Author Topic: Wingman  (Read 179 times)

Sandman_SBM

Wingman
« on: February 11, 2001, 07:07:00 PM »
It would be nice if a designated wingman could share in the points garnered from a kill even if he doesn't put rounds in the target.

As an added "perk", I wouldn't mind losing perk points if my wingman dies.

Whaddaya think?

------------------
cheers,
sand
screamin blue messiahs

[This message has been edited by Sandman_SBM (edited 02-11-2001).]

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Wingman
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2001, 09:09:00 PM »
The perk points? not a bad idea - BUT:

Would they take half each (in which case why deprive yourself and have a wingman).

If they both get full points i can see people abusing this scheme.

Good to see people thinking about new gameplay ideas instead of whining about things, or about those schemes that arent implemented yet.
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Sandman_SBM

Wingman
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2001, 09:44:00 PM »
Interesting perspective... half the points equals less. That's not necessarily the case I think.

I'm far more effective in a section than as a single. IMHO, a well-trained pair of fighters can defeat any single aircraft.

I agree, doubling the points would just lead to abuse. I would go for splitting the existing points between the team. If you don't want to share the success with a wingman, simply fly alone. I'm betting that lone wolfs won't enjoy the success that teams will have.

One other thing... the idea isn't for wingman points only for perk. It would be nice if it effected the standard pilot score as well.

[This message has been edited by Sandman_SBM (edited 02-11-2001).]

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Wingman
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2001, 09:53:00 PM »
What i meant in "not having a wingman" would be not to have an assigned wingman (ie by the .wingman command). IE, you'd still have a wingy just not an 'assigned' one. There would be no other way the server could work out who to give the points too anyway.

I fly with a wingman from time to time, but i hardly ever use the .wingman command. With or without an 'assigned' wingman, you'll still get the same number of kills, and more than likely (on average) it would be a fairly even distribution of PPs.

But, granted, it may well encourage people to 'wing-up'. Ah, the beauty of PPs.

[This message has been edited by Spatula (edited 02-11-2001).]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Wingman
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2001, 09:55:00 PM »
Winging should not increase points in any way.  The reward should be the increased killing capacity that comes with flying with a dedicated wingman.

AKDejaVu

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Wingman
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2001, 10:26:00 PM »
If you come back from an operation with a kill but without your wingman, you lost your battle.[/i]
-Lt Col Dietrich Hrabak, Luftwaffe. 125 Victories, WWII
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Sandman_SBM

Wingman
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2001, 05:14:00 AM »
Precisely, Hangtime!

Problem is... there are no points for simply supporting your wingman unless you put bullets in the target along with him.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Wingman
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2001, 05:45:00 PM »
I agree with AKDJV. The award is built in with the use of a good wingman. You get more kills you land more of them. So does he. The behavior is self rewarding. Putting points on it just opens it to abuse by people that use it as intended anyway.

Offline DRILL

• Copper Member
      • http://www.457thbgh.com
Wingman
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2001, 05:58:00 PM »
 HANGTIME i beleave that said it all sir (S)

------------------
 DRILL                     CO 457TH
Drill /384th FA/CH 364th

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Wingman
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2001, 06:22:00 PM »
Whoops.. I meant it in the direct connotation.. rather than GIVE points fer wingman assisted kill, I'm suggesting taking all sortie points away if yer wingie don't make it back!

LOL!

------------------
Hang
1st/AG "Bishlanders"  << Recruiting!!
"Turn to kill, not to engage."
Commander 'Willie' Driscoll, USNR
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline discod

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.millionaire.com
Wingman
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2001, 06:29:00 PM »
He he he good point hangtime.  if your gonna get points for working together then you should suffer together pointwise if 1 of you dies  

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Wingman
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2001, 06:56:00 PM »

Originally posted by Hangtime:
Whoops.. I meant it in the direct connotation.. rather than GIVE points fer wingman assisted kill, I'm suggesting taking all sortie points away if yer wingie don't make it back!

LOL!

What about, for your assigned wingman, you both get the PPs for a kill (double the PPs) ONLY IF you and your wingman rtb safely, else you loose all your points for that sortie.

Would certainly promote more tactical flying.