Author Topic: Guppy and Nomde I need some info.  (Read 665 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Guppy and Nomde I need some info.
« on: September 12, 2004, 04:37:36 PM »
Guppy can you get me a history on Maj Eagleston's ride ie: Dates, model, airfields with kills etc. etc.

Nomde you have the Osprey book with the color plate. The paragraph in the back is all I need on the Stalag with wings submitt.

Once I have that info I can submit them.

Thanks in advance guys.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Guppy and Nomde I need some info.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 12:03:12 AM »
Originally posted by nopoop
Guppy can you get me a history on Maj Eagleston's ride ie: Dates, model, airfields with kills etc. etc.

Nomde you have the Osprey book with the color plate. The paragraph in the back is all I need on the Stalag with wings submitt.

Once I have that info I can submit them.

Thanks in advance guys.

Eagleston only flew Jugs for a short time from November 44 to February 1945.  I believe most of his kills were with the P51 which was the favored ride of the 354th. I don't see anything to indicated he scored in the Jug. They were NOT pleased when they were given Jugs as part of 9th AF standarization in the fall of 44 after flying the 51 since 43.  They did get 51s back in Feb 45.  Eagleston was CO fo the 353rd FS, 354th FG in 45.

Found this listing Eagleston's kills, dates etc.

http://www.acepilots.com/eto/eagleston.html

Dan/Slack
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Nomde

• Nickel Member
      • Web Master
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 01:59:08 AM »
will send it in the morning nopoop, a little tired right now, been chasin JB's at 28k alt :)

Nomde
56th Fighter Group "Zemke's Wolfpack"
nomde@56fg.net

Offline Nomde

• Nickel Member
      • Web Master
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 01:28:39 PM »
Here ya go....

P-47D-22, 42-26298/Stalag Luft III/ Wanted Wings of Lt. Albert Knafelz, 62nd FS, Boxted, July 1944

A bare metal finish aircraft when first received at Boxted in Early May 1944, 42-26298 was given a coat of dark green on its upper surfaces which was then oversprayed with a disruptive pattern of ocean grey. The undersurfaces remained unpainted. Lt. Albert Knafelz's second LM-A, he did not have to face the experience suggested by the unusual nose decoration.

Nomde
56th Fighter Group "Zemke's Wolfpack"
nomde@56fg.net