Author Topic: Is this the end?  (Read 374 times)

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Is this the end?
« on: September 03, 2004, 07:24:16 AM »
Kerry's response to the RNC Convention and the speeches made there has been to go on the attack and state that Bush and Cheney are not fit to lead the United States because..................

THEY DID NOT SERVE IN VIETNAM!!!!!

So now anything and everything Kerry claims about his service in Vietnam is fair game for the closest scrutiny. Once again Kerry has made Vietnam the reason he should be President. He has nothing to complain about when his record as a sailor in Vietnam is called into question now.

I think the guy might fall apart like a dime store watch. I think the Swift Boat Vets are going to stick to him like white on rice. This may be it.

Kerry has no record to speak of in the Senate, in fact, he tries to hide his record in the Senate because he almost never shows up, and when he does, he votes so far to the left some Democrats won't even vote for him. Kerry could only respond to Bush's speech that was not about Kerry, or about Kerry in Vietnam, by launching in to a tirade about Bush and Cheney not serving in Vietnam. I really don't see what he's got left to stand on.

If a four month tour of duty in country in Vietnam automatically qualifies you for President over someone who didn't serve there, I've got some friends who should be a shoe in. For that matter, we could just elect David Hackworth or Harold Moore if we wanted a truly decorated Vietnam veteran in the White House.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2004, 07:49:39 AM by Captain Virgil Hilts »
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline 1K0N

• Nickel Member
Is this the end?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 07:47:02 AM »
The day after the vote will be the end, in Nov. its to early to declare victory for either party.. What concerns me is that if the vote is close again and the dems end up loosing by a margin that is questionable, we may see civil war of some sort!

IKON

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Is this the end?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 07:48:16 AM »
Victory? what Victory?

No matter who "wins", we all loose.
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Is this the end?
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 08:29:04 AM »
Well to tell the truth the last 4 years haven't been bad for me so why would I want to make a change?
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Is this the end?
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 05:39:25 PM »
IK0N we won't see a civil war because just like last time, there are well established procedures for dealing with such things even if we don't have to exercise such procedures very often.

The main point is that each state MUST submit it's electoral votes in accordance with the election laws in place at the time of the election.  That means if you don't like the results, you can't go back and change the laws just to make the results different.  In another close election, the courts would have to rule based on the results given by the laws in place, just like they did last time.

If people still don't like the results, just like some didn't like the results last time, they have 4 full years to create and pass new election laws to fix any shortcomings in the old election laws.

Anything else is merely illegal tampering with the election process, not grounds for civil war except in the minds of some extreme revisionists who would rather toss the constitution out in any event because it keeps them from forcing their opinions on everyone else.  The supreme court was very clear about this last election, and it's why they didn't take too long to return their judgement and opinion, including the minority dissenting opinion.  In the end, it's only 4 years until the next election and there still exists an impeachment process in the event of actual presidential misconduct, so the republic marches on as usual.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Is this the end?
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 07:05:02 PM »
Originally posted by 1K0N
The day after the vote will be the end, in Nov. its to early to declare victory for either party.. What concerns me is that if the vote is close again and the dems end up loosing by a margin that is questionable, we may see civil war of some sort!

IKON

No civil war 1KON, the libs don't believe in guns...

they gonna start a civil war of lawsuits and whines?
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Is this the end?
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 07:53:11 PM »
"spitballs" :)

the dems are a funny group to watch

saw a flock of them on the tele getting fired up by dnc's terry mcnumbnuts before they boarded some bus to somewhere to spew skerry hotair - LOL
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
Is this the end?
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 08:19:59 PM »
Mcnumbnuts......he he he, ha ha he, eh lol  he he good one, he he ehl ol.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
Is this the end?
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2004, 02:49:49 AM »
Originally posted by Maniac
Victory? what Victory?

No matter who "wins", we all loose.
wow a foreigner is right, for once.
II/JG3 DGS II