Author Topic: I'm Bored  (Read 1166 times)

Offline RDSaustinTX

• Copper Member
I'm Bored
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2004, 01:32:15 PM »
Various responses
The more you learm ACM the more you will like it. Hopefully TOD may be more to your liking too.

Dipstick, this was addressed to HT. I was doing ACM when he first showed up in AW.

If it's alot of fun for you to sneak bases (avoid a fight)

I think those that are leaving just don't like to fight or found their skills wanting in less uber models.

Obvious trolls. This thread was for HT. Show some class.

For this thread.

Dude, you typed half of it.

Instead of relying on the exciting strat element of "numbers," why not work towards encouraging HT to add a more involved use of the existing strategic elements to cure the boredom (as opposed to the tactical base capture elements people keep calling strat)?

Charon, I sincerely agree and didn't mean to imply that should be excluded. The whole 'balancing' thing displaces much of the old strategic interplay. I mean, they're seriously talking about continously varying target hardnesses by number of accounts logged on.

Let the humans target strat, and if they don't, then suffer the consequences, no?

For those of you who respond that you enjoy the furballs, they have always been and will always be. The stuff we are discussing is essentially peripheral to basic yank & bank fans (esp. now that your fuel is unporkable).

Mullah

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
I'm Bored
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2004, 04:07:07 PM »
Originally posted by JB73
nice way of picking apart what i said, and trying to sway me to "your" thought of what the game should be... exactly what i posted.

JB73 I did not 'pick apart' what you said nor did / would I try to sway you to think the way I do. You gave your opinion and I gave mine.

some people have a different view of what the game should be, and that is that.

i dont want to be an FM2 pilot on the deck with 20 other random con's in a fight for my life.

I agree. Everyone's interpretation of how the game is/should be played is different.

WWII ws not like that, and dont try and say it was. yes there were fights on the deck, but never a spit shooting an FM2 who's shooting an la7 who's shooting a zeke who's shooting a a different zeke who's shooting a different spit who's dodging a BNZ from a pony.

I never said WWII was like that. This game does not recreate WWII it is an A2A combat game/sim using WWII aircraft models.

saying i should learm more ACM i actually take as an insult. i know i am not great, but im not trying to do what i just stated above.

This I got from your quote here:

JB73 said, "pretend each pilot has 3 months under belt, and knows a few simple moves, and does not try an HO every pass. other than that they has no real ACM knowledge like myself for example (except i sadly have 2.5 years in not 3 months)."

Taken from this thread I had just read earlier. http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129701 I meant no offense by it.

because your l337 uber skillz let you fly in a random mess and get a few kills is no "better" than me being able to attack a bomber formation in a high speed pass without taking damage.

I've never claimed to be "better" than anybody and wouldn't even if I "thought" I was.

fly how you like, and stop insulting others for the way they fly, and stop trying to make everyone fly like you.

Always do and always have as best I can thanks. Don't think I've been too insulting to the building battlers, timid b-n-z, etc... Never have tried to make everyone fly like me. That's just silly.

And

Originally posted by RDSaustinTX
Dipstick, this was addressed to HT. I was doing ACM when he first showed up in AW.

You've been here as long as I have. If this 'post' was for HT only, you know you should've sent him an email or called him. I mean what part of "general discussion" don't you understand?

Mullah

Offline RDSaustinTX

• Copper Member
I'm Bored
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2004, 07:14:55 PM »
what part of "general discussion" don't you understand?

The part where you immediately infer I don't know about ACM.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
I'm Bored
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2004, 07:18:28 PM »
notice that is his answer for everything and everyone?
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
I'm Bored
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2004, 09:10:15 PM »

I didn't say ANYTHING to you about ACM. Pull your head out. R.I.F.

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
I'm Bored
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2004, 09:11:37 PM »
Originally posted by JB73
notice that is his answer for everything and everyone?

I repeat --- YOU said:

"they has no real ACM knowledge like myself for example"

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
I'm Bored
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2004, 11:35:00 PM »
Just checkin' in on the various threads...................... ............................. ..........hhmmmm, seems to be the same story here also, room full of happy people. Carry on!

Offline RDSaustinTX

• Copper Member
I'm Bored
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2004, 07:21:13 PM »
The more you learn ACM the more you will like it.

Hope your ACM is better than your trolling, dip.

Mullah

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Re: I'm Bored
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2004, 05:19:33 AM »
Now that reason's gone.

(so is Busher)

:(
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
I'm Bored
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2004, 05:37:07 AM »
Totally agree Mullah
NEXX

Offline Canaris

• Zinc Member
I'm Bored
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2004, 07:52:17 AM »
I would like to see a thing where we could change the map by vote.  Also with this new plane limiter thing it would be right that people should be able to change countries whenever.

Canaris

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
I'm Bored
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2004, 10:18:56 AM »
Hope your ACM is better than your trolling, dip.

Mullah

Hope your ACM is better than your reading comprehension. If you look VERY CLOSELY above you WILL SEE this as response to JB73's post. HELLO!

Offline RDSaustinTX

• Copper Member
I'm Bored
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2004, 12:25:23 AM »
OK OK Dip. If your ACM is like your BB style, bet your difficult to disengage ;)

Furball: I know  :(

Mullah

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
I'm Bored
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2004, 01:22:55 AM »
I agree, balance is lost in MA, not fun anymore.