Author Topic: super rubber pnzr ap rounds?  (Read 720 times)

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
super rubber pnzr ap rounds?
« on: August 26, 2004, 04:29:20 PM »
Simple question but am I the only one bouncing AP rounds from panzers off panzers 70 percent of the time?  Lots of minor angle shots of under 15 degrees fly off ...  Is this right?  I know enough about modern rounds that they don't bounce like super balls.

Offline SCDR

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 10:08:48 PM »
It happens to me also.
Might be cuz of my 56k dial up. Look out 30 Aug, DSL baby, DSL!!
:D

SCDR

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 10:45:41 PM »
I'm using cable so don't count on it.  it seems like the rounds deflect way too easy from what I'm seeing.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 02:27:33 AM »
Look at a few destroyed or burnt out tank hulls from WW2...I don't have pics off hand, but will post some when I get back in.

There are mutiple instances of gouges, marks ect from shells hitting them and bouncing off, but none caused damage. Only when the shell hits at the right angle will it penetrate and do damage, usually killing everyone inside if it pentraes or causes spalling.

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 05:29:58 AM »
With dsl I couldnt hit crap if if there were alot of gvs around. Made me really mad shots just go straight thru.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2004, 09:19:24 AM »
I know what you are saying waffle .  What I'm saying is that although I don't expect penetration on every shot I would expect most any solid hit under 600m to do the trick.  Is this incorrect?

Offline SCDR

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2004, 06:35:37 PM »
Originally posted by rabbidrabbit
I'm using cable so don't count on it.  it seems like the rounds deflect way too easy from what I'm seeing.

Dude, don't bust my bubble. I've been waiting for 7 years for DSL.
Qworst at this time could care less about giveing me a "clear"
2nd phone line, and I am tired of the dang disco's.:mad:

SCDR

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2004, 09:02:57 PM »
Rabbid, location of shots count just as important as the hit itself.  Try to hit a part that is perpindicular to you.  Or try to hit a joint of some sort, like just under the turret.  Or a vulnerable part like the commanders spot.

It's hard to do, especially with the tanks moving or at long distances, but all it takes is practice.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Baine

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2004, 09:30:06 AM »
Been seeing a lot of bouncing shots.
Changing hit location (and thereby changing angle) doesn't seem to help. Rounds bounce off the front, sides, turrets, treads. It gets pretty frustrating when you're blasting away at point blank range at something seemingly covered in 1940s kevlar.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2004, 10:51:44 AM »
Thats pretty much what i'm saying..  I seem to bounce even near perfect shots at 400 yards or less.  I don't know for sure but I would expect a little more effectiveness from a panzer AP round.  I know modern rounds are much more effective and the old system was more effective.  My question being , was it over corrected?

Offline SCDR

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2004, 06:46:03 PM »
Originally posted by rabbidrabbit

DSL is SWEET!!!! No rubber bullets. Avg of 110 - 130 ms ping
to server. Sure beats the 56k dial up pings I had.

SCDR

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2004, 07:15:24 PM »
yep I get ton of shells superballing, move the turret a little same thing  shells bounce off,  and i'm talking from the front , side, back, hitting the tracks too , bounces every direction.  i notice ack guns do it more then they used to also.  its like they have a force field around them.  lmao!  scotty up shields!!  I'dddd  cant captian i'vddd given them all the power i got.  haha. I'm sure just like everyone else, these bouncing shells never bounce off my tiger or panzer.  lmao!  I hear ping (1 ping) im in the tower, saying wtf just happened there  .   quick question.  is a ping of 200 to 220 bad?

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2004, 10:42:29 AM »
Originally posted by SCDR
DSL is SWEET!!!! No rubber bullets. Avg of 110 - 130 ms ping
to server. Sure beats the 56k dial up pings I had.

SCDR

I sincerely doubt that connection speed is the issue.  After the last armor patch I noticed this issue.  It seems to me like the armor penetration issue was overcorrected.  

BTW.. I get a ping latency of 40-70 MS normally so I doubt your higher DSL ping is giving you an advantage.

Tactic..  200 MS pings in good for dial up.  and it should be fine.

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2004, 02:55:20 PM »
thank you very much for the reply.  cool!

Tactic

Offline RobMo68

• Nickel Member
      • Pigs On The Wing
I've noticed the SuberBall effect too! I have a Verizon DSL connection also !
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2004, 01:44:36 PM »
I've noticed the superball effect too ! One shot from a Tiger should kill any known tank type of the time period, not the other way around! What gives? From what I understand, the Tiger series tanks only major vunerability was the rear. So why is it that a panzer can kill a tiger with a single shot to the front, where it's armor was the heaviest. It don't make sense! Instead I've hit panzers with a shot and only damaged the engine, and had several other shots (in the same spot) SuperBall off the tank. I've noticed the same effect wether I use a Tiger or a Panzer. Either the ballistics model and/or the damage model need a severe adjustment! I've also noticed the same effect with some of the aircraft as well, wether in Air=Air or Air=Ground, so it can't be a problem with GV's alone. Or am I missing something !:(
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 01:47:12 PM by RobMo68 »
Speed68a
Special Forces Wing: POTW nUb:"Get outta my mud, biotch"

+~WARPIGS RACING~+
ERL S3R9 Winner