Author Topic: First Impressions : CT  (Read 457 times)

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
First Impressions : CT
« on: September 18, 2004, 06:55:35 PM »
Went there for the first time since I started playing AH back in FEB 2002...wasn't alot of people..but everybody was respectful..and the action was fun...I reccomend this vice the MA anyday..gonna be in there alot more.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 02:42:55 AM »
CT is great, just not as many players as in the MA or I would have stayed in the CT more often. Ma is a more target rich environment so its more fun in that way.

;)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 05:32:48 AM »
Thursday nights usually draw the most numbers ASTAC. Try one night if you can. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 11:22:08 AM »
Popped in there today. Fewer players, same gangbanging. Logged off.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 12:30:52 PM »
:rolleyes:

Um hmm.  With the new version of AH out, we lost a lot to the MA.   When the excitement of the new engine dies down a little, we can expect our numbers to climb back up again. There is usually anywhere from 20-50 players in the CT in the evenings.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 02:00:18 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz

Heh... been there, had that happen too.

It was the Battle of Britain setup... LW had fewer numbers so I jumped sides to even things a little.  Launch from a base two sectors away and start to climb.  The minute my dar bar came up I watched the movement toward me.  It was priceless :lol

Never the less, I continued forward looking for a good fight... what I found were two 20k Hurricanes and a Spit so desparate for a kill they fell all over themselves diving down.  Of course, I died and relaunched... I MIGHT have made 4K before we were in the same 3-on-1.  Final launch of the night was the one where I was vulched.  I sat in the tower and laughed as they shot the ack down so they could continue unhindered.

Felt like the MA to me except the map was different :rofl  so I logged.

I WILL say this is not always the case.  I've seen a few occasions where a 1-on-1 fight was left alone and in those cases (even in losing) I will thank the observer for holding back.  It really depends on who is in the arena.
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

storch

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 02:45:10 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz

what he fails to mention is that he was among the bangers. :rofl