Author Topic: 13th TAS.. thank you!  (Read 379 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
13th TAS.. thank you!
« on: January 07, 2001, 01:40:00 PM »
The bishes were runnin some tuff missions last night.. and havin a hard time getting focused.

You fellers from the 13th (my old squad) hopped right in; grabbed goons and captured the port; then sank the fleet (with JABO ponies no less!!) and helped incessantly all night with the overall strat on the board. A fine showing; warmed my cockles to see it. Thanks again all of yah.. good work; and greatly appreciated.  

I should also note here that more and more squads are focusing directly on strat objectives; and this is changing the nature of this sim; slowly and surely moving the MA towards a more immersive tactical enviornment. There's still plenty of mindless furballin going on; and that's fun too; but I think we are all 'waking up' and beginning to discover there's a lot more possible with teamwork and shared objectives too.

WTG guys.. this sim keeps gettin better and better. we're gettin better tools, but to help that development along we need to use 'em and participate when we can.

A big <S!> to the bish squads always participating in strat goals.. the Nighthawks; the FDB's the TAS and all you others.. keep it up!

Thanks again!

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Thorns

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/computerpilot/
13th TAS.. thank you!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2001, 03:27:00 PM »
Hangtime,
You refer to TAS as your old squad.  I don't get around much, but when did this happen?
What is your new Squad?  Musketeers have always looked to the TAS(with Hangtime) as one of the best "got it together" squads!

Thanks,
Thorns

p.s. Someone take that C.O. off my Sig!
------------------

[This message has been edited by Thorns (edited 01-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Thorns (edited 01-07-2001).]

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
13th TAS.. thank you!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2001, 03:34:00 PM »
Totally agree Hangtime.

Seems more and more folks are really getting into the "object oriented" style of flight.
Looking at all the toys availble in AH now, I think this has pushed the issue to the top.  It has really gotten a bit complicated with the many, many ways a field can be captured or defended.
So I beleive a natural migration away from the mindless activites is occurring.  For me, this is awesome.

Regardless of why it is occurring, I am very happy it is.

------------------
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
President, AppLink Corp.
http://www.applink.net
skuzzy@applink.net
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
13th TAS.. thank you!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2001, 04:02:00 PM »
Hiya Thorns..

My heart remains with my squadmates at TAS.. they DO have their act together and are gettin better all the time. Without a doubt; they are the best Pony-only specilaized hunter killer squad in Bishland; if not in the sim.

I was TDY at 13thTAS from the start; having  come from being the only non mac WB Pale Horse pilot (old pony dedicated squad back there) and when I came to AH over a year ago; I fell in love with this sim and never went back to WB's.

I may at some point start a Pale Horses pony team here in AH for non-mac migrators.. but for now; I'm concentrating on Bish strat objectives and Bish unity..

Thanks for asking!

Hang
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
13th TAS.. thank you!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2001, 04:57:00 PM »
Field Marshall Hangtime, the 'Firebirds' 56 (Fighter) Squadron are at your disposal at any time (bar squad night!) when we're both online!  

Keep the Bishops organised, we have a lot of faith in you!

Cyas up soon bud!

Nexx

PS  Enjoyed flying with ya again!  
NEXX

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
13th TAS.. thank you!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2001, 05:27:00 PM »
It really helps to have someone willing to design and put up missions...Salute to ya Hangtime.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
13th TAS.. thank you!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2001, 05:45:00 PM »
Thanks, Hang! I'm sure Ice will post his appreciation for your accolades, too!  

This is only the begining, and things can only get better!

Voss 13th T.A.S.

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
13th TAS.. thank you!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2001, 06:28:00 PM »
Hey when I seen all those Mustangs taking off for 10 I thoght , WOW !

When we couldn't get 4 down , I thought that I might be some help so I deverted .

Yep Bishups , here's a big <S>

spro
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline Wegaman

• Zinc Member
13th TAS.. thank you!
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2001, 06:37:00 PM »
yeah, i was able to fly for a bit, in fact i flew a goon for a base, only to realize u cant land on water the hard way    

I like what I am seeing, people doing missions and people ACTUALLY joining them, and taking bases easily!! Too bad i wasnt on too much this weekend, but I will be next!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
13th TAS.. thank you!
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2001, 07:17:00 PM »
Just thank the Knits, we kick you butt around alittle, gets you inspired.  

------------------

~Death Rattlers~
Member of 'MAG-33' (Click here)
Click here for VMF-323 Death Rattlers info
Click here for interviews with other Aces High Squadrons
If you cannot do something well,
learn to enjoy doing it poorly!

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 01-07-2001).]

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
13th TAS.. thank you!
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2001, 07:29:00 PM »
Aww, shucks.  Ditto what SOB said.  It is good that someone on the Bishops is putting together some decent missions, Hang.  Keep it up, and hell, we might let ya have a beer or somethin'

Gordo
FDB!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
13th TAS.. thank you!
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2001, 08:26:00 PM »
Jeeze Gordo.. only a beer? I wuz kinda hopin fer a night out (or in) with Fatty's mom...

Now THAT would be somethin to write home about.  

...at home, or abroad.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
13th TAS.. thank you!
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2001, 08:43:00 PM »
Well toejam, you're in luck!  We'll give you the beer, then you just hand it over to Fatty's mom.  The rest of the night's activities are then up to you!  
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
13th TAS.. thank you!
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2001, 09:54:00 PM »
Ya don't want to drink that beer when she gets done with it, though.  The only job she's ever had has been as an entertainer in Tiajuana.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
13th TAS.. thank you!
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2001, 12:50:00 AM »
Kewl.  

...at home, or abroad.