Author Topic: Any old Air Warriors out there?????  (Read 147102 times)

Offline Shaky

• Nickel Member
Any old Air Warriors out there?????
« Reply #705 on: January 22, 2007, 02:52:37 PM »
Originally posted by Holmes

I picked up a new ride recently, Pentium D, 20in widescreen monitor, and grabbed a Saitek X52 setup. It's ok, I always been a CH type guy but it'll do for the price. Been tooling around a bit offline, got a bit of the old scenario jones... waxing nostalgic over them splendid DoK h8fests.

cheers

Homey...ifluff'n ya can stand to fly with Fencer again :D him, Brooke, Boozer, myself and a buncha others are in the 4th FG flying for Rookland...you are more than welcome to wing with us anytime. We do mauinly Thurs and Sun nights. I'm newly active again after a long break, so's Fencer or Boozer would be best to check in with.

Hope to see ya up there!
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #706 on: January 22, 2007, 04:02:41 PM »
Originally posted by Booz
all AH guys, Holmes is the author of mo 'nannas

Did someone mention 'nannas?

Mo' Nanas!

Air Warrior is like the Empire State Building. And Air Warriors are like monkeys.

When you first start you're a little, organ-grinder size monkey standing on the street outside. Looking up you see a building swarming with hostile monkeys of all different shapes and sizes. Monkeys are born to climb, ant there ain't no Fay Wrays standing on the street, so instinct takes over and soon you're jousting for a handhold and making yer way up the wall.

Some are Fast Monkeys. A bit of natural ability combined with an in depth knowledge of climbing. They become familiar with the cracks and crevices of the particular building and begin to apply their knowledge within those parameters. Soon they are climbing, dodging, or scramblin right over some of the bigger monkeys and snatchin bananas from the slower ones, growing bigger.

Others are Scrappy Monkeys. These monkeys spend extra time practicing. They ask lots of questions and live for the chance to go toe to toe with the bigger monkeys. They punch, kick, bite, claw, and spit at the monkeys above them. Scarred, bloody, and with big ol' chunks of fur ripped out they monkey butts they keep hammerin. Occasionally they land a good blow, right in the monkey 'nards, and topple a bigger monkey.

This inspires them to fight even harder. Soon they learn where to hit and when to duck. They begin to take their share of bananas.

Then there's the Hungry Monkeys. "Mo 'nanas!, mo 'nanas!" they chant as they cling to the wall from 6:01 pm 'til 7:59 am. Calculating that mo'nanas go to the monkey with mo hangtime they know that if they hang long enough they will get mo than their share of the 'nanas. Of course they need deep pockets to sustain this frenzy, can't eat all them 'nanas at once, and are prone to the dreaded "Banana Split". They must be very careful, lest they wind up another furry puddle of monkey guts in some alley off 34th street.

Also ya got yer Techno Monkeys. Bumpy FrankenSchwanz in each paw, electrode catheters up their tail, anti-lock stainless steel vine swingers attached to their feet, gold plated groin clamps feeding
g-inducing jugular valves hooked into the fastest system available, with the biggest monitor, tuned to peak performance and cranking out through a megagigawatt, 3D, multi-usual Krakatoa Banana Blaster, these monkeys spend alot of time diddlin with their gadgets and tweaking their way up the wall.

And, we got MacGyver Monkeys. Riding systems that time forgot with nothing more than a handful of Froot Loops and a pile of bat guano they use every trick in the book, and plenty that ain't, to squirm their way heavenward. Always heavy, uncovering obscure and hidden bananas, they
invent their way along using every micro-ounce of every banana that they manage to ensnare, even to the point of using the peels for clothing and shelter.

Advancing their altitudinous aspirations, AW Monkeys invariably encounter the various denizens of the virtual Jungle.  Most encounter the Hurler Monkey first. Kinda like chimps, these sociable chaps gather in large communal halls, spending their time practicing monkey yells and poking each other in the navel. Once in awhile they venture out for a climb but are much happier chillin with
heir mates on the middle floors, flingin monkey turds and grinnin at all
that pass by.

Out on the wall a common first encounter is with a Sumo Monkey. these are the veteran Hungry Monkeys. They'd've been there twice, done that backwards. All the nonessential flotsam has been skimmed and the essence of the climb congealed to a Zen like "See monkey, knock monkey down"
philosophy. When ya hear "Monkey X took my 'nana 16 times in a row one day", Monkey X is most likely a Sumo.

No avoiding it, eventually every climber crosses ledges with Tribal Monkeys. wearing the skins of dead monkeys, gathering in private branches painted in various warlike colors, they belch, fart, thump 'n headbutt their way around looking for others to belch, fart, thump 'n headbutt with. An astute climber can get a good belly full a slightly bruised 'nanas by finding an area where 2 or more groups of tribal monkeys have been thump 'n headbuttin.

Look way up there, see that fuzzy li'l dot? That there's a Vulcher Monkey. High above the crowd, with a 10K alt advantage on next week, they float. Looking for the unsuspecting or hurtin climber, sporting k/ds over 8000 and k/ss around .0125, their motto is - "where there's smoke... we fire! (but only after the monkey that caused the smoke has been kilt first".

Legend has it that in the penthouses are the Wrinkled Monkeys. Rarely climbing, (hey yer in the penthouse, why climb more?) they only venture out under dark glasses. They have the rare and exotic 'nanas. Highly sought but useless to but a few climbers that are twisted enough to understand their full meaning, the Wrinks are content to live on past glory. They enjoy tossing an occasional 'nana out the window just to see how many climbers fall off trying to grab it.

AND, of course, The Kong Monkeys. At the peak of prosperity, clinging to the radio tower, chest pounding, Fay grabbin, teeth gnashing, flicking planes away as though they were insects, we find the Kongs. Keelin, scorin, the anchors of their respective tribal units, when a climber see a Kong Monkey on the wall he heads for another country. Whole tribal units have been de-'nana-ed by single Kong Monkeys. Just when Joe Avg Monkey thinks he's seen everything, along comes a Kong Monkey and gives that girl a twirl and makes her whole wurl swirl. Clashes between Kongs can sometimes alter the entire shape of the wall, cause the climb to take a whole nuther direction, provide lotsa ammo for the Hurlers...

Leona and Harry Kesmai proudly announce the opening of the New Real Building at 870;2 Arena 4.

The 'Nanas are fresher and sweeter and as of now there aren't many Kongs to keep you from those Hooter laden Fays.

Fast Monkeys can get a preview of every nook and cranny. Scrappy Monkeys can test there mettle on a bigger, steeper wall. Hungry Monkeys? Mo 'nanas, nuf said. Hey Techno Monkeys git out your tweakers, plenty mo stuff to calculate. The MacGyver's been over there already, gatherin
trinkets. Tis a regular simian shower over 870 as monkeys of all sizes leap off and make their way cross-town.

NOW FIGHT LIKE APES!

Ho-Thar of Atlantis

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #707 on: January 22, 2007, 07:25:47 PM »
Excellent!  Thanks for posting that!

Offline Magellan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #708 on: January 22, 2007, 11:13:01 PM »
Originally posted by Holmes snip
If you want to bring back some ol' AW memories check out - http://www.tamcon.com/awscores/ it has scores from 3/88 thru 12/94. Pretty cool to just scroll through and remember all of the old names. Found my first appearance in Camp 72 (Mar. '92) and the Hams first showing in Camp 74 (it'll be 15 years this May 5th).

Holmes,
Thanks for posting the link. Some of those will replace stuff on a drive that's T/U. I was a late-bloomer with a first appearance in Camp 110, June 3 - June 24, 1994.

waxing nostalgic over them splendid DoK h8fests.

Hate is good.

Offline HGKC

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.hiredguns-AH.com
« Reply #709 on: January 22, 2007, 11:19:24 PM »
The Hired Guns are from AW.
The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
Ted Nugent

Offline Razbre

• Zinc Member
« Reply #710 on: January 23, 2007, 08:05:43 AM »
Wow....had a guy mention to me about AH and thought I'd check out the web site. Been reading here for a while, and a lot of names ring a bell from AW days, Cookie, Hi-Tech, Acid , Dok, Blue Baron, Grey Wolf, the list can go on and on so figured I'd register and say hello.
Flew an Amiga 500, B-land, 334 GF's for quite a while.

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #711 on: January 23, 2007, 10:52:05 AM »
Originally posted by Shaky
Homey...ifluff'n ya can stand to fly with Fencer again :D him, Brooke, Boozer, myself and a buncha others are in the 4th FG flying for Rookland...you are more than welcome to wing with us anytime. We do mauinly Thurs and Sun nights. I'm newly active again after a long break, so's Fencer or Boozer would be best to check in with.

Hope to see ya up there!

Holmes you are more than welcome to come fly with us, however be warned you will not fly long with Shaky as he has ground interruption issues.  "Augered Again" should be his new handle.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Shaky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #712 on: January 24, 2007, 02:14:34 PM »
LOL...I just get too eager when I'm goin after em. Dive down, fire, pull...pull...PULLLLLLLLLL! (picks dirt outta teeth).

"OK, up again 51 heavy" :D
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
« Reply #713 on: January 24, 2007, 05:52:21 PM »
Originally posted by HGKC
The Hired Guns are from AW.

Hey HGKC!

I think Riche flies with you guys in FA. He's a C HAWK from way back!

Are you guys in AH now?

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #714 on: January 24, 2007, 06:55:04 PM »
I used to be ^Crsh, CO of the Red Barons of AZ starting in '96.  I could be wrong but we were at least among if not the first mega-squad with almost 60 players in 3 wings (squads); 2 fighter, 1 bomber.

That's why I've been a loner here until recently :)

We lost almost half the squad when AOL dropped AW then lost more on the transition to AWIII and finally disbanded when AWIII went away at which point we were down to only 10-15 members.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline truck5co

• Zinc Member
« Reply #715 on: January 24, 2007, 06:57:38 PM »
I did the AW thing back on AOl and even later. Was ESU then as I am ESU now also. Flew with AZ, a squad called Confederate Knights. Our macro, remember them?, was "you've been cuffed and stuffed by a Knight", after every kill. We were all LEO's (law enforcement officers) from around the country,
                       ESU

Offline T0J0

• Silver Member
« Reply #716 on: January 24, 2007, 07:39:34 PM »
Originally posted by Messiah
666 :eek:  :t

That cpid brings back memories!!  

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
« Reply #717 on: January 25, 2007, 10:38:17 AM »
Originally posted by T0J0
That cpid brings back memories!!  

We use to be in the DFA together.  I sure had a lot fun flying around with him.  :aok
The UNFORGIVEN

Offline -CodyC

• Copper Member
« Reply #718 on: January 26, 2007, 04:22:34 PM »
Well i got bored in between classes and started searching for old air warrior websites and this popped up.  I played AW3 when it was on gamestorm and for a short time while it was EA, between 1998 and 2001.  I went by -Cody and spent most of my time with the {WildCards}.  A lot of good memories that i miss flying Bz in FR Pac.  Those were some fun times, anyway, thought i would add my name to this growing list of old timers, there are a few names in this post that i recognize, but it has been a while.

Cody

P.S.  I wonder if anyone out there remembers a small game called Flying Circus that was around from i think 1996 to 1999 maybe longer.  Anyway, that's where i got my start in flight simulators before moving to AW3.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 04:27:50 PM by -CodyC »

Offline BadJasper

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.pcfighterpilot.com
« Reply #719 on: February 28, 2007, 09:15:41 AM »
Got my start in the AOHell days in 96. Went by Legend and CO'd the 126th Avengers. I was on AHII a little a couple years ago but had to take a break due to time issues and now I'm back. My new handle is BadJasper and ingame it's bdjasper. If you want an easy kill, look me up!:D