Author Topic: **WARNING** New Nigerian Email Scam!  (Read 587 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
**WARNING** New Nigerian Email Scam!
« on: October 02, 2004, 08:00:46 PM »
These guys just think up of new ways in trying to part you and your money.

New Nigerian Email Scam

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2004, 09:42:36 PM »
Don't bother guys, I already had the funds transfered to my account.

This guy is really on the up and up, I trust him.

:aok

Offline phookat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2004, 11:16:28 PM »
I love it. :D

Have you guys got the one about the Nigerian Treasure that was launched into outer space using the secretly funded Nigerian spacecraft?  I think that guy invoked special relativity and a time machine too.

Offline mora

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2004, 03:39:46 AM »
LoL! I once got some of that spam...I replied with racial material from a neo-nazi site. I got a few death threats in return.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2004, 04:20:58 AM »
I laugh every time some idiot falls for these e-mail scams. Even after all the warnings over the years (these scams were around LONG before the internet) people keep falling for this and then cry when they realise what has happened.

I dont think the police should even bother using resources to find those scammers.

Offline MRPLUTO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2004, 07:15:56 AM »
Do you mean that the Nigerian princess who wrote asking for my help was insincere?

MRPLUTO

Offline Muckmaw1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2004, 08:40:36 AM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
I laugh every time some idiot falls for these e-mail scams. Even after all the warnings over the years (these scams were around LONG before the internet) people keep falling for this and then cry when they realise what has happened.

I dont think the police should even bother using resources to find those scammers.

One of my clients had me send hime $7500 from his account so he could wire the money to these people. This was even after I warned him, threatened to quit and e-mailed him all the resources showing this was a scam.

Some people want to believe it so bad...they are blinded by their own greed and some get what they deserve.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2004, 08:47:55 AM »
These are as old as the internet. There's a site devoted to baiting these scammers, which involves getting them to do ridiculous things and having them email you the photo.

It's pretty hilarious when some Nigerian con-artist sends a picture of himself with a fish on his head holding a loaf of bread.

Why anybody would fall for these idiots is beyond me. One born every minute as they say...
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2004, 08:55:29 AM »
I dont know what you guys are taliking about... Mr. Bakise "Bobby" Kumbadja, son of the late Mr. Ajan Kumbadja the honorable chief justice of the Liberan supreme court  whom I dealt wiith was very gracious and promp in the delivery of my millions...

I'm enjoying the good life now!

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2004, 09:02:26 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding
These are as old as the internet. There's a site devoted to baiting these scammers, which involves getting them to do ridiculous things and having them email you the photo.

It's pretty hilarious when some Nigerian con-artist sends a picture of himself with a fish on his head holding a loaf of bread.

Why anybody would fall for these idiots is beyond me. One born every minute as they say...

They are alot older than the internet. They started between the first and second world war with letters sent from africa to europe offering you to buy non existant land and farms or shares in "mineral mines" .

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2004, 09:16:48 AM »
I have a very artistic flipping of the bird jpg I send to the ones asking for a "secret sign" I send in return. Then I report and block the bastiges.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Muckmaw1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2004, 09:55:45 AM »
Anyone got a link to that websight? I'd like to send it anonymously to my client.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2004, 10:00:48 AM »
The scam itself is refered to as a '419' after the legislature devoted to fraud in Nigerian law.

Here it is: http://www.419eater.com/

BTW, it's no laughing matter. Several people have been murdered by 419 conmen after being suckered into going to Nigeria to get their 'winnings'.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 10:04:05 AM by Dowding »
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2004, 10:07:43 AM »
One happy scammer, duped into stupid photo:

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2004, 04:44:15 PM »
Usm4n B3ll0!
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you