Author Topic: More Terrorism in Russia  (Read 2454 times)

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
More Terrorism in Russia
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2004, 12:22:30 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
Isn't this war the continuation of what Tolstoi described ?

Well, the Chechen problem was solved in mid-XIX century, after Imam Shamil' was captured. The war started because Georgia joined Russian Empire and Chechens (and some other nations, but not so outrageously) started to rob caravans on the roads across Caucasus to Georgia. Before that the border was secured by Cossacks, who still live there and still fight this "rebels".

During WWII Chechens openly supported Hitler, and turned back to their favourite occupations: robbery and murders. On Feb., 23, 1944, all Chechens were sent to Kazakhstan. Kaakhs were not very happy about it. In 1958 they started to return, and attempted to start again, but after several murders people came out to the streets and stormed local Party headquaters, so Chechens were forced to order again.

And then came 1991, when they started to do what they want again, that resulted in half-million refugees and unknown number of people killed, kidnapped, held for ransom or turned into slaves.

Did you know that slavery is quite common in Chechnya? Almost every week federal forces release people who were kidnapped (some as long ago as mid-80s) and held in the holes turned into slaves in prehistoric meaning of this word...

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
More Terrorism in Russia
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2004, 12:24:59 PM »
Sad news :(

dont forgett one, who creates such Terrorists?
I came to the conclusion, where politics fail, terrorists grow.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
More Terrorism in Russia
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2004, 12:25:24 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding
The Russians battered Grozny with artillery a few years ago. There were plenty of civilians there.  

Dowding, a "civilian" with an automat and RPG is called an armed terrorist.

Russian army gave several weeks for unarmed people to leave the city. Grozniy was turned into a highly-fortified position. If you know other ways to capture such fortresses then artillery preparation and aerial bombings - please enlighten me.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
More Terrorism in Russia
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2004, 12:42:19 PM »
Who says only Nazis are allowed to commit genocide?  Communists had their fair share too.

Plus Life is not a right, it is a priviledge.  You must earn it and bad actions will take it away.  Painfully if need be.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
I'm gnikcuF<- pissed.
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2004, 06:44:40 PM »
It's one thing to attack adults, and the military with suicide bombs, and invade theaters packed with adults.

But it's one whole entire differnt thing to take children hostage.

I pray for the children in Russian who have been taken hostage, and I pray the Russia does what is best.

Negotiate to get the children out, get them out, then attack the militia men as they leave, and slaughter them.

I'm pissed, the Chechian terroists (sp?) have gone too far.

And what does Bush do in response to this? Tightens security on flights from Russia. He won't intervene till the US Embassy is attacked in Russia. And maybe not even then...

:mad: :mad:
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
More Terrorism in Russia
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2004, 06:48:00 PM »
I agree with you completly. But does Russia want our help ? I imagine we would be more then willing if they asked for it. But I imagine old feelings still exist and neither nation wishes to show they need help until its too late.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
More Terrorism in Russia
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2004, 06:48:37 PM »
Come on..Russia would not allow us to help unless we were asked by them. They have always took care of this internally. They feel it's their problem. You can't fault Bush for that.

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
More Terrorism in Russia
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2004, 06:50:27 PM »
Umm, we do have a war against terrosim and this is that...

But, Russia and the US are two stuborn nations...

Least we could do is send food and water over...
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
More Terrorism in Russia
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2004, 06:51:41 PM »
Why does Bush need to "intervene"?

He just needs to let Russia get on with it and stop making diplomatic denounciations of Russian efforts to do so as previous administrations have done.

The Russians have been saying for years that these guys need to be wiped out.  They finally have world (US) opinion on their side and will probably do precisely that.  They will certainly try.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
More Terrorism in Russia
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2004, 06:53:42 PM »
Atleast come out and say that you support Russias Efforts and are willing to assist of they so require it..

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
More Terrorism in Russia
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2004, 06:54:11 PM »
Russia isn't someplace that can't handle this on their own...Remember they were and in some ways still are  the only power that could match us.

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
More Terrorism in Russia
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2004, 06:59:41 PM »
Id like to think the Russian and U.S. tensions will soon be  over. Imagine the impact Russia would have on the war on terrorism. Russia, the U.S., and England all sided to put a stop to all these senseless killings.

I was wondering if Russia has taken part in any recent conflicts allied with major U.N. nations ?
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline LUPO

• Copper Member
      • http://www.stefanodeluca.it
More Terrorism in Russia
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2004, 07:06:34 PM »
Inappropriate
« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 10:33:22 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
More Terrorism in Russia
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2004, 07:11:24 PM »
I posted this in the other thread that Skuzzy himself helped Hijack.

This is BAD. If this works well we can expect it in the states as well. Think how much of a soft target a school is yet how effective it would be.

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
More Terrorism in Russia
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2004, 07:12:32 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
I posted this in the other thread that Skuzzy himself helped Hijack.

This is BAD. If this works well we can expect it in the states as well. Think how much of a soft target a school is yet how effective it would be.

You're right..anyone can walk on a campus and walk right into any building.