Author Topic: Yak-7?  (Read 620 times)

Offline thebest1

• Silver Member
Yak-7?
« on: September 24, 2004, 02:02:40 PM »
can i make a yak 7 skin into a yak 9 cause i found this skin for the game IL2 and mabey i can convert it (White16, 431IAP)

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
Yak-7?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 03:18:19 PM »
Why? The Yak-9's have some very nice paint schemes. Just check the 'net for them.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Yak-7?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 03:41:35 PM »
There's no reason you can't make them, but there'd be some problems in getting HTC to accept it.

The Yak-7 is an early war plane, which was a single-seate fighter version of the two-seat trainer plane.

Early days in the Eastern front, the supply rate of the Yak-1 couldn't follow its demands, so the VVS coped by modifying the two-seat Yak trainer Yak-7UTI.

The first Yak-7s were modified from Yak-7UTIs, and IIRC, after the first initial modifications the factories that assembled UTI trainers were now standardized to produce Yak-7s from the start. The Yak-1s developed into the Yak-1B, and then became the Yak-3 - this line was known as 'light Yaks'. The Yak-7s developed into the Yak-9, and finally the Yak-9U, which line was known as 'heavy Yaks'.

The performance difference between a Yak-7 and a Yak-9 is huge, not to mention that it also has a very different exterior.