Author Topic: Rainbow Trout  (Read 563 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Rainbow Trout
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2004, 03:57:28 PM »
I pulled 2 Rainbows of 4lbs.+ out of that lake on the same day. 3 pounders are common. It does get a might crowded in the summertime.

Offline Jayclark

• Copper Member
Rainbow Trout
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2004, 04:33:56 PM »
You can catch rainbow/trout here all year round. My first rainbow I caught was when I was maybe 6. I didn't have a fishing pole and my brothers did. So dad just to please me gave me a stick with a little bit of line and a hook with bubble gum for bait. I droped it right off the bank under a tree. No one expected me to catch anything. About 10 mins later I caught a 3 /12 pound rainbow.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
Rainbow Trout
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2004, 05:39:23 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
I pulled 2 Rainbows of 4lbs.+ out of that lake on the same day. 3 pounders are common. It does get a might crowded in the summertime.
power bait dunk and kill right?  Beat my 5 lbs rainbow caught up in idaho when i was 4.:D
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
Rainbow Trout
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2004, 05:54:49 PM »
<~~rolling up my pant leg.looks like the fish stories are getting deep,hehe caught a bunch of rainbows last weekend,,one was 18inches long not too bad for a rainbow,,the old rooster tails and blue fox were tearing them up here,,can catch them all year long in washington state too

but i was after steelhead, its a steelhead run up here right now till the end of this month,yum yum:) and late salmon coming back to nest and die, good times to be fishing this time of year

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Rainbow Trout
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2004, 07:06:17 PM »
Growing up I lived on a remote spring fed pond that they stocked with brown trout.  All summer long it would look like it was raining at dusk.

I'd be out there until after dark catching 3 pound browns on dry flies.

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
Rainbow Trout
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2004, 07:40:02 PM »
caught a good many last spring in a nearby creek (18 mile creek). Our largest were around 24 inches. Didnt have a scale on us at the time. We were packing light beacuse the spot we go to aint to easy to do with 2 free hands let alone 2 full of gear. We dont eat the spring fish around here. We wait til late summer and fall to catch to eat. Still great fun tho.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'