Author Topic: OK...What DO Ya DO When.........  (Read 283 times)

Offline llbm_MOL

• Copper Member
OK...What DO Ya DO When.........
« on: February 11, 2001, 03:38:00 AM »
Your in a 109 vrs a Nik1? Lower, Higher, HO's..... (this is 109 with 30mm)......What do you do???..............

LLB OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by llbm_MOL (edited 02-11-2001).]

Offline Wingnut_0

• Copper Member
      • http://www.Luftjagerkorps.com
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2001, 04:39:00 AM »
I'm a 109F man myself..but if I was flying the terrible handling 30mm capable 109's I guess I'd:

Scream like a squeak and run!!

hehe

------------------
Wingnut
Luftjagerkorps

The quality of the box matters little.  Success depends upon the man who sits in it  -  Baron Manfred von Richthofen

[This message has been edited by Wingnut_0 (edited 02-11-2001).]

TheWobble

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2001, 04:40:00 AM »
keep on turnin, youll get him, alt dont really matter, just avoid the Ho and start turnin.  if he is diving on you very fast make sure he is behind you, then when he's at about 2k start a sharp but not too sharp turn, he will either fly right past you or will lose all his E-trying to turn with you, eithey way he wont get you, and a 109vs nik in a turning the nik will win.

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2001, 08:51:00 AM »
Wobble-

I'm pretty sure he meant what do you do when you are the 109 against a Nikki.  

If you are co-Alt you are in heap big trouble. The thing the 109 series does well, better than most planes, is to lift that nose over the top of an E-bled enemy. That is tough to do against a Nikki, as it holds on to E like nothing else. Further, he outguns you by a considerable margin. Outturning him won't work.

Here's what I do, take it with a grain of salt! Keep the fight fast. If you enter equal terms, avoid the HO by all means. Extend and climb- the higher you go, the more the fight is in your favor. No play this guy as if you were in a mustang, BnZ, stay over his head. The good news is that, assuming you are in a 109G10, you can pretty much hold him at bay forever with this type of play. Also, by holding the speed you can flat outrun him any time things begin to go sour. If you're patient he will make a mistake in time, and you will get him. The bad news is that 30mm means you better be close when that mistake happens, and the speed will mean the window of opportunity is small.

• Keep it high.
  • Keep it fast.

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2001, 08:56:00 AM »
I've seen those Niks do some incredible manuevers (the most notable being the 'spin 180', that I still don't understand).

I'm afraid that I have to agree with my colleague on this one.

Scream 'n' run.

------------------
Kratzer
Geschwader Kommodore
LuftJägerKorps

[This message has been edited by Kratzer (edited 02-11-2001).]

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2001, 09:24:00 AM »
BnZ while you have the E advantage, but when it starts to equalize, run like a screaming little girl.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2001, 09:51:00 AM »
Probe him a bit. If he does some ACM and uses the plane realistically,try keep the E advantage and use the better E-building of the 109 to keep him with heads down. When the E-states become close, extend and win E with your superior climbrate and acceleration. Then return to the E-fighting.

But if he starts to do the no-torque vertical BS, and uses the UFO E-retaining that has made the N1K2 a so liked plane between the hardcore simmers like me, then I do a heartly <FINGER> and let him alone thinking he has stayed alive because he is a superior pilot.

You know, quakeheads dont deserve better attention  

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 02-11-2001).]

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2001, 10:52:00 AM »
When I flew the 109g10 fer 50 kills I discovered that it's MG's were very accurate.. yah the MG's. Most guys laff at this; but I set up my 109 stickset with a split trigger. MG's then cannons on the second pull.

You guys ever read Hartmanns book?? Heluva marksman.. used his 109's MG's to part guys out at twice the range his wingies could.

Next I practiced; practiced practiced off line with those MG's.. got so I could hit what I wanted way out past D500.. I now had a dogfight weapon that could part out a guy before I even got into cannon range. MG's to tickle the bastard and start pullin parts off at D200+, give him the golf balls when he whips the nose around and trys for that HO Niks are so fond of..

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2001, 11:13:00 AM »
LOL

Offline XNachoX

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2001, 12:31:00 PM »
run like a little sissy girl before my P47 comes to get you =P

------------------
XNachoX

NIGHTHAWKS "WE BAD"
-------------------

[This message has been edited by XNachoX (edited 02-11-2001).]

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2001, 12:52:00 PM »
I usually will turn with him, try to get angles, If I can't, I'll let him on my 6 and try to force an overshoot. I can generally get 2 or 3 turns with a nikki before he starts out turning me, if my G10 is trimmed right.

A lot of nikki drivers will duck and run when they see a 109 guy turning with them.  
Nikki drivers like mitsu are a different story. Prolly 85% of nikki drivers are still learning ACM, and don't really know what their plane can do...

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2001, 05:34:00 PM »
I do one of two things when I kill dweeb Niki's when I fly the G10

My favourite is getting them very low on e, just outside range, pull nose up, be verrrrry patient, then drop down, stall horn screaming, and blast off a wing  .

Second is even more fun. Knowing their tendency to break turn, I go very FAST, and use a combination of rudders and ailerons to fkae going the other way, stop using rudders when I see their wings starting to move, pull up for the snapshot and one outta three to four times, i shoot them down  .

"Dweeb: U R cheating!"
"Me: Eat flaming hot death, E.T"

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up space"

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2001, 08:14:00 PM »
Step 1:  Turn and run like a scared little girl.
Step 2:  Announce on open channel that I won't fight him because he is a dweeb flying a dweeb plane and dweeb, dweeb, dweeb.  Not to mention dweeb.
Step 3:  Land at nearest friendly airbase, remove leather LuftWaffle underwear and immediately shower with scalding hot water to cleanse myself after flying that dirty  plane  

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2001, 08:32:00 PM »
lol!

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2001, 08:26:00 PM »
HO him at the merge (just for the cool points you get if you can make him whine about it) then fly a no-respect single circle turn back into his face, dropping flaps as much as possible to try to place my turn circle inside his.  If he buffoons it, I get a free snapshot at the very least.  If he shows any competence...

Lift my skirts and run away, hollering for help.  Wait for Vila or Lephturn or another of my squaddies to save me yet again.

Lots of Niki drivers fly F-16 BFM.  In other words, they just put the other guy at the top of their canopy and PULLLLLLL until he's in their gunsight.  Those people can be beaten even by a P-47 if you do things right, but unless you challenge them aggressively at the merge, you can't tell whether they suck or not.

One fine day at Mt Home AFB, I got first shot and a clean separation in my F-15E against an F-15C in 4 out of 6 engagements (neutral starts) simply because I flew extremely aggressively and suprised the other guy a few times.  Sometimes you have to do stupid things to find out what kind of pilot the other guy is.

------------------
eagl <squealing Pigs> BYA
Oink Oink To War!!!
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.