Author Topic: LA7 Gas Guage Broken...  (Read 401 times)

Offline 2Hawks

• Nickel Member
      • http://daniel.clanbaker.com
LA7 Gas Guage Broken...
« on: August 29, 2004, 09:45:32 PM »
While FLying the LA7 for a while, getting on and off the web, I noticed that I would reach zero fuel abrubptly when two guages (Shift+F) show prolly about an eigth or less of fuel. Major bummer when you think you have enough to get home and then your engine seems to quit for no reason. I took a few pings once when this happened, but the damage chart was all green.

Offline rod64

• Zinc Member
LA7 Gas Guage Broken...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2004, 03:33:56 AM »
Although I am a newbie really, I do know a bit about aircraft.

The La7 would have the worst known fuel economy in the game for propellor driven fighters. This, along with the fact that it has limited ammo, are the only reasons (a lot of players believe) that the La7 does not have a cost of perks to use it (for example, the same as the F4U-C...the one with 20mm cannons?)

I have been told by La7 experts in the game, that when in one and 1 sector from home, leave no less than 1/2 left in your main tank...otherwise you will run out. This is even with fuel conservation techniques.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
LA7 Gas Guage Broken...
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2004, 04:22:31 AM »
Yes, but you should run out of fuel at 0/8 not 1/8 on the gauge.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
LA7 Gas Guage Broken...
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2004, 01:16:02 PM »
One work around, keep the E6B tab open.  This gives you the time remaining on your fuel.  

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
LA7 Gas Guage Broken...
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2004, 01:30:58 PM »
Also, instead of the 16 cylinder version, go for the fuel economy 4 cylinder one.

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline rod64

• Zinc Member
LA7 Gas Guage Broken...
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2004, 09:39:17 PM »
Ha ha, very funny.

Would take away the point of people flying the ugly Lala then wouldn't it?

In real life, pilots don't use their fuel right to the last drop, unless you absolutely have to. Leave the battle earlier and land your plane, that is more important than one more kill and having to ditch due to running out of fuel.