Author Topic: Rookie's question time  (Read 328 times)

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Rookie's question time
« on: September 08, 2004, 04:49:25 PM »
Hello, I'm a newbie map maker and I just started to update my FinRus map to AHII... ;)

I have couple of questions (and I know everybody has asked them before me). But I hope that somebody has time to answer me:

1) The Town object group don't contains map room and when I try to locate the individual map room to the Capture town, it always snaps to the center of the town and overlaps one building there.  I have situated it now to the adjacent texture near town, but is it correct way?  

2) And is it correct way that I define for ex. the Small airfield (one big 3D-object) as a "Tower"? It is working on the Offline-test.

3) And what are these error message after assigning trains, convoys and barges:

"XXXXXXXXX (truck or train object's code) Miss matcheded Zone Index."
"xxxxxxxxx (road's name) has a closer destination field number 60" (IT IS NOT TRUE!!!)

I have done everything as they should be, but error messages are still coming... is it a known bug or something? :confused:

4) I have tested the map in Offline and everything else is working good but some factories and cities are not on the "correct side". I have checked them: Zones and countries are as they should be but however it's a mess! Bug?

Waiting for your help, fellas!:aok
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 05:25:18 PM by kanttori »
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
Rookie's question time
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 04:21:24 PM »
1 -  The towns do contain a maproom, you don't need to add 1 although error report will say you don't have 1, ignore it. You can move maprooms slightly away from center although they will apear to snap back to center. When you build the map they will be where you moved them.

2 -  All airfields, v-fields & ports should be "group masters, again you will get a no tower error, ignore that too.

3 - Make sure ALL of your convoy objects have the correct zone #
as for the closer destination error the only time I ever saw that 1 was when I accidentally crossed over water with a road.

4 - 2 things come to mind here, either you didn't assigh a zone master or your using a 'reserved' zone #.  Zone 1 must always be bish, zone 2 always knight & zone 3 always rook. These are the HQ zones that can't be captured, any other zone # can be any country.

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Rookie's question time
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 04:54:17 PM »
Thank you very much for the information, I noticed that I have a bad Zone error: Zones 1-2 are Bish's, 3-4 are Knight's and 5 is Rook's. I must repair them at first! :aok

So I can delete the maprooms I situated near towns to the nearest textures? You mean that the "TOWN0" (town) shape already contains the maproom? Where it is?:confused:

Does "VFLD0" (Vehicle field) shape also contain a maproom? Or do we need a "Capture Town ("OWN0"shape) near it, too? :confused:

I am waiting your good instructions and now I am going to make those repairs to my map. Thank you once again!:)

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Rookie's question time
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 06:01:20 PM »
Yessss! Zones ok, Fields ok and those train/convoy/barge -error messages ok!!! :aok :D :aok