDejaVu

Granger

If you really want to get back at someone you shoot down DONT SHOOT THEIR CHUTE!!

Think about it..shoot em and 5 seconds later their takin off in a shiny new plane..make em drift a while and land and at least you have delayed their "rebirth" for a few seconds to minutes..if he was stupid enuf to bail and open chute at 10+k.

I made the mistake of opening my chute at 22k once...and believe me..I was out of action for quite a while..I wish someone WOULD HAVE ended my misery!

Just my .02

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Granger,
LOL!    I think I actually remember when you did that.  You said something, like, "Oh my god, I can't believe I did that!"  You were moaning so loud, the dogs would've howled, if they had been modelled.

------------------
leonid, aka grisha
129 IAP VVS RKKA

ingame: Raz

Offline Curly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
 We have to go through THIS again? I thought this was settled MONTHS ago.

"You bailed, you get nailed"    
"Shoot the Chute"
"Hit the silk, spill his milk!"
"Parachute Corps? Perferate his corpse!"
"Chute in the sky? Shoot em in the eye!"

Those are my mottos. Royalties due if used.

Curly

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
BBGUN: Not to distort the thread, but back to Douglas, did you read about how when he was a  POW they had given him artificial limbs while in camp.  He tried to escape, almost made it once.  The Germans thought that this would make bad press if a guy like Douglas escaped, so they took his articial limbs away...give credit to the Brits for never giving up!

Offline dolomite

• Zinc Member
hehe, have to say, I don't as a general rule, but like AKDejaVu, road rage can set in after being vultched 10 times in a row by a pilot. He can try to ditch or jump, but if I get airborne...  

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
I don't shoot chutes, I figure flying around it a few times is more humiliating for the drifter.  Still, I never have understood the outrage over it, suppose I never will.  If you don't want your chute shot, don't get shot down.  If it does get shot down, take a deep breath, relax, they have more back at the base  

Fatty

Offline YourDead

• Zinc Member
Do drunks count?  I shot a few drunks last night...

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member

hehe, have to say, I don't as a general rule, but like AKDejaVu, road rage can set in after being vultched 10 times in a row by a pilot. He can try to ditch or jump, but if I get airborne...

Simple solution; don't take off from a field that is being vulched  

If you get shot down because you take off from a field where someone can freely pick your bellybutton back to heaven, its your fault, not his (you would even do more good by taking off from another field; vulcher wouldnt get kills  )

Offline Phantom121

• Zinc Member
By the time WW2 rolled around, chivalry in combat (a shilly concept) was nearly gone.  Pilots on all sides where killed in chutes, not common practice but it happened.  Let us face facts, in a war of attriction planes are much easier to replace than pilots.  Planes can be built in weeks, good pilots take a year or more.  Pilots going down over friendly territory (and likely to return to combat) where much more likely to be targets than pilots going down over enemy territory.  Using bullets on a person likely to be captured or killed and not a threat just doesn't make sense.  In this game shooting chutes is totally a waste of ammo.  Makes no sense what so ever.  You only hasten the time in which that pilot can return to the air and start fighting again.  You really pissed at someone - leave him in his chute and hope it takes 5 minutes for him to get to the ground.

Offline dolomite

• Zinc Member

Originally posted by Fishu:
Simple solution; don't take off from a field that is being vulched    

If you get shot down because you take off from a field where someone can freely pick your bellybutton back to heaven, its your fault, not his (you would even do more good by taking off from another field; vulcher wouldnt get kills    )

Please. Not another "Don't take off from a CAP'd field" lecture...

If we are down to 3-4 fields, all fields being hit, I will take off from a CAP'd field because we will soon lose all the fields if someone doesn't. And, under the current conditions, a determined defender can save or at least delay the capture long enough for the balance to swing. So you see, there is no problem in need of a "simple solution".  

The score isn't everything, you know.   Sometimes you have to think of the other guys on your side, too. When you have people with whom you wing and enjoy flying, you are willing to endure some humiliation to achieve the ultimate goal. Saving my imaginary country is more important than saving my imaginary prettythang. YMMV.

[This message has been edited by dolomite (edited 01-21-2000).]

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
      • Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group
Do it if you feel like it... Don't if that turns you on too! There isn't a right or a wrong here... only a bunch of opinions that don't mean anything more than this opinion!  

Have fun in the skies!

Thunder
Aces High DickweedHBG: www.dickweedhbg.com

funked

Killin' chutes is sure fun in WB.  Can't wait to try it in AH!

dogsta

AMEHN!! Funked  

I'm waiting for pay to play to begin shooting chutes,it justs seems nicer,to hepl out the other guy get down&back up faster  

------------------

Offline Thorns

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/computerpilot/
Geesh!  Pretty soon people will be squeakin' about shooting a ditched plane.  I got no problem shooting a ditched plane, and I got no problem shooting a chute.  I was trying to kill the bastage when he was flying, and just because he doesn't have a plane doesn't mean I stop tryin' to keeeeel him.  If the person is smart he won't pull his chute until almost on the ground.  I want HiTech to give the floater a .45 cal automatic so at least we can have some fun and shoot back at the plane coming to strafe.  When this flight sim goes pay I'm killing all the chutes I see..............WAR IS HELL!!

Thorns_Musketeer
CO Musketeer Escadrille