Author Topic: ! lameplay  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
! lameplay
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2004, 03:18:14 AM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
as stated before speed is the dominating fact in dogifght now, so the AH2 MA is forever changed.  Much Less Furballs and more 1vs1's.

It only sucks for furballers, who have a hard time finding them because turning is not really a factor anymore.

Skill is and always be the dominating factor in a dogfight.  One day you will realize that but I feel you're going to be in for a long wait.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
! lameplay
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2004, 08:00:21 AM »
Originally posted by MOIL
Just trying to understand,  and no I don't have the magic solution for the perfect MA balance of fun. Hoping others will provide insight into what is "fun" gameplay or is everyone not reading from the same book.

LOL Nobody is reading from the same book.
"Fun" Gameplay is whatever is fun for you.
And this could be any one of a bunch of different things.
For me its whatever Im in the mood for at a given time.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
! lameplay
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2004, 08:14:17 AM »
oops
« Last Edit: September 16, 2004, 08:19:39 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
! lameplay
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2004, 08:24:56 AM »
Originally posted by 2Slow

Hap Arnold said it best in his lessons learned.  It is better to be on the offense.  Remember, the best defense is a good offense.

Very true. Particularly here.
Now if we could just get everyone else to grasp that LOL
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
! lameplay
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2004, 08:28:25 AM »
As long as sides are more or less in the same ball park as to numbers I am pretty happy.   I think I see a lot more turn fighting, I especially get killed by the scissors move a lot more in AH2 (something I know I need a lot of work on).   In this regard I think the gameplay has improved.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
! lameplay
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2004, 08:37:01 AM »
Originally posted by dedalos

These are just my objervations, I could be wrong.  Just play the game, it is what it is.

BULLSEYE! Right on the mark
Give that man a Cigar...or a doobie. whichever he prefers :aok

BTW anyone that ups from a base under attack and gets vulched  more then once is a sucker.
Anyone who keeps upping from a base and keeps getting vulched over and over and over is an idiot.:)
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
! lameplay
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2004, 08:50:18 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
He was just looking for a chance to reverse

Two sectors later ? ... geeesh !!!

What am I missing here?  Where does it say 2 sectors?  Where you the one chasing that 51?  If we are talking about the same example, the guy was running injured from 4 cons.  I think instead of giving one of the chacers the easy kill, he was looking for a chance to turn and at list fight before he dies.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline hogenbor

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.lookupinwonder.nl
! lameplay
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2004, 08:54:45 AM »
Originally posted by phookat
LOL.  Yeah, been seeing this kinda thing happen a lot.  So the other day I saw a 51b, and he starts running.  I decide to follow him (in a G10).  Can't catch him but I figure his wep is gonna run out eventually.  I think we ended up running 2 full sectors, straight on the deck.  Finally I guess his wep ran out because he broke.  Funny thing is he was pretty good.  We kept scissoring until I ran outta gas.  Only got a few pings on him, and he managed to ping me too.  I found myself wondering "why didn't this guy fight in the beginning, he woulda prolly kicked my ass?"

Sounds like me, except that I didn't fly the last few days. A G-10 should have the edge on the deck against a P-51b, it can drag the E right out it. If I want to land a few kills and I don't want to fight I run, easy as that. He prolly expected you to give up when you got low on fuel. Still you got a nice fight out of it.

The last time I upped a G-10 by the way I ran into you in a G-10. That was a GOOD fight, best I had in a while. Had to play all the tricks and push all the buttons on that. Pinged you with mg's but had to break when a P-51 newbie crashed the party. Still got the kill, dunno what happened to you, but anyway.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
! lameplay
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2004, 09:05:47 AM »
SlapShot,  I think you are talking about a different post.  My comment was not about the 51 vs 109 example.  :confused:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline la7'sRule

• Zinc Member
      • http://dflw.2ya.com
! lameplay
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2004, 09:15:30 AM »
I like to drop and run when some 1 tries to get me head on.. But nly till there like 2k behind Then you can turn and get em works a treat with ppl who dont have any sence.

but i dont understand why people would keep on runing after you get 2.5k Max distance between you and the hostile.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
! lameplay
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2004, 09:50:15 AM »
Originally posted by dedalos
SlapShot,  I think you are talking about a different post.  My comment was not about the 51 vs 109 example.  :confused:

Ahhh ... understood ... I thought that you were referring to phookats post where he chase the guy 2 sectors before deciding to reverse.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
! lameplay
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2004, 09:53:30 AM »
Originally posted by la7'sRule
I like to drop and run when some 1 tries to get me head on.. But nly till there like 2k behind Then you can turn and get em works a treat with ppl who dont have any sence.

but i dont understand why people would keep on runing after you get 2.5k Max distance between you and the hostile.

Why would you drop and run ?

%99.9 of the time, after avoiding the HO, I will reverse the con immediately and if they decide to blow thru I am on their 6.

If they don't decide to blow thru, they are usually dead within another turn.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
! lameplay
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2004, 09:55:36 AM »
Originally posted by Furball
New guys go immediately into Bore N Zoom, its the only fight they know.  More new guys need to get taught how to fight at a disadvantage and so wont be afraid to fight.  Rather than panic when they lose their 5k alt adv.

I cant understand their thinking, personally i find fighting and winning at a disadvantage far more fun and satisfying than bore n zoom/cherrypicking.

Ummmm please dont freekin mix all of us into one bag.

I still consider my self new to the game 3-4 weeks of game play and I dont BnZ. First of all Boooore N Zzzzzz is not only booring to fight against but its the most booring tactic to fly as well.

Also it doesnt help me become a better pilot. It doesnt help me to learn to fly the plane Im learning. Im still learning my first plane but I will sequencially learn more and more planes. If a plane is a BnZ plane I will do BnZ in it BUT NOT exclusivly. I will learn it so that I can fly much less predictable and squzee every single drop of manouvering out of it.

But most likely the BnZ planes will be the last ones I step into.

Currently in my Yak I do Zoom out of the battle when comming in from high alt. But its not because Im BnZing but rather because Ive due to lack of skill miss timed my approach and I anything else then Zooming out would make me bleed too much E. If I dont miss time it I do get my target, from there I sweap right in on the next target. If I get a break I build up some E, but still I dont BnZ and will never do so unless its a plane that REALLY requires it.

Tex

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
! lameplay
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2004, 10:10:20 AM »
I still consider my self new to the game 3-4 weeks of game play...

You've been posting like a mad man then "Member" texMurphy:D

BnZ is fun when you aren't looking for a whole lot of challenge and just want to work on gunnery otherwise you are correctamundo.  lol

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
! lameplay
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2004, 10:11:04 AM »
Originally posted by TexMurphy
Ummmm please dont freekin mix all of us into one bag.

First of all Boooore N Zzzzzz is not only booring to fight against but its the most booring tactic to fly as well.

Tex

I fly BnZ alot...  But lately I've been in a 109, and have seen the other side of the lake...  MAN, I sure hope I don't fly my 190 like many of the people I run into!

Anyway, if you "push it" on the BnZ (ie, loop over quicker, don't get every last drop of E from your zoom), it can really make things interesting.  I'll tell you one thing, if your aim isn't good, you won't last long doing it.  Unfortunately, mine is not :cool:

If you run into a few BnZ pilots who know how to push it effectively, fighting against a BnZ is ANYTHING but boring ;)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group