Author Topic: Please no freak show Pyro...  (Read 587 times)

Pepino

Please no freak show Pyro...
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2000, 10:23:00 AM »
RAM, you are not seing combat now, so I said perk RAM in this BBS.    

Que no te de vergüenza volver, hombre!. Todos cometemos errores    

Saludos,

Pepe

[Edit] CH1 is sooooo boring now.... [/Edit]

[This message has been edited by Pepino (edited 12-01-2000).]

funked

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2000, 10:23:00 AM »
With a 450 mph Me 109 available 24-7, this game passed into freak show land a long time ago...

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2000, 10:25:00 AM »

Originally posted by Fury:
hmmm yea Rip, perk planes might be a good distraction tool.  Fly one around doing nothing, get 10-15 guys chasing you, and then your teammates go pound a few bases while the defenders are busy drooling all overthemselves trying to get a few points.

Fury

Isn't that what the lone wolfers are for?  Me, I'll be one of those squads capturing your airbases...

Nath-BDP

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2000, 11:20:00 AM »
Umm the sole Ta 152 ace was Josef Kiel not Willi Reschke.

Funked, why are you squeaking about the G10?  Its not like theres millions of dweebs flying it around like the Niki and 1c...

Offline sourkraut

• Copper Member
      • http://www.riverrunne.com
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2000, 11:30:00 AM »
I can't wait to jump in a CHOG and HO one of these perk planes.

Sour

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2000, 12:20:00 PM »
Perk Planes are OKay!  As long as they are used correctly.

The perked planes should be awarded to the pilots with the least points, since it would seem they are the ones that need it most!!

Why should the hot pilots get them?  It seems to me they are doing just fine without them!!!

RAM I didn't know you started paying and playing again. Welcome back!!  Ya got the same handle? Because a non-paying customer to dictate what he/she wants in a simulation over what paying customers want, would be, well it would be pretty damn selfish and unpolite.  Anyways, glad to see ya back!!!

Have a nice day!!  
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2000, 12:30:00 PM »

Originally posted by Nath-BDP:
Funked, why are you squeaking about the G10?  Its not like theres millions of dweebs flying it around like the Niki and 1c...

No, but there could be millions flying around, just post enough about ANY A/C in AH, and whine..then it will be banished as an 'UberPlane' in Aces High, and newbies will think "Hmmm, must be the best ride out there!" and low and behold, G10's High will be born!  

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 12-01-2000).]

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2000, 12:39:00 PM »

Originally posted by Swager:
RAM I didn't know you started paying and playing again. Welcome back!!  Ya got the same handle? Because a non-paying customer to dictate what he/she wants in a simulation over what paying customers want, would be, well it would be pretty damn selfish and unpolite.  Anyways, glad to see ya back!!!

Have a nice day!!    

I dont dictate. I say my opinion.

Just as everybody else.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2000, 12:43:00 PM »
Rip, not really. Newbies will try it, get shot down, try it, get shot down, go back to n1k/chog. It simply is NOT a plane well suited for dweebery. Kills require some afterthought.

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
while(!bishRookQueue.isEmpty() && loggedOn()){
30mmDeathDIEDIEDIE(bishRookQueue.removeFront());
System.out.println("LW pilots are superior");
myPlane.performVictoryRoll();
}

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2000, 12:43:00 PM »
I assure you that any dweeb will get off the G10 very quickly...  a monster in a experts hands it's a flying coffin for a newbie...

It's fast, it climbs like a rocket - but that's it - awful highspeed handling, no elevator authority, small ammo load, pityful turn... all those characteristics make it most unuseful to dweebs & newbies - unlike the N1K2...  

Real men fly Radial!

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2000, 12:58:00 PM »
Hi

Newbies and Dweebs, (not implying newbies are dweebs  ) cant fly 109s worth a damn in any sim ive ever flown, its just not well sutied to inexperienced/impatient players. Yes its fast and climbs well but those attributes are much more difficult to employ than the more intuative and stereotypical tight turns. All newbie/dweeb type planes ive ever encounterd have  been more of the turning variety and had very easy to use guns with a large load of ammo. Neither of these apply to the G10, and to a varying extent most other 109 types. Yes the MK108 is uber nasty when it hits you, but if anyone really complains about this I would be more than happy to exchange the single MK108 with 60rds and effective range of 300yds, with your 4 Hispanos, with 900rds, and 1k range. 109 simply isnt a newbie/dweeb plane it takes experience and dedication to its strong points to fly it well and neither of those qualities are present in the dweeb or most new guys.

thanks GRUNHERZ

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2000, 01:24:00 PM »
Hmm, right over their heads...

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2000, 01:27:00 PM »
I don't know.
I'm a Spit driver (15 to 4 in this Tour), which according to most of you makes me a dweeb and I found the Bf109 quite usable.  Had fun downing a Spit IX using a G-2 from a massive energy disadvatage in one memorable fight.  I did a tour in which I flew 109s almost exclusively (flew a couple Tiffies and 190s) after being hammered by varios people for stating that "I don't fly Nazi aircraft".

I think that guys who say "Newbies and Dweebs can't use my aircraft" are just padding their egos and the egos of others who fly that aircraft.

Trust me, newbies and dweebs would do just dandy in the Bf109G-10 after a short adjustment period.

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2000, 01:50:00 PM »
Hi

Just cuz u fly a spit dont make u dweeb, all I said is the planes that newbies and dweebs gravitrate towards tend to be turn type planes with a very large supply of ammo. 109 doesnt have those features. As for the ego thing, well frankly all I can tell you is what ive experienced in my previous sims, mostly WW2 Fighers and EAW. In both those sims new guys were always advised to avoid the 109 and try a spitfire or something like a 190, as they were simpler to use effecively, had better handling qualities, easier to use gun systems and so on. I dont see it as ego padding to point out the 109s very obvious and very real limitations. Karnak, yes experienced pilots like you will find the 109 "usable" and that supports my point, only reasonably experienced pilots will find the 109 usable and get a reasonable K/D rate in one, newbies/dweebs will not have patience or experience for it. Would you really reccomend a 109G10 to new guy to AH? Thats all, no pretentious ego trips here, just saying 109s arent as newbie/dweeb friendly as some other planes.

thanks GRUNHERZ

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2000, 02:17:00 PM »
I've noticed the 109s are pretty easy to fly too Karnak (I've taken to G2 simply because it's easier than n1k in furballs, not out of any sort of challenge) but it's still amusing to hear them talk down the rest of the world about how hard they have to work for the same kills