Author Topic: Constant Boots to Desktop.  (Read 305 times)

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Constant Boots to Desktop.
« on: September 02, 2004, 07:52:38 AM »
It's happening more often now that when I'm in a GV in the middle of the map where the old Tank Town used to be.  I'd be in any GV and within seconds after firing up the engine and rolling "Boot" right back to desktop.  Sometimes it happens after I've been killed or even when no one else is around.

Am I the only one having this problem?  Anything I can do to fix/prevent this from happening?

Also I'm getting boots in aircraft but not as often as in GVs.

Offline MysticUF

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 08:33:34 AM »
no... you are not the only one.... I have major CTD issues.  They happen radomly, but when they do they come in 2's... its very annoying.. gonna try and turn some stuff off, but not sure if that will help but at this point I am getting desperate

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 10:17:01 AM »
Could be your graphics settings are set too high. Kick your graphics sliders back toward 'performance" (I'd lower them fully just to test it) then go back in the game and check things out.

If it's still messed up try lowering your monitor resolution one notch with the graphics settings low.

Search the tech forum for anything in particular to your vid card and situation.

Best of luck.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 11:46:22 AM »
Where do I find my graphic sliders and monitor resolutions?  Control Panel?

:confused:

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 02:41:59 PM »
On the Aces High title window on the clipboard you get a graphics setup selection. Work your way into there and turn everything down to minimum.

Once you get in the game on the clipboard you get setup for everything. Look for the two thats for graphics. One is for graphics and the other for video. Minimize everything there too.

It's worth a shot.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 02:49:35 PM by Blooz »
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 02:48:16 PM »
I know you're not running any anti virus program and have shut down your firewall yes?

Forgot to mention it.

Also, check out the "sticky" posts at the top of the tech forum.

Good info there.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2004, 03:28:37 PM »
Thanks....

no on the firewall and no on the virus thingys.

appreciate the help.

:)

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 12:26:51 PM »
Well last night I played with the sliders...first all the way down low. Ended up with "Shudders" something terrible. So I place them back to default, then backed down just a bit....  That seemed to help.  But later it stated again with the boots to desktop.  I asked some of my squadies and one asked me what type of CPU was I running.  AMD 3200+.  He was running the same and had the same probs before.  He fixed his prob by removing the side of his puter and have a regular room fan blow into it from a distance of a few feet...3 or 4 feet.   Whaaaa~Laaaa....  less boots, but still alot better than before.

It seems that the internal case fans were not pushing enough air to keep it relativily cool.  

Gonna try it again tonight and adjust the sliders a lil more to see what happens.  

I'll keep you all posted.

:aok