Author Topic: AH Manual... still waiting..............  (Read 983 times)

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
AH Manual... still waiting..............
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2000, 10:54:00 AM »
I agree 100% with Creamo, that bastard.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2000, 10:55:00 AM »

Originally posted by -lynx-:
The worst people to trust with the task! Ever read any software manuals written by programmers? They are awful cuz people who write them know too much about the stuff they're writing about.

Hehe, how true!  In the company I work for, we take the training material from the Software vendor and re-write it for our engineers to understand, so they can use the product efficiently!

Offline Paxil

• Copper Member
      • http://marathontoathens.blogspot.com
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2000, 02:14:00 PM »
The amount of info available re: Aces High is really pityful. I suppose this might be in part because it is a work in progress... or to force a sense of community by everyone asking each other until we happen on someone who has inside information, but it would be really nice if the documentation included more than a keymap. Imagine trying to pick up AH without previous online flight sim experience. (Like myself) It wasn't easy and it still bothers me that there isn't more documentation about strategy.

Offline kidcol

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2000, 03:10:00 PM »
hmmm...   suggested this myself a coupla months back.

snip of my own post from the "why they don't stay" thread:

_____________________________ _____

It would mean more work for HTC guys, sorry, but, a complete downloadable, printable manual. The tiny control & dot command manuals are not sufficient for most who have played for a few months, not to mention total newbies. A nice big "For the new user" section could easily give step by step directions for taking off, landing, why you stall right away, stuff like that.

Everybody that has had to try to remember the reams of stuff in the multiple page help file that exists now on the website or bug somebody while flyin for particular info prob. knows what I mean. Even including sections on things I see asked a lot on this BBS, like: bomb load to take out certain targs or effects of taking out strat targs. on reset times wouldn't hurt either. (Sorry HT, didn't mean to suggest something that would increase your workload, but, well, I think it's something that's overdue).

_____________________________ ____

didn't actually say "pdf" in there, but I think that's what I was getting at. Anybody with access to a full version of adobe want to volunteer to start pulling a user-compiled manual together? I'm sure many AH'ers would be happy to provide as much help as was needed & then maybe HT would see fit to post it on the website for download.

Just a suggestion  

- kidcol2 -
-=NightStalkers=-