Author Topic: Any old Air Warriors out there?????  (Read 145707 times)

Offline gdzila

• Zinc Member
      • Jagdgeschwader 77
Re: Any old Air Warriors out there?????
« Reply #900 on: May 15, 2010, 02:44:18 PM »
Tazz and twilick or twilight (something twi) were the ones that got me into the ASB with ICY and Pirate
gdzila
C.O. JG77

Offline Goner

• Copper Member
« Reply #901 on: June 01, 2010, 04:14:11 AM »
Goner here ... was thinking of the good old days and visited to check if my account survived (which it did!).

I started flying Air Warrior in the Compu$erve days and stayed until the end. Was in a 2-man squad with Immel, called D.U.T.C.H (Drinking Umpteen Tasty Cool Heinekens, I think ... ?)
Never was much of a fighter pilot, but I flew Kates, Shturmi's, B-25's, B-17's in every scenario (Kursk, Pearl Harbor, Big Week etc) I could (had to get out of bed at 3 AM because of the time difference). When EA murdered AW, I flew AH for some time, but something went wrong with my connection and after some time I quit.

Only playing on-line shooters these days, Call of Duty series (not Moderrn Warfare 2), Enemy Territory:Quake Wars and Battlefield Bad Company 2 ... maybe I should buy a joystick and see if I still suck at SA and ACM  ;)

OMG!!! I just found a link to http://www.look-at-ewe.org/ ... my hair was still black then !!!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 04:45:00 AM by Goner »

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #902 on: June 01, 2010, 08:43:25 PM »
     Man oh man does that site bring back alot of good times.  Bunch of geezers  :D 
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #903 on: June 01, 2010, 09:17:47 PM »
Goner here ... was thinking of the good old days and visited to check if my account survived (which it did!).

I started flying Air Warrior in the Compu$erve days and stayed until the end. Was in a 2-man squad with Immel, called D.U.T.C.H (Drinking Umpteen Tasty Cool Heinekens, I think ... ?)
Never was much of a fighter pilot, but I flew Kates, Shturmi's, B-25's, B-17's in every scenario (Kursk, Pearl Harbor, Big Week etc) I could (had to get out of bed at 3 AM because of the time difference). When EA murdered AW, I flew AH for some time, but something went wrong with my connection and after some time I quit.

Only playing on-line shooters these days, Call of Duty series (not Moderrn Warfare 2), Enemy Territory:Quake Wars and Battlefield Bad Company 2 ... maybe I should buy a joystick and see if I still suck at SA and ACM  ;)

OMG!!! I just found a link to http://www.look-at-ewe.org/ ... my hair was still black then !!!

Man, several guys on there I hadn't thought of in years, and never knew what they looked like.  Thanks for posting that one up!  I never was much of a forum guy back then, so I guess I missed out on a lot of the experience.  I flew it religiously for years though.  Good stuff!
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #904 on: June 01, 2010, 11:03:33 PM »
I'm amazed that I recognize about 5 or 6 of those names.  that feels like ages ago...

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #905 on: June 02, 2010, 11:31:04 AM »

Wow i seen so many i used to fly with, i sent in my info and pic  haha
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #906 on: June 02, 2010, 05:22:08 PM »
Was "Dibo" in AWI , II, and III, with some variation to the name.  Flew with the 56th at the time.   Didn't play very often, but the addiction still got me.

The old Hooooooowwwwwwwllllllll  macro after the kill.  I'm getting old...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 05:24:26 PM by AAJagerX »
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #907 on: November 20, 2010, 01:01:09 PM »
bump  :banana:

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #908 on: November 20, 2010, 02:19:22 PM »
Bump this...call me ya bum.

~AoM~

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #909 on: November 20, 2010, 04:00:43 PM »
Played ah as well. Best memory was getting lessons from a girl pilot after she beat my spitty flying an A 26.

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline Snoop

• Zinc Member
« Reply #910 on: November 20, 2010, 05:19:08 PM »
flew as ^Ch:) in AOL aw in the tigers, frying tigers, dover dawgs, flew for alaskn, jag34, wind, headbang, edmo, elk, hawk, 6dan, 9mill, mrmike, vudo, and others. memory is going :).
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #911 on: November 20, 2010, 05:43:58 PM »
Played ah as well. Best memory was getting lessons from a girl pilot after she beat my spitty flying an A 26.

That might have been Kitty, Deadly pilot and drop dead beautiful
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #912 on: November 20, 2010, 06:04:36 PM »
That might have been Kitty, Deadly pilot and drop dead beautiful

Yup, she was both.

- oldman

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #913 on: November 20, 2010, 07:49:56 PM »
That might have been her.  She was an AH widow who decided to try the game and ended up playing more than her husband.

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #914 on: November 20, 2010, 08:29:23 PM »

Maybe she Morphed into BlueKitty   ;)
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!