Author Topic: Bombs Away!  (Read 204 times)

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
Bombs Away!
« on: September 01, 2004, 04:31:09 PM »
Man's ashes strike Oregon home

FOREST GROVE, Ore. A most unwelcome guest recently crashed into a woman's Forest Grove home: the cremated remains of a Washington man.

The 46-year-old man died of natural causes in June. He wanted to be cremated and have his ashes scattered over Mountain View Memorial Gardens, a cemetery near Barbara Vreeland's home.

Family members told police the bag of ashes slipped as they were circling the cemetery in a small plane they had hired for the day.

The four-pound bag crashed through Vreeland's roof and landed in the attic. Vreeland was at her kitchen sink when the ashes hit the roof. She said it shook the house.

Vreeland's roof is being fixed and the man's family is paying for the damage.

Vreeland says she feels badly for the family.

(Oregonian)

Supposely the "bag of white powder" as it was called on the local news left an 18" hole in the woman's roof.

Damage done makes it sound kinda like the 250kg egg the FW190As carry don't it?   ;)

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Bombs Away!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 04:35:41 PM »
Looks like she got a free roof

A four pound bag of ashes? Thats not even a hard object..not dropped from very high...sounds like her roof needed to be replaced...If she felt bad for the family she wouldn't have made em pay for it

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
Bombs Away!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 07:25:00 PM »
Oh I dunno, how high would ya hafta drop a 4 pound object to punch a hole thru a roof?

I know it'd hurt like hell tho if it hit ya in the head, even from a 100'

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Bombs Away!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 08:07:37 PM »
It's not exactly ashes, it's more like ashes/pellets.  Either way, I wouldn't want it to fall on my house...or me.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!