Author Topic: Any old Air Warriors out there?????  (Read 145701 times)

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
Re: Any old Air Warriors out there?????
« Reply #885 on: May 07, 2010, 02:14:00 PM »
When I was just a young baby seal in the late 90s (about 8 or 9), I flew a lot on Air Warrior. Never played online but instead, I loved flying the Korean jets and shooting down the AI controlled bad guys. Quite honestly, didnt know much about the history of aerial combat back then, but flying was one thing I have always wanted to do ever since I first rode in a Piper Cherokee when I was 5.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #886 on: May 09, 2010, 10:37:37 AM »
Which means, "come back, but please don't tease the animal."

- oldman

Silly question, but what is the Bigweek address again?
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #887 on: May 09, 2010, 11:08:28 AM »
     Silly question, but what is the Bigweek address again?

First rule of Bigweek is, we don't mention Bigweek.

Offline yow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #888 on: May 09, 2010, 11:25:08 PM »
I'm an old AW guy.  Started with AW Dos followed with AW2 and then AW3.  My fav was AW2, AW3 was tweaked for more realism but failed in the fun factor.  Also AW3 was laggy at times too.  I started out as a B but changed to C half way through.  My fav plane was the spitfire but I also enjoyed the B17 both as a pilot or gunner.

Do any of yous remember one of the admins named Vet?  I think he was mostly around AW2 days and the early part of AW3.  He was a very good spitfire pilot with many kills.

I don't recall the name of my squadron but a few of the members got into one of the vehicles (AW2) and drove it from one air field to another air field, which took about an hour, lol. Then they started to shoot and kill the enemies.  Had a lot of fun with AW2.

With the demise of AW3 I switched to Warbirds but I didn't care much for it so I hung up my flightstick until now.  AH looks interesting and I would like to know how it compares to AW.  At the moment I'm without a flight stick so I haven't played AH yet.  Should I start exerciseing my trigger finger again? lol.

Regards,
yow

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #889 on: May 09, 2010, 11:31:27 PM »
I'm an old AW guy.  Started with AW Dos followed with AW2 and then AW3.  My fav was AW2, AW3 was tweaked for more realism but failed in the fun factor.  Also AW3 was laggy at times too.  I started out as a B but changed to C half way through.  My fav plane was the spitfire but I also enjoyed the B17 both as a pilot or gunner.

Do any of yous remember one of the admins named Vet?  I think he was mostly around AW2 days and the early part of AW3.  He was a very good spitfire pilot with many kills.

I don't recall the name of my squadron but a few of the members got into one of the vehicles (AW2) and drove it from one air field to another air field, which took about an hour, lol. Then they started to shoot and kill the enemies.  Had a lot of fun with AW2.

With the demise of AW3 I switched to Warbirds but I didn't care much for it so I hung up my flightstick until now.  AH looks interesting and I would like to know how it compares to AW.  At the moment I'm without a flight stick so I haven't played AH yet.  Should I start exerciseing my trigger finger again? lol.

Regards,
yow

My advise to you is: DON'T START

IT'S MORE ADDICTING THAN SOME SORT OF LIQUIFIED ORGASM.  :cry
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #890 on: May 09, 2010, 11:32:52 PM »
--

Cz! Pfui.  

Never played WB but if you liked AW I think you'd like AH.  7 Spits to choose from too, if you count the Seafire.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #891 on: May 09, 2010, 11:49:22 PM »
Cz, wow that brings back memories, best part of that game was requesting a crew for bombers, we used to load up all the gunner positions and it became a flying DeathStar, get a bunch of drunks in one plane and the Vox was never quiet.  :rofl
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #892 on: May 11, 2010, 11:37:29 AM »
Cz, wow that brings back memories, best part of that game was requesting a crew for bombers, we used to load up all the gunner positions and it became a flying DeathStar, get a bunch of drunks in one plane and the Vox was never quiet.  :rofl
Ahhh yes..... those were the days!  :)

I particularly enjoyed gunning the chin with a pilot who enjoyed dog-fighting in a B17, not mentioning any names!  We had a 'Spiffing' time though!  :lol
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 11:40:27 AM by Flossy »
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #893 on: May 11, 2010, 01:54:49 PM »
Yeah, Deathstars were the best.  I think that is the only short coming of AH...multiple gunners.  Used to belong to a squad =BRU= (Buffs R Us) with Freelance as our CO back in the AW Genie days.  The intercom banter that went on while we flew a mission had me wiping tears from my eyes cause I was laughing so hard!

TShark
=ed=
Edge

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #894 on: May 13, 2010, 01:30:11 AM »
First rule of Bigweek is, we don't mention Bigweek.

There are certain things we don't let our wives pack during a con trip either  :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #895 on: May 13, 2010, 01:57:33 AM »

There are certain things we don't let our wives pack during a con trip either  :D

I can't believe remember that 'little' mistake!       :O

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #896 on: May 13, 2010, 07:02:04 PM »
Ahhh yes..... those were the days!  :)

I particularly enjoyed gunning the chin with a pilot who enjoyed dog-fighting in a B17, not mentioning any names!  We had a 'Spiffing' time though!  :lol

That was my favourite trick for getting n00bs hooked. Landed 11 kills for a new guy one night. Vulching with a chin gunner in a B17 is huge fun. He paid up and his wife had left him within 3 months.

I miss Spiff and Fidd and all those Kraits.
Retired

Offline gdzila

• Zinc Member
      • Jagdgeschwader 77
« Reply #897 on: May 15, 2010, 03:18:34 AM »
was Cuce in AW flew with the ASB and then the AIF
gdzila
C.O. JG77

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #898 on: May 15, 2010, 10:00:02 AM »
I flew with ASB for a little but...with Sapo, Tazz, hyena....was during AW2 when I started, went by %nub....wow
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline thud123

• Zinc Member
      • Musketeers.org
« Reply #899 on: May 15, 2010, 11:21:20 AM »
Since this thread is still alive...

6623   Death Angel  1992

Decided to up one day with a tank and blast my own country's uppers on some field. Laughed my bellybutton off but my countrymen didn't think it was that funny so I fled to FR (full realisim) and changed my name to Thud.

3357 Thud after CRIS started the $1.50/hr. Man that was a sweet deal at the time! They also gave you a shell account with your dial-up subscription. Learned a lot of UNIX commands. Ah, good times, good times.

I was fortunate to be asked to join the Musketeers squadron  of Air Warrior in 94/95 or so.

Still with em', Wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

-thud