Author Topic: Iran is in BIG trouble now!  (Read 2965 times)

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Re: Iran is in BIG trouble now!
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2004, 04:23:33 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
It's serious now, the UN is involved. I'll bet the UN is capable of writing hundreds of more demands too, just in case Iran doesn't comply.

So much for Bush putting the fear of god into the region eh?

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Iran is in BIG trouble now!
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2004, 04:26:07 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
So much for Bush putting the fear of god into the region eh?

Please stop calling him Bush! Its an insult to all shrubs everywhere :D

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
Iran is in BIG trouble now!
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2004, 04:42:17 PM »
Here is my future vision, as I gaze into my crystal ball:

1. Iran will ignore the UN or simply lie to them

Yes.

2. Iran will continue to work on Nukes

Probably.

3. When it's apparent that Iran is close to a nuke, Israel, the US or both will be the only nations that will act to prevent it.

Israel probably hasn't got the capability, and America is too embroiled in Iraq to tackle Iran.

The only option that's likely to succeed would be sanctions, but that means stopping Iran (one of the top 5 oild producers) exporting oil, and that's out of the question with the current oil supply situation.

Iran has pretty much got a free hand for the next year or two, and by then they'll probably have nukes.

Iran knows it, too. Before and just after the Iraq invasion, Iran talked of opening their nuclear program to outide inspection, and sounded much more moderate. Since it became clear the Americans were fully occupied in Iraq, Iran has sounded much more hardline.

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2004, 05:19:14 PM »
Originally posted by Westy
Now ya done gone and messed up a good thing Torque.  There was never any room in this topic for facts and I for one cannot fathom your illogical introduction of them.

Westy,

What are we going to do about this problem? Logic and facts are really making it hard on some of our friends in here:)

:D
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2004, 05:28:31 PM »
If you think the UN is going to do anything but pass resolutions think again.

You want proof....just look at Sudan.  Widespread genocide has been going on there for quite some time now and all that the UN is doing is telling them to stop and forming a committee to decide what inaction they should take next.

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2004, 05:32:07 PM »
The UN's only power lies in cooperation amongsnt all Nations...It's a useless gesture....personally I think the US should withdrawl alltogether..who need a bunch of foreigners trying to tell us what is legal or what is right and wrong..International law is a farce who's gonna inforce it?.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2004, 05:35:45 PM »
lol

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2004, 06:47:56 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
lol

whats so funny? It's true
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2004, 07:19:43 PM »
Any guess as to the year we see a mushroom cloud over some city somewhere.

Maybe the Chechens and  O.B.L get them at the same time so what, N.Y.C and Moscow go poof.

I think about 2 years or so if we let them keep at it, what do you think?

Kind sad, we survived the cold war due to evolution and for what to be popped by some guy for his God.... crap!

Offline Chortle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2004, 07:24:11 PM »
Originally posted by anonymous
do a teensy bit of reading on strat situation of n korea and balance of military forces. info available all over web. it will keep you from spouting party line in the face of common wisdom and knolwedge.
I have taken your advice but have yet to find which party I belong to.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2004, 07:39:56 PM »
Originally posted by Nashwan

Israel probably hasn't got the capability, and America is too embroiled in Iraq to tackle Iran.

Wasnt it Israel who attacked an Iraqi Nuke Plant/Factory back in 1983? or was it 1985? before it came online.

Israel does have the capability, well, at least the capability to send a couple LGB's down the stacks at some Iranian Nuke Plant.

If Israel is worried about the situation in Iran, and I bet they are, they will act, and they will succeed.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2004, 08:00:30 PM »
The problem with Iran is that they do not have "one" location that can be attacked...they have it spread all over the country.

Israel has many nukes and may soon have subs able to launch nukes. Israel will not take a chance on letting Iran obtain nuclear weapons. The situation is not good.

If Iran has to be forced to give uo it's programs, it's going to be an all out war, not just a strike.

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2004, 08:25:07 PM »
Wasnt it Israel who attacked an Iraqi Nuke Plant/Factory back in 1983? or was it 1985? before it came online.

It was Israel...and Iran.

Iran co-operated on those strikes with Israel, and bombed some other Iraqi facilities as well.

The Iranians seem to have learnt something from that. Thieir most important facility, the enrichment plant, is located partly underground.

Probably the most important parts, the bits they want to hide, are wholly underground.

That makes bombing difficult, as does the range. The Iraqi facilities were much closer to Israel, the Iranian facilities are about 1,0000 km as the crow flies.

Any Israeli attack on Iran also has to overfly Iraq, which means the US has to agree to it, which is unlikely with US troops on the ground in Iraq.

Israel has many nukes and may soon have subs able to launch nukes. Israel will not take a chance on letting Iran obtain nuclear weapons. The situation is not good.

Israel will not use nuclear weapons in a pre-emptive strike on a wide scale, and I doubt they'd use them in a strike against a single target.

If Israel uses nukes first, it becomes a pariah and endagers it's own future far more than Iranian nukes would.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2004, 08:51:17 PM »
Originally posted by Nefarious

Israel does have the capability, well, at least the capability to send a couple LGB's down the stacks at some Iranian Nuke Plant.

If Israel is worried about the situation in Iran, and I bet they are, they will act, and they will succeed.

I'm not sure if just airstrikes would work against Iran since it's nuclear programe is spread out all over the place and much more advanced then Iraq's was. Plus some of those targets are in/near major population areas. So strikes at the stage they are would risk mass radiation etc.

But some strikes to cripple key instilations would be better then just waiting for the UN to decide what to do on the matter while Iran puts the finishing touches to it's new missiles.

Agree with Nuke, whole UN and waiting for what ever to be decided is just wasting time. Unfortunetly they have probably gone to far in their programe as it is. Plus anyone who believes their nuclear programe is just for nuclear power must be from mars.

Will be interesting to see how Russia would react as well, epecially since Beslan and their change of tact on terroism. Whether they would condem strikes against Iran or not.

Whoever and whatever is decided about Iran can't come soon enough imho.

...-Gixer

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2004, 09:26:27 PM »
Hey ya Torque, got a question,

You said oil was an evil thing for us.Well what is your alternative? No oil and you and us will be in the worst depreesion ever. I think most of us would starve in no less than 60 days . Oil isnt evil people are.