Author Topic: Thought I was done with soundpacks.......  (Read 996 times)

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Thought I was done with soundpacks.......
« on: August 30, 2004, 03:00:25 PM »
NOPE! :)

After I finished up 2.0 I figured I'd leave it alone for awhile...
Well, I just recieved 2 shipments of stock footage / audio clips and digital files of period aircraft from a personal collection as well as a few copies of Sound FX packages from an acquaintance in Hollywierd who works in the industry.

So It looks like I will begin work on 2.5 :)

Even though some of the aircraft files are not useable, They do give a good representation of the sounds (even flaps, gears in use, as well as engines) so I'll be able to edit sounds that will be closer to accurate than I could previosly guess...

So look out soon for the mother of all sound packs:)

There be even more suprises this round.

Also, I'm currently lacking resources on Russian planes,  and would like to gather files of russian or japanese radio transmissions - these being similiar to a check 6 or bandit call.
Any files recieved would have to have a translation for authenticity.

I'm also lacking authentic sounds of Nik, ki61s ect, but there might be footage in here somewhere that I can gather a representation.

If anyone has any files that would fit what i'm looking for - email at the link below.

I'll be sure to give you credit in the next version

Until then -

Waffle

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 07:24:25 PM »
I'll be looking forward to it.

Offline thebest1

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 11:05:28 PM »
waffle u da man i cant wait, OH and if u find a sight that has a pic of a yak in it that looks like my skin that would be great cause i forgot the adress for my plane and i forgot the squadron...(im not asking u to look but if u come across it) thnx thebest1189@yahoo.com

:)

Offline nsty1

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 09:56:33 AM »
Waffle,i was just about to download your sound pack and your anouncement of "mother of all sounds pack" has me curious,guess i can wait a little longer :D
thank you btw for helping make the game more realistic :aok

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 10:25:20 AM »
Great news Waffle !  I sincerely appreciate the hard work that you have donated to the AH community and can say that your v2.0 soundpack has enhanced the game greatly.  

Keep up the GREAT work!

Jay
AWDoc1:D
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004, 09:19:23 PM »
well so far on 2.5 -

Aircraft Done:

A6m2
A6m5b
A-20
b-17g
b-26
p51b
P51d

Right now these are the coolest sounds I've done since messing around with this stuff for games.

Thanks to a friends collection of material for resources to use in editing and research, I think I will be able to make some planes with historically and true to life engine sounds as well as operation sounds - Flaps / gears ect..

Other things, such as actually being able to hear several versions of the real life "whistling" of the f4u and the whining of the 190s at high alt, will allow me to create sounds that will work in an audio emulation. I was a little off in previous assesments. (v2.0)

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2004, 02:37:31 AM »
^ Same here, Waffle. I've gotten engine scream effects for all planes that had it. I think my favorite it the Corsair's whistle.

If you want, I can send you my sounds. I just want people to have the best sound possible, and not many have downloaded my pack. They always seem to go for yours :p .

All I'm saying is that I have some really great stuff, and you can use all of it if you want.

Offline FTSNYK

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2004, 10:16:13 PM »
Waffle, where do I go to download your sound pack?:aok

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2004, 10:35:27 PM »

Offline FTSNYK

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004, 11:55:40 AM »
Waffle, I got the download, Thanks! After I installed it I still had the standard game sounds. Any Suggestions??

Thanks again.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2004, 02:32:03 PM »
make sure that there is only one folder labelled sounds in your aces high directory.

The folder you downloaded will be called sounds, and inside will have a lot of folders with different aircraft/vehicles in it.

Thats the one you want.