Author Topic: 9/11 is not Bush's fault!!!!  (Read 2132 times)

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
9/11 is not Bush's fault!!!!
« on: September 10, 2004, 03:36:22 AM »
Originally posted by Silat
And I will remind you that 9/11 happened on GWB's watch.

Ohoh, here we go again....

9/11 would have happened no matter what. No matter whether it was a Republican or Democrat Administration in power.
We were just not prepared (regardless of the intel budget) as we had never had any attack of this type before. No history to learn from. Of the thousands of threats, we just didn't have the budget and manpower to investigate every threat. We still don't.
I think everyone here knows that I am not a big fan of our present president (I'm not a fan of Kerry's either, I just don't trust many politicians), but to blame him for this attack is well, BS.

Go back to the time before 9/11. Think of the mindset of all of us from the President on down. There are scattered reports that there might be some hijackings of our jetliners into some of our buildings (among the thousands of other reports of other possible events). They'll be using nothing but boxcutters (utility knives) and fake bombs. Can you imagine the uproar of everyone if we actually acted on those threats?
"How dare they strip search me!!"  
"How dare they make me wait! I have to show up extra early to check in??"
"How dare they take away my nail clippers!!"
Etc., etc.
9/11 would not of happened as those 9/11 terrorists would not have made it through the extra scrutiny.
We would think that there was no actual threat.
Instead of showing our gratitude to the Bush administration, we'd be voting in someone else because of the "terrible hardships" imposed on us for airtravel.
Amazing that it takes a terrible terrorist attack to happen for us to accept what is possible. Hindsight is 20/20 and history is a great teaching tool.

Edit***

Now, any administration will look into these types as well as related threats very seriously indeed. The American public won't be so fickle about it because of the 9/11 attacks.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 03:41:20 AM by SaburoS »
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Re: 9/11 is not Bush's fault!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 05:00:45 AM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
The American public won't be so fickle about it because of the 9/11 attacks.

Until time goes by, noting big happends and we forget. Just look at the grumblings by opposition politicans when when the admin releses a threat alert..

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 05:11:33 AM »
Yeah Grun, I hear you.
Trust is earned. We weren't too honest about our intentions of Iraq. Our intelligence services have a duty to present to our leaders the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Without that, how in the world can our leaders lead effectively?
How can we trust our Intelligence services? How can we monitor our Intelligence services without compromising the intel?

Having said that, this and future administrations are in a no win situation. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Personally, I'd rather err on the safe side.
When our Intellegence services are doing their job, we shouldn't have major attacks. Then we'd scream "False Alarms!!!"
If a major attack does happen, we'd scream "You failed us!!!"
No win situation.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 05:12:42 AM »
I certainly agree with you, but don't forget that some politicians could use the insecurity feeling (by proclaiming a higher than reasonable threat level) to support their own agenda, just like others would lower it to help people feel artificially secure and comfortable. Of course, without hindsight it is impossible to be exactly right. As long as they are honest with the intel they have, they can't be blamed IMO.

But I can't defend myself to think that your administration did it on purpose to justify the war in Iraq.
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Re: 9/11 is not Bush's fault!!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 07:20:17 AM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
Ohoh, here we go again....

9/11 would have happened no matter what. No matter whether it was a Republican or Democrat Administration in power.
We were just not prepared (regardless of the intel budget) as we had never had any attack of this type before. No history to learn from. Of the thousands of threats, we just didn't have the budget and manpower to investigate every threat. We still don't.
I think everyone here knows that I am not a big fan of our present president (I'm not a fan of Kerry's either, I just don't trust many politicians), but to blame him for this attack is well, BS.

Go back to the time before 9/11. Think of the mindset of all of us from the President on down. There are scattered reports that there might be some hijackings of our jetliners into some of our buildings (among the thousands of other reports of other possible events). They'll be using nothing but boxcutters (utility knives) and fake bombs. Can you imagine the uproar of everyone if we actually acted on those threats?
"How dare they strip search me!!"  
"How dare they make me wait! I have to show up extra early to check in??"
"How dare they take away my nail clippers!!"
Etc., etc.
9/11 would not of happened as those 9/11 terrorists would not have made it through the extra scrutiny.
We would think that there was no actual threat.
Instead of showing our gratitude to the Bush administration, we'd be voting in someone else because of the "terrible hardships" imposed on us for airtravel.
Amazing that it takes a terrible terrorist attack to happen for us to accept what is possible. Hindsight is 20/20 and history is a great teaching tool.

Edit***

Now, any administration will look into these types as well as related threats very seriously indeed. The American public won't be so fickle about it because of the 9/11 attacks.

why do you waste your time? there are people reading and "writing" here that will argue that the sky is blue. if a two year old refuses to believe that theres nitrogen in the air we breathe it is pointless to try and educate or have a discussion with them on subject if they get their mind set that they are "right". the tenth time i pointed out the difference between awol and someone wondering where someone was for a weekend or two in the guard was when i "got it". youve obviously "been here" longer than me you should "get it" by now. wasting even fifteen minutes of your free time on four or six aholes in this little corner of the world who exist to argue without recognizing facts is stupid.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 07:59:17 AM »
to blame Bush for 911 is as destperate as running on your war record and his.

Let kerrie run on his political voting record.

lazs

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: 9/11 is not Bush's fault!!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 08:12:50 AM »
Originally posted by anonymous
why do you waste your time? there are people reading and "writing" here that will argue that the sky is blue.

No there aren't...

Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 08:44:55 AM »
Humm. Lets see.. Was it the Aug. 6? PDB memo that stated in bold type at the top:

BinLaden determined to attack inside the U.S.

And after that all sorts of  worthless intel such as possible terrorist to hijack airliners; possible terrorist receiving flight training inside the US. Worthless intel! It lacked anything about Iraqi so it was shoved to the side.

Who was held accountable for 9/11?? Oh, no one? The deadliest attack ever on America's soil and who was held accountable? What is that you say?? NO one?? right. right...

Who was held accountable after PH?? There are very strong arguments the wrong person was, but someone still was held accountable!

So lets sum up folks.. PDB on the presidents desk stating future events. Our president does absolutly NOTHING about possibly the best intel he has received yet to date.  3000 dead american civilians. Not one person in the american government is held responsible. At least we got that OBL guy.. O wait.. DAMN!!!!! Well, at least we got that dirty rotten soul of a man SH that helped plot and plan the 9/11 attacks.. O wait!!  DAMN!!!!!!!!

More summary? 3000 dead from the WTC. 1000 plus dead American fighting men (how many have died in Afghanistan). 7000-8000 wounded (how many missing body parts?) military persons. 1000s upon 1000s of dead/wounded non-militant Iraqis. Probably 1000s wounded/dead non-militant Afghans. This president's 4 year term is ending with a net loss of Jobs in America, first time since when? This president has divided America from the rest of the world. This president has divided America. This president fights a war of choice, not a war of necessity (having not done so himself)..

Is America better off now than it was 4 years ago? Are we more finacialy stable? Are we more united as a country? Is the world more or less hostile to America than 4 years ago? Does America have more people to work than 4 years ago? Is the middle class larger or smaller than it was 4 years ago? How about the tax burden on the middle class, more or less? Wow, why go on?? None of this means anything to the average Bush supporter on this board.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 10:06:48 AM by TheDudeDVant »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 08:49:07 AM »
growth rate at 3.9 % 170,000 new payroll jobs created last month... yeah.. I's say we were better off.  

stupid guns bans expire... anti guin nuts are afraid to prupose new ones... lawyers can't sue gun manufacturers out of existance for making a well made product that works perfectly...

Yeah, I's say we are better off.

lazs

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2004, 08:50:24 AM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
Humm. Lets see.. Was it the October 6? PDB memo that stated in bold type at the top:

BinLaden determined to attack inside the U.S.

You call that the best intel?

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2004, 08:54:28 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
growth rate at 3.9 % 170,000 new payroll jobs created last month... yeah.. I's say we were better off.  

stupid guns bans expire... anti guin nuts are afraid to prupose new ones... lawyers can't sue gun manufacturers out of existance for making a well made product that works perfectly...

Yeah, I's say we are better off.

lazs

Ya lazs?? Do more searching on your source and find the average pay of those jobs.. Average is less than $9/hour..

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2004, 08:55:24 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
You call that the best intel?

Hey grun... What did Bush do after he got that memo?

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2004, 09:00:00 AM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
Hey grun... What did Bush do after he got that memo?

You worked in the White House? You know FOR SURE he didn't at least try to do something? What could he have done? At the time the state of out intel communinty was and still is very poor..You get a vauge memo saying someone is determined to attack..That doesn't tell you when where or how...how can you defend against an attack you have no knowlege about other than someone is DETERMINED to carry it our..didn't even say it was eminent...I'm determined to win the lottery..doesn't mean it will happen.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2004, 09:02:44 AM »
So those jobs don't count?

Sorry but for a person out of a job who WANTS to work I think they will take the job.

The only people who are complaining are the Liberals who think they deserve more of a hand out.

As for me my life is real good right now so why would I want to change?

Oh by the way if you truly think Bush is responsible for 911 then maybe you need to go back on the meds.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2004, 09:03:20 AM »
Originally posted by ASTAC
You worked in the White House? You know FOR SURE he didn't at least try to do something? What could he have done? At the time the state of out intel communinty was and still is very poor..You get a vauge memo saying someone is determined to attack..That doesn't tell you when where or how...how can you defend against an attack you have no knowlege about other than someone is DETERMINED to carry it our..didn't even say it was eminent...I'm determined to win the lottery..doesn't mean it will happen.

lmao!! Tell me that was not your best? Try again..   :rofl

We went to WAR with that same intel community!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: